Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan Help!
Do a mix/match of both degree plans, and also add the TECEPs to that plan, create a spreadsheet and link us to it... The BOG AAS has no bearing on the ASNSM degree offerings at TESU. You're allowed a max of 2 associates, 2 bachelors, internally and any certs you want at TESU.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Don't overlook your local community college for RA credits. Being in California, the tuition is cheap. In fact you might be able to use your Pell grant there, and get extra money back to use towards the rest of your degree. Not to mention being able to access on-campus tutoring and fun elective courses like art, music and P.E., which can be used for free electives and still count as RA credit. I had courses like college choir and raquetball on my transcript for my TESU BACS.

Edit: I just looked at the first post and realized you have a lot of business courses, which may well fill all of your free electives on the BACS. CC is still a good option for getting your RA credit.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • allvia
(09-11-2023, 11:05 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Do a mix/match of both degree plans, and also add the TECEPs to that plan, create a spreadsheet and link us to it... The BOG AAS has no bearing on the ASNSM degree offerings at TESU.  You're allowed a max of 2 associates, 2 bachelors, internally and any certs you want at TESU.

Here's my updated possible plan now with both degrees included:

However, I'm somewhat confused. The plan from Level Up's, which my original spreadsheet was based on, includes both the 'Intro to Stats' and 'CSM Learn Course' under the 'Natural Science, Math, & CS Elective' for the 'Computer Science Electives (18 Credits)' section. Yet, when you refer to the 'BSBA CIS Business Requirements', it indicates not to take those courses as they are already fulfilled by the BACS. On rachel83az plan, under Part J & K for those same classes (Stats & CSM), it suggests taking the 'SAS Advanced Programmer' certification from Coursera and then either 'Environmental or Human Biology'. However, these are listed under the 'Scientific Knowledge Section' from the General Education on Level Up's plan. Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but that's my understanding. Thanks!

(09-11-2023, 11:05 AM)davewill Wrote: Don't overlook your local community college for RA credits. Being in California, the tuition is cheap. In fact you might be able to use your Pell grant there, and get extra money back to use towards the rest of your degree. Not to mention being able to access on-campus tutoring and fun elective courses like art, music and P.E., which can be used for free electives and still count as RA credit. I had courses like college choir and raquetball on my transcript for my TESU BACS.

Edit: I just looked at the first post and realized you have a lot of business courses, which may well fill all of your free electives on the BACS. CC is still a good option for getting your RA credit.

Yes, thank you! that's also a good option to consider.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BA in Computer Science (2 Updated).xlsx (Size: 17.16 KB / Downloads: 5)
(09-09-2023, 04:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It's not yet passed. Probably. They sent out an email saying that it would be ending soon, once funds ran out, but TECEPs are still free for the moment (as far as we know). It's worth applying and sending in your completed work to at least see if the TECEPs are still available.

That said, if you want to go with Metropolia, that's also fine. I'd probably do the Cloud Technologies one and maybe give their Discrete Math a whirl for an extra 15€. Plus throw in as many of their free classes as you're willing to take. It's good to be a few credits over rather than a few credits under.

How to apply, it seems you need a student account, how to register?
(09-11-2023, 07:17 PM)elcastor21 Wrote: How to apply, it seems you need a student account, how to register?

If you haven't applied yet to TESU, I think you'll be running a little too late to register...

(09-11-2023, 08:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 07:17 PM)elcastor21 Wrote: How to apply, it seems you need a student account, how to register?

If you haven't applied yet to TESU, I think you'll be running a little too late to register...
Already applied on Sept. 5
Business Communication is a requirement for the BSBA/CIS, so you need that course as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-12-2023, 11:17 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Business Communication is a requirement for the BSBA/CIS, so you need that course as well.

The one from Sophia can work too, right? I have it included in my plan, it's supposed to fulfill the "Managerial Communications" Part following the wiki plan.
Yes, It has been reported as coming into the field and updated on the WIKI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

(09-15-2023, 12:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, It has been reported as coming into the field and updated on the WIKI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Aww makes sense, thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 2 56 2 hours ago
Last Post: starsfan33
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 3 280 5 hours ago
Last Post: spohara
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 6 201 6 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 251 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 247 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 202 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 543 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 288 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 302 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 148 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77