Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database for transcripts
Is there a database schools use to check for transcripts when you apply to graduate schools? If so does anyone know its name?
I'm not quite sure I understand the question. 99.9% of the time, you have to request transcripts from the undergraduate schools to be sent to the graduate school.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
NumberSix Wrote:Is there a database schools use to check for transcripts when you apply to graduate schools? If so does anyone know its name?

Some professional programs, like med schools and law schools, have central application databases. So, you send your info once and then you use THAT account to apply to each school. For med school it's AMCAS. Beyond that type of situation, everyone else will want original official transcripts from your undergrad degree, and often from additional separate credit sources within that degree. For instance, if you attended a community college and earned an AA, then earned a BA from your state school, it's reasonable for grad schools to request BOTH transcripts.
Starbucks U uses Seattle City University and they use an external transcript service company to send transcripts off to other colleges.
I can't remember the name of it right now but I'll let you know when I log back into the site.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Just in case anybody reading this thread wonders if there is a central academic database listing all of the schools you ever attended, there isn't. The rules are that you are obligated to tell a college or university about all of the other schools you attended. If you went to school A and transferred to school B and later applied to school C but only admitted to attending school B, school C would know about school A because it would be mentioned on school B's transcript. If you went to school D and later attended school E without mentioning school D at all and later applied to school F and never mentioned school D, school F would never know you went to school D.

I realize this may not have anything to do with what the original poster wanted to know, but people do wonder from time to time. I know of cases where people have "forgotten" to list a school they flunked out of. That horrifies many people because if the new school found out, they could throw the student out for lying on an application. The people who do such things conclude that the risk of maybe not being allowed to complete the degree is insignificant when compared to the certainty of not being admitted to the new school.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
clep3705 Wrote:Just in case anybody reading this thread wonders if there is a central database listing all of the schools you ever attended, there isn't. The rules are that you are obligated to tell a college or university about all of the other schools you attended. If you went to school A and transferred to school B and later applied to school C but only admitted to attending school B, school C would know about school A because it would be mentioned on school B's transcript. If you went to school D and later attended school E without mentioning school D at all and later applied to school F and never mentioned school D, school F would never know you went to school D.

I realize this may not have anything to do with what the original poster wanted to know, but people do wonder from time to time. I know of cases where people have "forgotten" to list a school they flunked out of. That horrifies many people because if the new school found out, they could throw the student out for lying on an application. The people who do such things conclude that the risk of maybe not being allowed to complete the degree is insignificant when compared to the certainty of not being admitted to the new school.

Since you brought this up, you "can" find centralized data on students who received financial aid.
Yes, quite true. I amended my post to say "central academic database", which was my intent. Those I know who have flunked out and secretly started over have no financial aid records.

The person who starts over at another school may not be able to get financial aid the second time around. If they don't apply for financial aid at the second school, it doesn't seem likely that the centralized financial aid database would be checked.

And then there are those who flunked out, did not hide it, but managed to get accepted because they attended so many schools that the transcript with the academic suspension was overlooked, hidden in plain sight.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Some schools use third party providers where students request transcripts. This just entails the student ordering a transcript from the third party, and the third party requests the transcript from the school. These aren't databases, and there are a lot of third party providers. Some schools within a state are connected to a network where they can quickly send transcripts electronically. Again, you still have to request the transcript. Very few schools will request transcripts for you. There is no such thing as a central database of transcripts where the school you are applying to can go look at your transcripts.

Like Cookderosa was talking about, I have seen common applications for certain areas of study. I almost used one to apply for a public health program, but decided to apply directly to the school since it was easier, and I only planned to apply to one public health school.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Here, have at it. Look yourself up-

here
National Student Clearinghouse

and here
National Student Loan Data System for Students
cookderosa Wrote:Here, have at it. Look yourself up-

here
National Student Clearinghouse

and here
National Student Loan Data System for Students

I believe the National Student Clearinghouse is used to verify degrees, certifications, and enrollment at participating colleges/organizations. I have to use it to request transcripts from Angelo State University. When you're applying to graduate school, it's still the same process. The graduate school can't go there to see your transcripts. It's just a third party company where you order transcripts.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 652 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Most expensive transcripts? clep3705 8 904 09-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Any database or easy way to tell which online programs are run by OPMs? studyingfortests 3 774 06-15-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Getting Transcripts From College Wanting Money (maybe) xXAnonymousXx 12 2,420 12-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  PSA: Send transcripts early and check their receipt status promptly Ideas 2 1,154 08-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  How many transcripts do you have? eyrobinson 57 10,811 05-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  ACE is switching how they transfer your transcripts BrighterFuture88 7 2,985 12-23-2019, 11:24 AM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Transcripts and grades study.com kier7141 3 1,290 05-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Confused about ACE transcripts bethanyneedsajob 5 1,683 03-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Free Clep and DSSt tests & transcripts FishNDip 5 2,864 10-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore