Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST The Civil War and Reconstruction - Help
Waldorfteacher Wrote:In addiction to the IC flashcards .

LOL, guess we are all currently addicted to IC.
I'm currently studying for this test as well, taking it Nov 7th. The IC cards are a must. I have passed all of my test using them as my core study platform.

This is the best link I have found on the Civil War exam : http://www.degreeforum.net/specific-exam...-dsst.html

Note, you must be an IC subscriber to access this link.

Good luck
BSLS at EC 6/2012

Clep College Math / Pass
EU Exam Labor Relations / A
EU Exam Organizational Behavior / A
EU Exam Ethics Theory & Practice / B
Rise and Fall Soviet Union / 60
Civil War Reconstruction / 68
Criminal Justice / 458
Intro World Religions / 481
FEMA 32 credit hours
SPHR Cert 6 graduate-level credit hours
Has anyone used Sparknotes for this test? Is it helpful? I got 82% on the Sparknotes Civil War PT and 74% on the Sparknotes Reconstruction PT. Are those OK scores? Working on IC too...
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Westerner Wrote:Has anyone used Sparknotes for this test? Is it helpful? I got 82% on the Sparknotes Civil War PT and 74% on the Sparknotes Reconstruction PT. Are those OK scores? Working on IC and planning on taking the FCP PT today too...
I used the three sparksnotes books (pre war, war, and reconstruction) almost exclusively to prep for this exam. If you know all that you should be good.

Understand they go over a lot of the politics of the war, definitely not just battles and generals (though that's in there too).
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:I used the three sparksnotes books (pre war, war, and reconstruction) almost exclusively to prep for this exam. If you know all that you should be good.

Understand they go over a lot of the politics of the war, definitely not just battles and generals (though that's in there too).
Oh, wow, that's great! Thanks, I'll do that Wink I also got 83% on the DSST fact sheet Qs Big Grin
BA History 2014 - TESC

"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
I took the test in August 2011, with a score of 71/80. Honestly, all you really need is the IC flashcards. Know them by heart, and you will do OK.

For me, this was an easy subject, since I am majoring in history and I specialized in the Civil War. Still, it asked some very specific questions such as "What was the major killer of the war?" Answer: disease. It'll also ask you about specific battles, and certain Reconstruction policies and the Andrew Johnson administration.

I haven't yet had this test transferred to TESC, but my advisor informed me he will put it in the History Electives area, but it still only counts as a 200 level course.

If I were you, I'd study the issue until you are comfortable conversing in the subject. Then, take the test.
Great score! Thanks for the tips Big Grin I test tomorrow morning-—will let you all know how it goes Smile
BA History 2014 - TESC

"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
I studied on the DSST online study guide, but found on the exam that a lot of exam questions were not covered in the study guide on Instantcert. I'd recommend watching, also, Ken Burns' Civil War series.
cpoorker Wrote:I studied on the DSST online study guide, but found on the exam that a lot of exam questions were not covered in the study guide on Instantcert. I'd recommend watching, also, Ken Burns' Civil War series.

The Burns didn't blow my skirt up. I took a pass after the first one...I found it slow and tedious. But to each his own, glad it worked for you.
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Westerner Wrote:Great score! Thanks for the tips Big Grin I test tomorrow morning-—will let you all know how it goes Smile

You got this...your pretest scores are great...you've read through the SN's...your gonna be fine.
AS in EMS August 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 175 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,061 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,360 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,400 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Liberty University Online BS in Physics and BS Civil Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,749 04-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,958 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 3,238 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  DSST World Religion Exam HELP hjborn@yahoo.com 4 1,501 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hjborn@yahoo.com
  Score of 300 dsst natshar 5 1,840 03-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77