Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Civil War
I am taking this test tomorrow. I have been through the specific feedback over and over "thank you google" and I have been studying non stop. I am still having trouble remembering all the battles, dates and generals. Do I need to know exact dates or just years for all of the battles? Any other last minute advice? After failing 2 EC exams, I just want to get this finished and be done. Then onto my "I am finished post"...............

Thanks,

Doug
dc67 Wrote:I am taking this test tomorrow. I have been through the specific feedback over and over "thank you google" and I have been studying non stop. I am still having trouble remembering all the battles, dates and generals. Do I need to know exact dates or just years for all of the battles? Any other last minute advice? After failing 2 EC exams, I just want to get this finished and be done. Then onto my "I am finished post"...............

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

From what I can recall you do not need to know specific dates, just know in general which battles were fought when and who the generals were -as this will help eliminate some wrong choices in the questions or narrow down the choices.

In all honesty if you have put in a fair amount of time with the IC flash cards and have googled the info in the feedback section I am postive you will do fine.

I scored a 59 (an A at Excelsior) on this exam and to give you an idea of how clueless I was about the Civil War prior to starting to study for this exam- I had no idea the south elected a President or had its own government. So if I can score an A starting from square one, anyone can.

One suggestion, If you have not already watched the Ken Burns video's- then watch some of them on you-tube today instead of doing last minute intensive studying/cramming. I found these video did help me in absorbing some facts and the music in them seemed to have a calming effect. I guess what I am trying to say is relax, I am sure you will do fine.

Peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)
dc67 Wrote:I am taking this test tomorrow. I have been through the specific feedback over and over "thank you google" and I have been studying non stop. I am still having trouble remembering all the battles, dates and generals. Do I need to know exact dates or just years for all of the battles? Any other last minute advice? After failing 2 EC exams, I just want to get this finished and be done. Then onto my "I am finished post"...............

Thanks,

Doug

PM me with a real e-mail and I'll send you my study notes.
studyhard Wrote:PM me with a real e-mail and I'll send you my study notes.

the test really isn't hard.. just use IC
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Doug, I have been studying hard too. Let me know how it was after the test. There were several questions that I was not sure about on the forum. For instance, what party was split. I think it was the Whig, but the Democratic party also split. I also did not find what Lee's men suggested he do at the Appomadix courthouse. I researched forever on that and did not ever find that one. Did you find that answer?
Good Luck and I will be in your same shoes on Thursday night! I gues this is tougher, because this is the last one that stands in my way of graduating on May 4!
Mary
Can I have your study guides as well? I pm you, but it was the first time I did it so I hope it worked.
Thanks!
Mary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 175 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,061 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,360 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,400 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Liberty University Online BS in Physics and BS Civil Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,749 04-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,958 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 3,238 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  DSST World Religion Exam HELP hjborn@yahoo.com 4 1,501 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hjborn@yahoo.com
  Score of 300 dsst natshar 5 1,841 03-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77