Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credly and Non ACE Certs > TESU credit?
Have any fellow TESU's successfully converted or transferred Coursera certification/s for TESU credit?

Coursera > What is college credit > Turn a certificate into college credit: "...you may be eligible to receive up to 12 college credits from participating colleges and universities in the US, though it depends on your school’s policy."

Three questions:
1) what's the process?
2) which cert did you complete?
3) how many TESU credits did you earn?

:-)
(10-08-2024, 10:53 AM)mbcummings Wrote: Have any fellow TESU's successfully converted or transferred Coursera certification/s for TESU credit?

Coursera > What is college credit > Turn a certificate into college credit: "...you may be eligible to receive up to 12 college credits from participating colleges and universities in the US, though it depends on your school’s policy."

Three questions:
1) what's the process?
2) which cert did you complete?
3) how many TESU credits did you earn?

:-)

Sign up for credly, link your Coursera to your credly.  Within a few days of finishing a certificate it will show up on credly.  On credly, you can send your transcript.

I did the IBM Data Science Professional (and the certs that lead up to it), got somewhere around 21 non-duplicated credits total from all those certs(the "Topics" credits can be repeated, so I got a lot of those). 4 Hours from the SAS basic programmer cert.

Look on the Wiki for more up to date info.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
[-] The following 1 user Likes spohara's post:
  • mbcummings
All ACE credit should go on your Credly, so that means, Coursera, Sophia.org, Study.com, etc, it's the place to house all your alternative credit from ACE recommendations for credit providers. NCCRS has their credits housed from their respective provider, so, if the provider goes down, most likely those credits will be gone...

For two and three, you really need to review the Coursera WIKI here, it's already created for members to review and add to it when the time comes (when new certs get added). Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

Last but not least, review your previous thread. Fill in the addendum and template so readers can get a bigger picture of what you're trying to do. It's great asking questions, but you're not providing much info for others to provide you concrete advice.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • jch, mbcummings
(10-08-2024, 11:50 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: All ACE credit should go on your Credly...

Thank you BJ, and yes, I will complete addendum per template, soon. TBH I'm embarrassed by the dearth of evidence of credit and academic achievement, generally. But at long last it appears to be coming together with help of all the generosity here!
PS. ADHD is not considered a learning disability per se but it certainly has not helped me! And a legacy of associated shame is also a factor here. Thanks for understanding.
Hi DF/TESU friends!,

I have two professional certifications, one of which is in credly. Neither of which is in ACE's db Any ideas or experience on how these may somehow be translated in to credits, other than by PLA (re-do w/TESU)?
For Non ACE recommended for credit, you can't get credit for it except with the PLA process, there is no other option to convert them.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • mbcummings
(10-08-2024, 11:50 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Last but not least, review your previous thread.  Fill in the addendum and template so readers can get a bigger picture of what you're trying to do.  It's great asking questions, but you're not providing much info for others to provide you concrete advice.

BJ I filled out an addenda template but I can't add as signature yet because the option is not available in my profile. I think this instance of mybb is set to require a certain number of posts before a user's "signature" can be added. But nothing explicit about this is indicated anywhere on this site. Include "Help" docs. So I'm just guessing. Sound right?
PLAs are a great deal of work and costly option for credits that will likely not be applied to your AOS. There is almost always a quicker and lower cost options for the credits.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • mbcummings, ss20ts
(10-11-2024, 03:08 PM)allvia Wrote: PLAs are a great deal of work and costly option for credits that will likely not be applied to your AOS. There is almost always a quicker and lower cost options for the credits.

Seconding this point. At the beginning of my college journey, I thought I'd make extensive use of PLA. In the end, I didn't receive any PLA undergraduate credits at all. PLA only really makes sense in a very narrow set of circumstances where 1) your only way to get a necessary credit is taking a difficult class - there's no ACE/NCCRS or exam option, and no good transfer options plus 2) you already have or can easily obtain substantial evidence of learning that tightly corresponds to course learning objectives.
In my experience, I found that 1) I was almost always able to find a reasonably easy way to get all of the credits I needed without resorting to PLA and 2) in the few cases where I seriously considered PLA, I didn't have a solid path to documenting my learning without seriously going out of my way.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
For other institutions, in the case of Univ of Cumberlands, it's the same amount of work and there is no extra cost associated with it...For TESU, yes, it's a bit of work and an extra cost, roughly $1400 for 18 credits max last I calculated...

Having said that, these are the only ways of getting credit for classes that will cost you even more energy, money, time to complete, I'm referring to the ones for degrees that are not as transfer credit friendly and have ACE/NCCRS equivalents.

Update: Here's the post/thread I created almost 4 years ago in regards to PLA/PLAR: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...3-Compared

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU New Website LevelUP 12 700 10-13-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 14 1,417 10-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: trying2grad
  TESU and DEAC wow 12 560 10-09-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 12 1,261 10-06-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 4 544 10-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jch
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 237 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Coursera Certs bughead 3 332 09-29-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: CreativeLearner
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 235 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 267 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 658 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM