Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
barbeque22:

Yes, you can do the lower level math and it will still count toward gen. ed. As low as beginning Alg.

artcoffeewords and NAP:

It does not matter what order you do the courses to get credit. You must simply pass the course with 70 or higher. Transcribe it thru ACE and forward to your college. The order does not matter. Yes beginning Algebra will fulfill the math req. or can cascade to gen. ed or applied electives, which ever isn't already filled.

About the plans, I highly recommend you try the monthly first. I mean $20, and I can tell you from personal experience, that once you can pass the Beginning Algebra course, passing Intermediate Alg is not difficult at all. I scored 2 points higher in the Intermediate course than I did in Beg. Alg just 24hours later!! Formulas are the same, just longer equations or a little more complex word problems.

Also want to thank NAP for grabing that quote from the catalog, I was going to take another math just for the credits, but now I will be doing it with 100% confidence that they will be added. Add the 2 Online Fire courses (Q118,Q318) and anyone has the ability to add 11 Credits to their ACE transcript in under a month! I love this forum!Big Grin

correction: 11credits!
Tiberius

Thanks for the response that makes me feel much better. I am definitely going to pay the $20 and get the monthly membership.

Thanks again!
I had set the month of August as the MATH MONTH, but with all the cheering form the Forum Cheerleaders, I think I will sign up with ALEKS today...........didn't see any mention of books needed anywhere.......did I miss that info
no u dont really need any books. aleks will show u step by step how to complete a problem. u may need extra info if you have difficulty learning a concept. good luck!
BBq22 is right. Take your time on the initial assesment to ensure you score 70 or above just one time. If u need help either do a search for the formula you need thru google, or get Algebrator. I read a few pages back that some people completed their courses that way. Then submit to ACE for credit, once it is approved, THEN switch to your next course and repeat.

If these courses are all review, you could attain all the credits you need in a matter of hours.
I signed up right after my post......and started off with Basic Math .......because my brain needs to be activated.......I will check out the sites you suggested, and post my progress.......
While the books are not necessary, I did order some at my son's request. He likes to have several different sources on hand. I searched for some of the one's listed on Amazon and ordered them used. If you do not get he most recent edition (ALEKS lists support for several additions) the books are quite cheap. The most I paid including shipping, was around $6.

I am going to email ALEKS to find out if it is possible to get the book linking turned on for a homeschool/independent account like they offer for school accounts.
---
Terry Total Credits = 100/121

*Goal: BA Liberal Arts Excelsior
*60 Credits from previous college
APUS (12)
NFA (2)
ALEKS (3)
CLEP (15)
AP (8)
Can you update ......I have 4th and 5th graders that I am going to sign up when I get done.
I believe this to be the most up to date distribution of credit for TESC students using ALEKS math. Please feel free to add to this- we still need college algebra and trig. All are 3 credits. Note the conflicting credit eval for 003 and 004 - one of these might come out with a new number after a student has them evaluated.

001 Beginning Algebra- MAT102
002 Intermediate Algebra- MAT115
003 College Algebra- MAT121
004 College Algebra with Trig- MAT121
005 PreCal- MAT129
006 Trig- (not yet evaluated)
007 Intro Stats- STA201
008 Business Stats- OPM351
009 Stats for Beh. Science- STA199
Whoop Whoop Whoop, my son is done with 001 Beg. Algebra! Ohhhh my, you have no idea how this has been for him- quite hard. 149 hours logged :eek: BUT, it's done, and ACE is on the ball, it took about 8 hours for them to get it on his ACE transcript. Lovin ALEKS, and he is ready to start 002 Intermediate on Monday!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,762 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,161 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,118 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,041 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,281 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,265 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,061 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 3,121 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,346 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 28,096 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk