Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
Can anyone confirm for me whether or TESC or EC accepts beginning algebra for credit, whether as elective or otherwise?
Has anyone had their Statistics for Behavioral Sciences and/or Business Statistics course transcribed at Excelsior? If so were they applied as upper level?
JBjunior Wrote:What do you mean "1 course per $20?" I read what she wrote but didn't understand what you said, as it is $20 a month no matter how many courses you take, you must have been replying to something specific that he/she asked.

Ah, I get what you meant now. You can pay an additional $20 to per course to do additional courses at the same time.
>>

Yes, if you pay $20 for 1 month, you get 1 course at a time. So, you can complete it and THEN go to another course, but you can only work on 1 course. Now, if you pay $40 for 1 month, you can have 2 simultaneous classes going. I don't think there is any reason to pay more than $20- just do the one class then start the next. Same thing if there are 2 people in the family using the program, you EACH need to pay $20 to have 2 accounts.
cookderosa Wrote:>>

Awesome awesome and awesome!
So, IF this works, and TESC gives you all 9 credits....that will be BIG news! Folks- that's 9 credits for $20!!!
IF that happens, would you suggest that the order to take the courses is:
1. Business Stats
2. Intro Stats
3. Stats for Beh. Sci

Sounds like if one follows that order, that everything after business stats will be a piece of cake!

Okay - it's taken a long time, but the verdict is now in! TESC did grant me credit for all 3, and, even better, allowed all 3 to apply to my BA/Psych program! Two items to note, though - 1) I had to ask specifically for them to evaluate the ACE transcript after it had come in and 2) one of the advisors told me previously that only 1 would count, so I really wasn't expecting anything more than to have the additonal 2 included in the 'Other Courses' section of my transcript. But, according to my latest eval - which I promptly printed out for safekeeping! Wink - all 3 are credited and included in my specific degree plan!

For the record, here's the course numbers TESC applied to them, and where they put them on my eval (and remember, with regard to where they apply, this is an eval for a BA/Psych, not a BSBA - in the BSBA, OPM-351 is an UL Bus. Course within the major) :

1. Business Stats OPM-351 Business Statistics; Free Electives
2. Intro Stats STA-201 Principles of Statistics; GenEd Electives
3. Stats for Beh. Sci STA-199 Spec. Stud. in Selected Topics; GenEd Math

Gee, if I'd know they were going to allow one of them to count as a GenEd elective, I wouldn't have had to take the 'Rocks for Jocks' (DSST Physical Geology) test! <Please don't flame me for the 'jocks' comment - that's what my daughter and her friends called Intro Geology at UMW & I just can't think of the subject without remembering them joking about the course...>
[SIZE="1"]
TESC, BA Psychology (Done, Graduation June 2009)
TESC, BSBA/Gen Mgmt. (In Progress)

CLEP: Freshman Col Comp 77| Info Systems & Apps 74| Intro to Psych 79| A. & I. Literature 79| Principles of Marketing 76| Human Growth & Dev. 74| Intro to Ed. Psych 74| Biology 74| Sociology 77| Natural Sciences 69| English Comp w/ Essay 59| Macroeconomics 70| Microeconomics 69
DSST: Mgmt. Info Systems 466| Environment & Humanity 71| Organizational Behavior 73| Astronomy 72| Technical Writing 65| General Anthropology 73| Human/Cultural Geography 70| Physical Geology 58| Fundamentals of Counseling 74| Ethics in America 467
ALEKS: Business Statistics| Intro to Statistics| Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
TECEP: Behavior Mod. Techniques| Psych of Personality| Experimental Psych| Social Psych| Psych of Women | Abnormal Psych
12 Asstd. FEMAs

Current/Up Next:
DSSTs Substance Abuse, Prin. of Supervision & Human Res. Mgmt.
ALEKS PreCalculus
[/SIZE]
For the record, here's the course numbers TESC applied to them, and where they put them on my eval (and remember, with regard to where they apply, this is an eval for a BA/Psych, not a BSBA - in the BSBA, OPM-351 is an UL Bus. Course within the major) :

1. Business Stats OPM-351 Business Statistics; Free Electives
QUOTE]

Oh my!!! You KNOW how long I have been waiting for your post- thanks a million. So, 6 math credits, that is SWEET!!!!!! In this case, I think #2 and #3 would be a priority (since they have gen ed classification) with #1 only going on if there were days left on the subscription. It wouldn't be worth it to renew $20 when FEMA would be free.

You business majors do better with this line up.

I am a bit sad to see #3 come in as a 199, squeeking out of the social science concentration, but you can't have it all LOL.
Excellent job!!!
Quote:1. Business Stats OPM-351 Business Statistics; Free Electives

Aw, I was hoping they would all be upper level arts/science courses at TESC. But for $20, I still can't complain. Wink
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Just finished the Pre Calculus course, 3 courses done so far, no issues at EC. 76 percent completion is much more manageable then 100 I had done in the past.
zefrench Wrote:Just finished the Pre Calculus course, 3 courses done so far, no issues at EC. 76 percent completion is much more manageable then 100 I had done in the past.
>>

Way to go!!
Just signed up for ALEKS. I read the thread and decide to give it a try. Its tough. Trying the Business Statistics. My brain hurts.
bababooey Wrote:Just signed up for ALEKS. I read the thread and decide to give it a try. Its tough. Trying the Business Statistics. My brain hurts.
I feel your pain! Don't give up! It's worth it when the little bar hits "70". Big Grin
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,762 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,161 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,118 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,041 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,281 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,265 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,062 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 3,121 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,346 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 28,096 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk