Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
I think 3 pages back, Caridan was able to use the Intro to Stats at TESC.

MadMax396 Wrote:Just completed college algebra w/trig approx 200/265 modules with trig and its approved. Make sure your blue bar is at 70% or better. And now; Pre Calculus. I am thoroughly excited. Things that might help others for these courses are 3 programs I found useful.

1 ALEKS graphing calculator-
Take the extra minute to learn how to use it. It is worth the price of admission.

2 Algebrator-
Excellent Program. Especially when you have already done the computation, but you are on the second or third problem and want to speed up the process.
3Bagatrix College Algebra Solved- Worst of the programs but learn its intracacies sometimes when it wants to close you have to let it continue instead of closing it. It has some nice features.

Also has anyone transferred Intro to Statistics to Thomas Edison? I think it will easily fit Sta-201 but want to know before 6 weeks whether or not I need to take Business Stats to to fulfil the Statistics Requirement of 3 credits?

Hey, Also around valentines day I am going to take the Chemistry CLEP. It will be the St. Valentines day Massacre but I want to be on the giving end for six credits rather than the fail side. Is anyone Using ALEKS Chemistry and taking petersons or other practice tests? If not, I will let you know how it goes if I have enough time. If so, please post.
:hurray:

[SIZE=2]it is a journey[/SIZE]
peace123 Wrote:ZeFrench,

I had the same problem. Email Aleks and ask them to set up a Master account so that you can request an assessment.

When you log into the master account you will see request an assessment as an option. I did not have the option to request an assessment from my original account, only from the master account. When you have only one account it seems you have to wait for Aleks to decide to give you an assessment. This is the advantage to requesting a master account.

Peace123

So when you request an assessment you have to take another quiz/test from Alek or you just have to work up until you have 70% efficiency?

Can someone tell me how that works?

Does it just update the pie to 70% efficiency or a complete assessment like the one you took when you first logged in?
brain122 Wrote:So when you request an assessment you have to take another quiz/test from Alek or you just have to work up until you have 70% efficiency?

Can someone tell me how that works?

Does it just update the pie to 70% efficiency or a complete assessment like the one you took when you first logged in?

Brain122,

After you take the first assessment, if you do not score 70 % ( or higher) you need to complete more of the problems, so you keep working at it until you get to an assessment that is 70 % or higher. Aleks will force you to be reassessed every so often ( it seems to do it every 13-15%). If you have a master account you can request an assessment at any time.

The reassessment(s) covers some items you have already mastered, items learned between assessments and even some items you have not learned yet.

The 70 % you need to obtain is based on assessment.

Peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)
I just started w/ALEKS Intermediate Algebra yesterday. Scored a 67% on my first assesment. Only need 3% for the credits. Question: Will my percentage keep updating as I pass modules, or do I have to take a 30 question assestment over again of the same material ? Thanks
lmech Wrote:I just started w/ALEKS Intermediate Algebra yesterday. Scored a 67% on my first assesment. Only need 3% for the credits. Question: Will my percentage keep updating as I pass modules, or do I have to take a 30 question assestment over again of the same material ? Thanks

You have to take a new assessment for the percentage to go up. Sorry.
B.S. Liberal Studies Excelsior College
graduated Cum Laude
321 total SH of college credit
currently finishing B.S. in Mathematics at UTRGV en route to Masters in Mathematics
current goal: Pass 4 of the actuarial science exams and become an actuary
Retired Intelligence Officer (21 years, 6 combat tours to Iraq and Afghanistan)
Professor_Adam Wrote:You have to take a new assessment for the percentage to go up. Sorry.

Thanks, that's OK. I have only put 2.9 hrs in so far. I'm happyBig Grin
That worked out great, thanks.

peace123 Wrote:ZeFrench,

I had the same problem. Email Aleks and ask them to set up a Master account so that you can request an assessment.

When you log into the master account you will see request an assessment as an option. I did not have the option to request an assessment from my original account, only from the master account. When you have only one account it seems you have to wait for Aleks to decide to give you an assessment. This is the advantage to requesting a master account.

Peace123
Wink

Hello forum, thanks for that info Bella I guess i missed the person who had Statistics earlier.

Just info for anyone who needs college algebra and another course of math like me. PreCalc and College Algebra are alot like cookderosa says Stats Business Stats are. Very similar in focus. So if you need 2 Math above college algebra courses and you have taken the precalc. You may be able to turnaround that knowledge to test out College Algebra. w trig or vice versa. Just a note if anyone needs 2 courses of College Algebra and above. I spent alot of time learning the college algebra so i am flying through PreCalc at light speed. Ok light speed for me slowpoke for a math magician
Cool

[SIZE="2"]TESC-AS: Electronic Systems
TESC-BA: History
Phoenix College-MBA: Masters of Business Administration
Keller Graduate School-MISM: Masters of Information Systems Management
[/SIZE]

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you're not willing to see what it is; you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."

[SIZE="1"]Cleps/DSST Failed:
Intro to Psychology 45/46, Chemistry 47/50
Cleps/DSST Passed:
Analyzing/Interp Lit 48/47, Intro to Computing 64/47
Business Law 53/50, English Comp w Essay 54/50
College Mathematics 54/50, MIS 445/400
Biology 56/50, Technical Writing 59/46
Sociology 67/50, World Religions 445/400
Intro Middle East 51/47 Environment/Humanity 51/46
Human/GrowDevelop 65/50 Educational Psych 55/50
Ethics 460/400 Vietnam War 64/44
Civil War/Recon 56/47 Western Europe 59/45
US History 1 59/50 US History 2 61/50
Western Civ 2 56/50

ALEKS
Intro to Stats
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra w Trig
PreCalculus[/SIZE]
MadMax396 Wrote:Wink

Hello forum, thanks for that info Bella I guess i missed the person who had Statistics earlier.

Just info for anyone who needs college algebra and another course of math like me. PreCalc and College Algebra are alot like cookderosa says Stats Business Stats are. Very similar in focus. So if you need 2 Math above college algebra courses and you have taken the precalc. You may be able to turnaround that knowledge to test out College Algebra. w trig or vice versa. Just a note if anyone needs 2 courses of College Algebra and above. I spent alot of time learning the college algebra so i am flying through PreCalc at light speed. Ok light speed for me slowpoke for a math magician
>>

Hey, that's awesome to know!! Thanks! (my son will be thrilled LOL not!)
where is the regular college algebra course?

I just registered, and I am only seeing the college algebra with trig option?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,762 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,161 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,118 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,041 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,281 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,265 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,061 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 3,121 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,346 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 28,096 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk