Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
caridan Wrote:Hello again,

I'm wondering...since I finished my Intro to Stats class in one week and still have three weeks left under the monthly membership, does anyone know if I can take one of the other Stats classes and complete that as a either a business elective or a General Management Required course (I notice under the GMS required section that I must take courses in three of four areas and all I have left is either Accounting or Finance - I wonder if this Business Stats class might pass for a Finance course???) I don't know if anyone has tried this at TESC, but I wonder if the Business Stats course on ALEKS would suffice in one or both of these other areas if I've already taken the Intro to Stats course? If anyone knows this, I'd be love your feedback. For reference sake, I'm a BSBA / Management track at TESC who only needs a few more credits likely in the form of DSSTs / CLEPs / TECEPs / ALEKS.

Dan

For the benefit of others out there like me that were interrested in knowing if one could take a 2nd "ALEKS" stats class to fulfill either a Business Elective or General Management Elective, I received the following response from TESC today:

"Unfortunately, the business stat course will "not" fit into a business elective or general management elective for you. Best regards. Dr. Keel"

I assume that this doesn't affect one's ability to use a 2nd stats class for another part of their degree requirements (like Free Electives) or possibly elsewhere, but for me it would just be a waste of time to try and complete another course in ALEKS now since I am trying to complete other DSSTs for my remaining few classes - oh well, it was worth a shot, right?!!!
caridan Wrote:For the benefit of others out there like me that were interrested in knowing if one could take a 2nd "ALEKS" stats class to fulfill either a Business Elective or General Management Elective, I received the following response from TESC today:

"Unfortunately, the business stat course will "not" fit into a business elective or general management elective for you. Best regards. Dr. Keel"

I assume that this doesn't affect one's ability to use a 2nd stats class for another part of their degree requirements (like Free Electives) or possibly elsewhere, but for me it would just be a waste of time to try and complete another course in ALEKS now since I am trying to complete other DSSTs for my remaining few classes - oh well, it was worth a shot, right?!!!
>>

Ok, this is interesting news. If not a business elective in a business degree, then it must be math or free elective. Now I'm really curious if that is a math credit for a BA- that would be VERY interesting. If that's the case, I'm seeing 9 math credits for $20 without taking math!
Whew....thanks guys for all the information in this thread. It has been invaluable. I just finished Intermediate Algebra. It was quite the marathon. 73 hours and 43 minutes. :eek: I am *so* glad to be done. Statistics is up next.
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
annegirl Wrote:Whew....thanks guys for all the information in this thread. It has been invaluable. I just finished Intermediate Algebra. It was quite the marathon. 73 hours and 43 minutes. :eek: I am *so* glad to be done. Statistics is up next.

Congrats! Smile
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Does anyone know what course numbers the three ALEKS stats courses are assigned at TESC? ACE recommends upper credit for two of them, but I want to be sure before he dives in. I would greatly appreciate it. Smile

I'm looking into the three ALEKS stats courses for my hubby's TESC BA in Natural Sciences & Math degree. He needs upper level credit (200+ level) to finish up his concentration area.
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
I am new to taking ALEKS, am I suppose to at least get 70% correct in each area or just overall?
norema Wrote:I am new to taking ALEKS, am I suppose to at least get 70% correct in each area or just overall?
It's an overall 70%. When you take your first assessment it will tell you what percentage you have complete. You just need that bar filled with blue to the 70% mark. Good luck!
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
Just completed college algebra w/trig approx 200/265 modules with trig and its approved. Make sure your blue bar is at 70% or better. And now; Pre Calculus. I am thoroughly excited. Things that might help others for these courses are 3 programs I found useful.

1 ALEKS graphing calculator-
Take the extra minute to learn how to use it. It is worth the price of admission.

2 Algebrator-
Excellent Program. Especially when you have already done the computation, but you are on the second or third problem and want to speed up the process.
3Bagatrix College Algebra Solved- Worst of the programs but learn its intracacies sometimes when it wants to close you have to let it continue instead of closing it. It has some nice features.

Also has anyone transferred Intro to Statistics to Thomas Edison? I think it will easily fit Sta-201 but want to know before 6 weeks whether or not I need to take Business Stats to to fulfil the Statistics Requirement of 3 credits?

Hey, Also around valentines day I am going to take the Chemistry CLEP. It will be the St. Valentines day Massacre but I want to be on the giving end for six credits rather than the fail side. Is anyone Using ALEKS Chemistry and taking petersons or other practice tests? If not, I will let you know how it goes if I have enough time. If so, please post.
Cool

[SIZE="2"]TESC-AS: Electronic Systems
TESC-BA: History
Phoenix College-MBA: Masters of Business Administration
Keller Graduate School-MISM: Masters of Information Systems Management
[/SIZE]

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you're not willing to see what it is; you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."

[SIZE="1"]Cleps/DSST Failed:
Intro to Psychology 45/46, Chemistry 47/50
Cleps/DSST Passed:
Analyzing/Interp Lit 48/47, Intro to Computing 64/47
Business Law 53/50, English Comp w Essay 54/50
College Mathematics 54/50, MIS 445/400
Biology 56/50, Technical Writing 59/46
Sociology 67/50, World Religions 445/400
Intro Middle East 51/47 Environment/Humanity 51/46
Human/GrowDevelop 65/50 Educational Psych 55/50
Ethics 460/400 Vietnam War 64/44
Civil War/Recon 56/47 Western Europe 59/45
US History 1 59/50 US History 2 61/50
Western Civ 2 56/50

ALEKS
Intro to Stats
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra w Trig
PreCalculus[/SIZE]
I cannot seem to find how to request an assessment. I also only have one account no master account.

Can someone post the exact items to click on, starting from the pie page ?
zefrench Wrote:I cannot seem to find how to request an assessment. I also only have one account no master account.

Can someone post the exact items to click on, starting from the pie page ?

ZeFrench,

I had the same problem. Email Aleks and ask them to set up a Master account so that you can request an assessment.

When you log into the master account you will see request an assessment as an option. I did not have the option to request an assessment from my original account, only from the master account. When you have only one account it seems you have to wait for Aleks to decide to give you an assessment. This is the advantage to requesting a master account.

Peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,762 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,161 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,118 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,041 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,281 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,265 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,061 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 3,121 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,346 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 28,096 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk