Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coursera Transfer Equivalencies
List of Coursera transfers. The registrar was very helpful and said he is happy to provide an updated list in the future. I have removed the ones for which there were already equivalencies in the Wiki.

IBM-0025 IBM Data Analytics with Excel and R Certificate
COS-206 R Programming:
DSI-150 Intro to Database Queries
DSI-200 Interpretive Data Analysis
DSI-299 Special Topics Data Sci/Analyt
DSI-322 Interactive Data Visualization

GOOG-0004 Google Data Analytics Certificate
ITS-130 Database Fundamentals              
ITS-199 Special Topics in Information
ITS-231 Database Programming
COS-206 R Programming

IBM-0024 IBM Applied Data Science Specialization
COS-205 Python Programming

They have not awarded credit for the AWIT courses. They have invited them to become a "TESU Credit Partner" on their list of approved providers and said they'd update my transcript if the AWIT people agreed to go through that process. Otherwise no credit.

I am still waiting on the IBM Full Stack, IBM Data Engineering, Deeplearning.AI to be evaluated.
[-] The following 5 users Like sarahmac's post:
  • akr680, Arto, carrythenothing, Pikachu, spohara
(08-29-2022, 09:11 AM)sarahmac Wrote: List of Coursera transfers. The registrar was very helpful and said he is happy to provide an updated list in the future. I have removed the ones for which there were already equivalencies in the Wiki.

IBM-0025 IBM Data Analytics with Excel and R Certificate
COS-206 R Programming:
DSI-150 Intro to Database Queries
DSI-322 Interactive Data Visualization

GOOG-0004 Google Data Analytics Certificate
COS-206 R Programming

IBM-0024 IBM Applied Data Science Specialization
COS-205 Python Programming

They have not awarded credit for the AWIT courses. They have invited them to become a "TESU Credit Partner" on their list of approved providers and said they'd update my transcript if the AWIT people agreed to go through that process. Otherwise no credit.

I am still waiting on the IBM Full Stack, IBM Data Engineering, Deeplearning.AI to be evaluated.
Looks like the way to go is the Data Analytics with Excel and R track.  Along the way you pick up the Analysis and Visualization Foundations, which also has UL according to the wiki.  The way I'm going after it - I'm currently auditing the analysis and Viz course to complete the basics, then I'll knock it out with the free trial.  Then I'll move on and audit the full course, then see if they let me free trial that one too (if not $40 for UL is a deal).  Looks like the foundations course is pretty basic? Unless cognos is super hard, but I imagine it isn't.  I'm already familiar with R basics, so I imagine the full one won't take too long compared to how many credits it gives.

On a side note, do you know if any of the DSI UL can slot into the BA Computer Science electives?
[-] The following 2 users Like spohara's post:
  • Pikachu, vintage_jacket
They might go into the "Additional AOS electives" (part H)? I don't think they'll go into the regular AOS electives (part G). If they do go into part H, they should count toward the UL credit requirement.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-29-2022, 10:41 AM)spohara Wrote: On a side note, do you know if any of the DSI UL can slot into the BA Computer Science electives?

If you have BA Computer science or BSBA CIS degree plans added to your academic profile, then I would email academic advising to ask if those courses would work with those degree plans. 

They should get back to you within 24hrs.

We have been looking for another UL computer science and maybe one of these certs will work.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • rachel83az
(08-29-2022, 09:11 AM)sarahmac Wrote: GOOG-0004 Google Data Analytics Certificate
COS-206 R Programming

It seems that I did get my COS-206 credit for this certificate.

(08-29-2022, 11:18 AM)LevelUP Wrote: We have been looking for another UL computer science and maybe one of these certs will work.

Yep, that's one of the things I was hoping for when offering to share the Coursera thing with everyone. Free/cheap UL credit that works with CS/CIS would be amazing.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(08-29-2022, 11:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:18 AM)LevelUP Wrote: We have been looking for another UL computer science and maybe one of these certs will work.

Yep, that's one of the things I was hoping for when offering to share the Coursera thing with everyone. Free/cheap UL credit that works with CS/CIS would be amazing.

Rachel regarding the full stack software developer I see a bunch UL I just want to see if I can use this for my BACS.
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(08-29-2022, 12:31 PM)gams007 Wrote:

Rachel regarding the full stack software developer I see a bunch UL I just want to see if I can use this for my BACS.

We don't know yet what TESU counts it as. If you can do it quickly, I would go for it. If you do, please report back what TESU accepts it as.  Smile
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(08-29-2022, 12:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 12:31 PM)gams007 Wrote:

We don't know yet what TESU counts it as. If you can do it quickly, I would go for it. If you do, please report back what TESU accepts it as.  Smile

I submitted it for review but I have yet to receive any credit for IBM fullstack, it has been a few weeks since hoping to get something. Submitted my transcript on 08/05
Someone just asked me, for those courses that have peer reviewed assignments or assessments, if no one peer reviews them, they can or can't get the credit for the courses? I don't remember, I went into one of the courses and there was a message that prompted me to "peer review more submissions so they could get credit - something along the lines of that" and their submissions were way back in Feb of this year. I don't recall, will you get the ACE credit without the peer reviews?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Certs bughead 2 98 Yesterday, 11:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Canadian interested in BA CS, little confused about RA and ACE providers and transfer ArboristFlames 7 452 07-21-2024, 10:56 AM
  BA in mathematics and possible credits transfer hsufeng 3 371 07-08-2024, 10:30 AM
  TESU Transfer Policy - Explained bjcheung77 44 9,223 06-20-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 865 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 398 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 618 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 3,695 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 1,325 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,676 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP