Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coursera Changed Their Trial Period Policy?
Question 
Hello everyone,

I recently completed a Google Certificate on Coursera within the 7-day trial period and received my certificate without any issues. However, when I tried to do the same recently, Coursera informed me that I needed to wait until the end of the 7 days, which would require me to pay the monthly fee. Did they change their policies?

I also heard about a $1/month offer for Coursera, but I can't seem to find the link for it. Has anyone else experienced this change in the trial period policy? Additionally, if anyone has information about the $1/month offer or where to find it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your help!
so you tried to do two trial periods ?
Basically, I mentioned the $1/month offer and the $199/year offer for Coursera just yesterday, they currently don't have an offer for either, but I advised readers to be on the look out just in case that comes along. I'm not sure if the 'trial' works for more than one at a time, do you have two trial periods going? Can you give more details on what is happening and the dates you registered and completed the previous one? It's a bit confusing and unclear...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-01-2024, 08:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, I mentioned the $1/month offer and the $199/year offer for Coursera just yesterday, they currently don't have an offer for either, but I advised readers to be on the look out just in case that comes along.  I'm not sure if the 'trial' works for more than one at a time, do you have two trial periods going?  Can you give more details on what is happening and the dates you registered and completed the previous one?  It's a bit confusing and unclear...

I did not have more than one trial going at the moment of course completion, and was prompted to wait for the end of my trial period to receive my certificate. Canceling the subscription would result in the deletion of my course progress, even though I completed the Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate within the 7 days of trial.

The previous one was more than a year ago.
you still did two trial periods
the fact that they were a year apart means nothing
if coursera is making you pay because of this reason then good for them

how would it be if gyms in your city offered one week free trial and you just kept circulating from gym to gym week to week never paying
that would be ridiculous
(05-02-2024, 09:53 AM)bluebooger Wrote: you still did two trial periods            
the fact that they were a year apart means nothing                
if coursera is making you pay because of this reason then good for them              

how would it be if gyms in your city offered one week free trial and you just kept circulating from gym to gym week to week never paying              
that would be ridiculous

The trial is not for a Coursera membership, but for the courses themselves. And as far as I remember, I've completed more than just one certificate within the 7 days. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.
Basically... For myself, I've never used their trial, I've always had a membership of some sort to get through the specific certificates I want to get... I believe if you're on the trial version, it's the same as a membership for 7 days only, you get full access including the certificates, I've read people can cancel on the 7th day and still get their certificate if they finish on or before the 7th day.

Again, I haven't tried this, and I wouldn't really recommend using the loophole as they can close it any time they want... Getting the $1/month membership for any and all professional certs, or the $199/year options is my recommendation if and when it is available. The same goes for Edx, they have specials, I always go for the scholarship option to get a deep discount on the courses I want.

BTW, anyone use this before? Seems interesting, I haven't used it before as I am not eligible... Anyways, I was on a couple of websites and they had this particular link (with the same referral link ending code which I removed) https://www.coursera.org/referral/invite

(05-03-2024, 10:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: BTW, anyone use this before? Seems interesting, I haven't used it before as I am not eligible... Anyways, I was on a couple of websites and they had this particular link (with the same referral link ending code which I removed) https://www.coursera.org/referral/invite

I clicked on it and it told me that I am not eligible.  I was logged in to Coursera at the time,so I am curious if the end code was the same for everyone or if it’s connected to my login.  The url ended in bmqgbmk5
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
Weird, I'm logged into Coursera with my TADA account (which expired) and I am still seeing the option when I click the link, I get the big logo/picture and then the two fields to fill in my details to start the referral process. Here's the text above the two fields of info that asks for my details...

Give and Get Coursera Plus for $1

Get unlimited access to 7,000+ courses and job-ready certificate programs through Coursera Plus. You can invite more than one Friend, but you'll only receive one reward for the first friend that makes an eligible purchase using the referral link.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 5,156 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coursera $100 off yearly - Coursera Plus membership bjcheung77 23 4,719 02-14-2024, 04:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free trial Coursera from College Board (CLEP) ylmir 1 1,200 02-23-2023, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Free Coursera Course + Certificate TINASAM 0 1,104 01-20-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Coursera: Google Cloud Learning - FREE (until Nov 6) bjcheung77 4 1,428 10-09-2021, 10:12 AM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Free Coursera via New York State eriehiker 8 3,030 02-16-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Coursera Freebies - Pro Certs until 11/19/2020 bjcheung77 6 1,702 11-03-2020, 07:10 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Coursera - Free online courses through December 31 2020 bjcheung77 12 3,160 10-13-2020, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  FREE Coursera(must have verified student email) MNomadic 29 7,669 10-12-2020, 08:09 AM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Free Coursera.com Covid-19 Contact Tracer course with certificate DIGI-212 1 998 06-14-2020, 04:56 PM
Last Post: LevelUP