Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counseling from a recent high school graduate
Hello everyone I'm from abroad and I've just graduated from high school.

I want to get my bachelor's degree quickly, but my country only recognizes on campus degrees. The good news is that as long as the last semester is on campus, my country will recognize it.

So I would like to ask if it is possible to transfer my online undergraduate degree to another school with an on campus program in my final year?

If not, is it possible to use online undergraduate to apply for Top-up programs in UK/Singapore/Ireland?
Which country? What if the degree has no indication of where/how it was earned? There are a lot of American degrees that can be earned online but that give no indication of whether they were done online or in person.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Sincere seekers
(07-30-2023, 07:25 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Which country? What if the degree has no indication of where/how it was earned? There are a lot of American degrees that can be earned online but that give no indication of whether they were done online or in person.
From China

China's Ministry of Education will measure whether a degree is online or on campus based on your immigration records, student visa, and passport entry/exit stamps.

In other words, if I can somehow get a student visa for my target country, I can also study online in my target country, provided that the word online does not appear on my diploma or transcript.

Of course, there is a risk, and at some point the Chinese Ministry of Education will check the official website of the school, or even contact the school to verify that the degree is online.
Ah, China is tricky.

SNHU might be a good option. They're relatively inexpensive, plus you could transfer in classes from Sophia and Study.com. This would leave the final 30 credits (approximately 1 year) to be taken at SNHU itself. These can usually be taken online or in-person. The SNHU degree itself makes no distinction. Their FAQ page specifies that some degrees can only be completed in person: https://www.snhu.edu/about-us/faqs This page tells which ones can be completed online or on campus (or both): https://www.snhu.edu/program-finder

Even for the on-campus degrees, you can transfer credits to SNHU. It's just that the specific courses to finish the degree are only offered on the campus.

SNHU's page for international students is here: https://www.snhu.edu/student-experience/...t-services
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
@Sincere seekers, Welcome to the board... Just wondering, what institutions have you looked at already? Institutions that have a butt-in-seat option is great, you can try their online version as well, UMPI would be a good option, especially if you get a degree that is from a state/public institution. You should fill us in on a few things by completing the template and addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can't transfer a "degree" to another school. You'd have to transfer all of the individual credits. Another approach you could take would be to earn your bachelor's online, then attend a master's program here in the U.S. I don't know if that would work for your needs or not.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I would probably consider UMPI at a top option - especially considering it will be the least expensive option there is. I guess you'd have to move to Maine for a final semester? It would probably be fairly inexpensive to live there for a semester as well. I'd probably try to do Summer II/Fall I as the final terms, because winter is going to be brutal there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For a high school graduate who isn't yet 20, UMPI isn't a great option. Their brick & mortar classes aren't cheap and you can't complete YourPace classes if you're not 20.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045
(07-30-2023, 01:17 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For a high school graduate who isn't yet 20, UMPI isn't a great option. Their brick & mortar classes aren't cheap and you can't complete YourPace classes if you're not 20.

I figured it would take a couple of years before the OP was ready to move here and go to college.  And I was thinking that they could move here, go to school the final term, and maybe do a single UMPI on-campus course and the rest of the degree as a YourPace student - certainly not doing a full term there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-30-2023, 09:19 AM)Sincere seekers Wrote:
(07-30-2023, 07:25 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Which country? What if the degree has no indication of where/how it was earned? There are a lot of American degrees that can be earned online but that give no indication of whether they were done online or in person.
From China

China's Ministry of Education will measure whether a degree is online or on campus based on your immigration records, student visa, and passport entry/exit stamps.

In other words, if I can somehow get a student visa for my target country, I can also study online in my target country, provided that the word online does not appear on my diploma or transcript.

Of course, there is a risk, and at some point the Chinese Ministry of Education will check the official website of the school, or even contact the school to verify that the degree is online.

You may want to consider the International University of Applied Sciences, they have online degrees, where the last year can be taken in campus in Germany: https://www.iu.org/application/mm/?fnref...m=referral (referral link, if you use it you get a month of free tuition and I get 100 Euros if you select Yes to referred)

Their degrees never state they are online and are well regarded https://www.iu.org/my-university/on-campus/berlin/ https://www.iu.org/my-university/forms-documents/

Disclaimer: I study there right now, but I´m planning moving elsewhere as they have synchronous classes and can be disturbing for people working or in a very different time zone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 12 1,380 09-14-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: RejuvenationOclock
  Guidance for a school and program ryuzenboy 1 141 09-12-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Learning Plan for High Schooler halov19823 15 870 08-30-2024, 06:43 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Need help finding a graduate program that will take really old TV Production Credits lisarox 24 2,382 08-23-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: wow
  Starting school from scratch. 17 years in the construction industry with no degree elitewebmedia 12 618 08-21-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  I finally picked a school for my BA staceydiane 11 996 08-12-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Path suggestions, school and program AirborneAgent 20 1,280 07-16-2024, 11:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Will this plan get me into UMPI and then Law School? khp2011 7 789 07-10-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: khp2011
  Seeking the Quickest and Easiest School Program nilo.laden 9 820 07-08-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: davewill
  WGU vs UMPI for law school TONY SOPRANOxPEPPER ANNE 28 1,543 06-25-2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: TONY SOPRANOxPEPPER ANNE