Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contesting Questions/Answers: Straighterline
How often do you contest questions?

Have you been successful with the contested questions?

Do you bypass contesting questions because your total grade was good enough?

Straighterline exams have been taken by many students. Do students not contest? Or does Straighterline not amend the exams with correct answers/questions?

I am 4 for 4 in contesting questions. Recently, I successfully contested 3 questions on an exam with 25 questions (12% of the "Correct" answers were wrong!). There are some questions I would like to contest, but I do not because it would have limited impact on my total grade. Contesting takes about 3 days to get the final decision, and it seems to be an easy process.
Interesting that you note this, I noticed a couple of "wrong" answers on the Survey of World History Final, but I didn't contest because my grade was good enough. I WAS concerned though that the presentation information around one of those questions would lead to the spread of mis-information about the issue. I asked my wife should I say something, and she said "Yes".....I ultimately declined because I thought it would be too much work to follow up, and I don't have time, and for "what reward"....though I do care about the knowledge of others.

Glad to see that someone follows through. Kudos to you! Tomorrow is better because of you.

7Steven Wrote:How often do you contest questions?

Have you been successful with the contested questions?

Do you bypass contesting questions because your total grade was good enough?

Straighterline exams have been taken by many students. Do students not contest? Or does Straighterline not amend the exams with correct answers/questions?

I am 4 for 4 in contesting questions. Recently, I successfully contested 3 questions on an exam with 25 questions (12% of the "Correct" answers were wrong!). There are some questions I would like to contest, but I do not because it would have limited impact on my total grade. Contesting takes about 3 days to get the final decision, and it seems to be an easy process.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
This has never been an issue for me because I had grades well over the minimum 69.5% needed for a pass. Like the response above me, I don't have time to beta test SL questions for no pay. Remember, I pick SL in the first place because I don't want to spend much time on a course.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,339 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,548 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 508 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 997 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 901 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 932 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,736 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 3,499 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 921 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,262 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77