Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC Info Systems- Introduction options
Hello, I am trying to find my options for filling COSC Info Systems- Introduction requirement (ITE 101). I tried doing a search and I have a feeling this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for and I know things change with time.

- I know there is the MIS DSST.

- The CLEP and study.com information systems and computer applications seem to be the equivalent of ITE 102, so I do not know if those will fill the ITE 101 requirement.

- Then there is ACPE-0109 Introduction to Business Information Systems (Pearson) and ACPE-0118 Managing Information Systems (Ed4Online). I see TESU counts them as CIS-102 and CIS-301. In ACE they are listed as LL, I am not sure what they would transfer over to COSC as and at what level.

Maybe it was in the paid area I read the DSST had been recently updated to be more difficult, anyway thanks in advance.
I am sorry that this will not answer all of your questions, but I do know that the Information Systems CLEP transfers in as the equivalent of ITE 101 and fulfills the information systems requirement for the Business major. From my limited knowledge, I am not aware of any option that qualifies as upper level at COSC for this requirement.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
You cannot base what TESU brings things in as to what COSC will do. It seems to me (I'm not an expert here, just going by what I've read here on the forum) that COSC more closely follows the ACE recommendations. So all of these are considered LL by them. The Intro to Computer DSST is easier than the MIS DSST exam, not sure if that will work.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You cannot base what TESU brings things in as to what COSC will do. It seems to me (I'm not an expert here, just going by what I've read here on the forum) that COSC more closely follows the ACE recommendations. So all of these are considered LL by them. The Intro to Computer DSST is easier than the MIS DSST exam, not sure if that will work.

You make a great point that there is no correlation between what TESU does and what COSC does with UL and that ACE is a much better indicator. (Although there are still a few cases where ACE is UL and COSC is LL).

Unfortunately the Intro to Computing DSST will not satisfy the Information Systems requirement at COSC.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
dfrecore Wrote:You cannot base what TESU brings things in as to what COSC will do. It seems to me (I'm not an expert here, just going by what I've read here on the forum) that COSC more closely follows the ACE recommendations. So all of these are considered LL by them. The Intro to Computer DSST is easier than the MIS DSST exam, not sure if that will work.

Just realized I probably should have make this post in the school specific forum. I know you can't directly compare what one school accepts compared to another, I was more just typing out all the information I knew about the classes since I don't know exactly how they would transfer over to COSC.
Maybe I was thinking of the CSU Global CBE(s) MIS300/350EX...

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/prog...tions/cbes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options for Texas Government? westex93 9 264 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: westex93
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,080 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  International GCSE Sciences (EU/UK) Info bjcheung77 6 495 05-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,171 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 650 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 432 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  2023-2024 Pell Grant Max: $7395 (Options to use this) bjcheung77 8 2,603 07-31-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BYU Pathway Worldwide - Ensign College (BYU-I Partnership Undergrad Options) bjcheung77 2 1,362 08-29-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Pathophysiology options? allvia 12 2,468 08-24-2022, 07:40 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Edx/BUx Introduction to Differential Equations Starts 5/16 Brownie82 30 4,808 07-09-2022, 03:09 AM
Last Post: Ideas