Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concentration, Major, Minor are mentioned in the diploma?
When you get a Bachelor at TESU, UMPI, PUG, etc. does the diploma say:

"Bachelor of A with a concentration in B" or "Bachelor of A with a major in B, and a minor in C"?

Or do you get those mentions in a different document?
Every school is different.

UMPI's diplomas list your degree and minors on it along with Latin honors. I don't know if the concentrations are printed on them. I'll find out in March.

Most schools don't include all of this and just say Bachelor of Science. The transcripts contain the majors, minors, concentrations, honors, etc.
Thank you for your answer ss20ts
PUG diploma comes with Degree with Major.

Example- Bachelor of science in Information Technology.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(11-13-2021, 05:32 PM)NewatTESU Wrote: PUG diploma comes with Degree with Major.

Example- Bachelor of science in Information Technology.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

I think this is the most common form.  I'm sure there are other ways of doing it but I don't know about TESU specifically.
TESU only names the degree (e.g., Bachelor of Arts).

"Will my diploma indicate my area of study?"
Quote:
  • Your diploma will state your degree, but will not indicate your area of study/option. For example if you graduate with a BA degree in Liberal Studies your diploma will say Bachelor of Arts not Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
The employer is only going to see your transcript so that's what matters.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts
In my profession it's common for an employer to ask for a copy of the diploma.  It isn't always required as a part of the application packet but the request arrives soon afterward.  Generally, it's a Joint Commission accreditation thing and I believe it's standard in most healthcare systems.  Similarly, they collect copies of everyone's Continuing Education Units.  Diplomas are also often required as a part of any grad school application packet.  So, there are people who review that document, even if it's just a checkmark in a box.
I have never had to show any employer a copy of my diploma, parchment, or transcripts.  Most schools participate in the NSCH (National Student Clearing House) and companies have access to request verifications.  Many do internal checks this way and bypass the need for me to send in an official or photocopy of my transcripts.  Further to this, I don't think it's really necessary to provide anything to them until they ask for it, they may just want to see your degree for a quick verification.  Link: https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/workforce/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,661 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 770 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 389 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 636 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 5,031 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Amberton website (major) redesign allvia 8 779 08-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Diploma Appearances ThatBankDude 5 1,329 05-24-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: smartdegree
  Labor Market Outcomes of College Graduates by Major by New Yotk Fed 2023 learnforlife 0 725 03-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: learnforlife
  Fake nursing diploma Imbanewbie 10 1,199 02-01-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,058 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree