Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completed 8 CLEPs in 1 month!
I am extremely proud of myself since I thought it was impossible at first. You guys can do it too. Now on to my bachelor's degree.
tiara107 Wrote:I am extremely proud of myself since I thought it was impossible at first. You guys can do it too. Now on to my bachelor's degree.

Wonderful accomplishment!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Great job! You should be very proud of all your hard work and getting closer to your ultimate goal. Congrats!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Wow, that is amazing! Congratulations.
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
GOOD JOB! Wish I could do that!

That's really hitting them out of the ballpark! What have you got planned for this month?
BTW: Congratulations!!
tiara107 Wrote:I am extremely proud of myself since I thought it was impossible at first. You guys can do it too. Now on to my bachelor's degree.

Rockin!!! Way to go!
Wow Congrats! :hurray:
How did you study so short for each CLEP? I need 3 months for 1 CLEP....
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
can you share your study method?
vickyvicky Wrote:can you share your study method?

Well I'm only a couple years out of high school so a lot of the subjects (psych, maths, composition) were still kind of fresh to me.

First I went to Free Clep Prep.com to get a rundown of all of the tests by difficulty and worked off of the list. The site recommended instacert so then I came here.

Week 1: Took Principles of Management and Marketing (same day). I studied for about 4 days since I heard they were the easiest ones. I used Rea and instacert, and devoted about 5 hrs of study time to each test. A lot of the information overlap so that cut down on the material I had to memorize. I also took one of the free peterson's tests.

Week 2: College Mathematics. Used Rea and instacert. Studied 4 days for this test. I was intimidated at first because the Rea and peterson's tests were wayyyy harder than the actual. But I read on the forum that you shouldn't sweat the test so I trusted what was said on here. Turns out they were right.

Week 3: College Algebra and College Composition (different days). Used Rea and this site: Virtual Math Lab - College Algebra for College Algebra. I also used peterson's for both tests. If you know basic grammar then college comp will be easily passable (which is why I put virtually no study time into it). College Algebra was a little difficult though. Somehow I managed to pass that test with 4 hrs of study time (taking college mat first helped); I wouldn't recommend doing this though, especially if math isn't your strongest.

Week 4:Humanities. By far the most difficult test I've taken. I used instacert and the humanities study guide floating around on the forum, plus a little wikipedia. There's simply a lot of information you must know, but the idea is just to know enough to pass the exam. I crammed for about 4 days; even still I encountered a lot of info on the test that was foreign to me. I'm assuming the test is graded on a major curve.

Week 5: Intro Psychology and Sociology (different days). Used instacert and sparknotes.com (90% instacert). Studied for psychology in one day, mainly because I took AP psychology in high school. I went over the instacert cards for sociology once (information overlaps for both tests). Used peterson's as well.

My suggestions:
1. FOLLOW THE INFO GIVEN ON THE FORUM. It was right 100% of the time. A lot of the questions/topics people said that were going to show up on the test actually did.

2. Peterson's and instacert is your friend. Even though I used multiple resources, instacert would've been enough to pass the test. Make sure to read all of the explanations, because a lot of questions on the actual test can be found in the explanations.

3. The difficulty level of all of the tests is pretty accurate. Don't over-study because you can waste a lot of unnecessary time. If you have a good grasp of most of the material, you will pass; you do not need to be an expert on the subject.

4. You must be motivated to put time into studying. I used every bit of available time to go over the material, even though I felt I knew most of it. You can even do something simple as reciting definitions in your head. It'll make the info stick.

5. If you're going to take more than one test, you can develop method to studying. You can use the first couple of tests to gauge how well your methods work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Plus for $1/month... Expires Sept 21, 2023 bjcheung77 7 1,575 11-22-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 2,352 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Finally completed with 3.98 GPA !!! NewatTESU 13 2,109 02-27-2022, 07:15 PM
Last Post: NewatTESU
  Degree Completed. Now what? ss20ts 5 1,422 03-16-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: davewill
  ASU MOOC Of 373,000 people who enrolled, only 8,090 completed a course Life Long Learning 2 1,356 09-18-2019, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Ideas
Question Data Science TESU cleps Greenfields7007 2 1,163 05-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Useful Free CLEPS TrailRunr 20 6,694 02-15-2019, 03:56 PM
Last Post: clep3705
Information CLEPS and TX Highschool Students kvolivera 4 2,186 02-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Has anyone completed courses with Learners Edge? dannyasingh26 2 2,176 01-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Can a bachelors degree at NationsU be completed quickly? CountChocula 1 1,666 09-20-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: HistoryMaker