Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clep Humanities
whew...glad thats over. I really enjoyed the study; however, about 10% of the 140 questions were not on flashcards. For example, Death of a Salesman-a snippit was taken from it and you are asked 4 questions on "who was the person speaking", what were they saying...I really wasn't expecting all that. I was lucky we did that in Comp2. Read the answers-especially when they are grouping people together. I had all 500 questions memorized. I should have just read the answers over and over instead of trying to memorize last names. I barely passed.

Good Luck! You can do it!
MrsMurray513 Wrote:What is A&I???

Analyzing and Interpreting Literature...its a 6 credit test that fills the Humanities block for most schools. If you have good reading comprehension and brush up on the literary terms/suggestions in the Specific Feedback Section, it is usually an easy pass...I know it was one of my favorite (read easiest) tests.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I am almost at a loss for words...I have been studying for this one for 4 weeks. Anywhere from 2-5 hours per day--EVERY DAY and feel about 15% more prepared than I did when I first started (which was 0% preparedness)!!!

Does anyone have any last minute pointers to offer? I am testing Monday a.m. and have 12 hours set aside to study--at the bare minimum--in the next 4 days.

Help?!?!?!
Thanks,
RM
MrsMurray513 Wrote:I am almost at a loss for words...I have been studying for this one for 4 weeks. Anywhere from 2-5 hours per day--EVERY DAY and feel about 15% more prepared than I did when I first started (which was 0% preparedness)!!!

Does anyone have any last minute pointers to offer? I am testing Monday a.m. and have 12 hours set aside to study--at the bare minimum--in the next 4 days.

Help?!?!?!
Thanks,
RM

I test Monday as well, and I am really hoping to pass. I've been through each of the flascard sets once- some I do really well on, and some... well, yeah- horrible!!! Anyhow, I'm typically a great test taker, just hoping anyone has any last minute tips? Also, I see everyone reccomending Wiki. What, exactly, are you reccomending? Just search humanities and read up on Wiki? Thanks everyone, any help is appreciated Smile

--Winter
In reference to Wikipedia:

Whenever you come across something on IC that you didn't know at all before, look it up on Wikipedia and study it a bit on there. Self study always helps drive harder (or more remote) concepts home. Also, use the influenced/influenced by links to find other artists, composers, and authors worth knowing.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
I still dont believe it, but I passed yesterday..........BARELY (scored a 50), but its still a pass!

Now on to Spanish...Thanks for all your help and best of luck to all of you!
RM
Congrats! I took one look at the cards for Humanities and decided to go with A&I; I don't have what you might call an affinity for the arts.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,896 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 469 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 692 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,225 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,072 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Humanities Degrees and Stem Degrees Deserve Equal Respect LevelUP 12 2,710 03-10-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,841 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,479 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  Humanities Works Alpha 17 2,882 02-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,400 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az