Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA Kindergarten Teacher?
This is for a friend of my son's.
Looking for options.
I'm waiting to hear from her as to what courses she has already taken, but she just started at the community college this last fall.

CA
18 yo
Whatever degree can lead to becoming a kindergarten teacher within CA
She has less than 24 community college credits and nothing else.

She wants to earn a degree without having to sit in a classroom any more than she has to so she can work maximum hours.
She lives at home.
No Tuition assistance other than grants which she likely qualifies for.

She sees my son knocking out a class or two at a time and she wants to be able focus on a couple courses at a time and work at her own pace instead of semesters.
Hi - you will want your friend to fill out the template and addendum, so the board members with CA knowledge can better help. Here is the link for the template: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
That's what I would do as well, provide more details, you may want to check to see if WGU has a degree path that you're interested in, as they have links to state requirements on their webpage as well. It all depends on the subject matter, level of studies you want to teach at, plus a few other things. Seems like she wants either a degree that allows max transfer of alternative credits or a competency based degree option. With the addendum and template, we'll know more on the situation and see which one would fit the prospective teacher best.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb fast BS to work in Education/German Teacher with an emergency teacher's certificate Deutschlehrer 4 379 05-10-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Become a Substitute Teacher ASAP , plz Help ! rashmew 7 955 01-18-2024, 11:57 PM
  UMPI BA History & Political Science - Aspiring Highschool Teacher ExiledToGames 14 1,475 08-09-2023, 08:07 PM