Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business Ethics Sophia Transfer?
Has anyone been successful transferring in Sophia's new Business Ethics course to count for BUS 353: Legal & Ethical Environment of Business? 

Huh
(09-17-2023, 08:28 PM)CCCollege Wrote: Has anyone been successful transferring in Sophia's new Business Ethics course to count for BUS 353: Legal & Ethical Environment of Business? 

Huh

Good news.

According to UMPI's DB, Sophia's Business Ethics comes in UMPI as BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Bus.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-17-2023, 10:13 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 08:28 PM)CCCollege Wrote: Has anyone been successful transferring in Sophia's new Business Ethics course to count for BUS 353: Legal & Ethical Environment of Business? 

Huh

Good news.

According to UMPI's DB, Sophia's Business Ethics comes in UMPI as BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Bus.

This is GREAT news!  Thank you, I did the full DB the other day when I was updating my spreadsheet and it wasn't there, so they truly must have just added it!
Good News it will transfer in.

Bad news the class at UMPI is very good and it also counts as one of the up to 3 classes that you can transfer up to the MAOL is you wanted to do that at some point. 

I decided to do it at UMPI, and I don't regret it. 

Other relevant info:

Sophia Options for UL:

Business Ethics = UL
Microbiology = UL
Business Law = UL

The classes that can transfer up to the MAOL are: 

BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Bus (discussed above)
BUS 335 Organizational Behavior
BUS 440 Business Analytics
BUS 469 Strategic Communications

Note that you can only take 3 of them up with you but that drops the MAOL from 12 to 9 classes and those credits are earned much cheaper.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HappyGrad85's post:
  • ss20ts
(09-18-2023, 02:12 PM)HappyGrad85 Wrote: Good News it will transfer in.

Bad news the class at UMPI is very good and it also counts as one of the up to 3 classes that you can transfer up to the MAOL is you wanted to do that at some point. 

I decided to do it at UMPI, and I don't regret it. 

Other relevant info:

Sophia Options for UL:

Business Ethics = UL
Microbiology = UL
Business Law = UL

The classes that can transfer up to the MAOL are: 

BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Bus (discussed above)
BUS 335 Organizational Behavior
BUS 440 Business Analytics
BUS 469 Strategic Communications

Note that you can only take 3 of them up with you but that drops the MAOL from 12 to 9 classes and those credits are earned much cheaper.

You're a gem for highlighting the MAOL piece!  I didn't even think about that being an reason NOT to do it at Sophia!  I've already finished Business Law, just submitted my Touchstone today, so all I have left is the final milestone, I have a 96% so not too worried.   For Microbiology, do you know if it would also count as a GEC if I take the lab with it?
Well, you can do it at Sophia.org but tell them not to transfer it in for credit. You can take the UL course at UMPI for that reason, and you only have 3 of the 4 mentioned courses you can do... It really depends on the person, if you're looking at 'learning' more, you can take both just in case their are gaps somewhere between the two courses.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-18-2023, 02:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Well, you can do it at Sophia.org but tell them not to transfer it in for credit.  You can take the UL course at UMPI for that reason, and you only have 3 of the 4 mentioned courses you can do... It really depends on the person, if you're looking at 'learning' more, you can take both just in case their are gaps somewhere between the two courses.

I am the VP of People for a tech company and manage our ethics and compliance, so I will likely fly through it at UMPI which is probably better for me since I want to do the MAOL.  I have enough other classes to keep me busy and get me to the January 16 start Smile
Great, then you can decide the 3 of the 4 in the list... Shouldn't be too hard to get the degree wrapped up in a session or two.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Transfer credit question Educated Wombat 0 16 57 minutes ago
Last Post: Educated Wombat
  Do I need to retake my sophia courses for a better grade? whereismyramen 2 153 09-14-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Adding more sophia and study,com credits ChuckMcNab 2 331 08-26-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia's Approach to Studying Religions fulfill 5A? majic29 0 175 08-16-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: majic29
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 728 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question GEC Sophia credit question ecrane100 5 400 08-15-2024, 12:50 PM
Last Post: tdat314
  New Sophia Class- Criminology to UMPI ? dm.hans32 3 397 08-09-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer Sophia to UMPI DavidGood 2 311 07-29-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  Can I transfer in Bus 325? Sarajane 2 288 07-27-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  how to know which transfer credits will apply to degree? skinmasksean 7 478 07-26-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: skinmasksean