Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took Statistics
I took the principles of Statistics yesterday. I found it very doable. I was so nervous going into it but really, it isn't that bad. Know Confidence intervals inside and out. There were about ten questions that it really came in handy to have the formulas memorized. Know the difference between z score and the t score. Really know probability, the difference of independent events versus dependent events. Know the sample size formula. I thought for sure that I had it down but blanked out when I went to plug it in. I found it very helpful to write down all of the formulas right away ( before you even start.)
If anyone is considering taking this I'd say it really isn't that hard. Smile (I used Instant Cert, Statistics for dummies and the workbook, against all odds, )
I wish I knew right away what my score was. I feel pretty good abouth this one though.
That "doable" work keeps popping up around here! Thanks for the extra push to get this out of the way!!
princykit Wrote:I took the principles of Statistics yesterday. I found it very doable. I was so nervous going into it but really, it isn't that bad. Know Confidence intervals inside and out. There were about ten questions that it really came in handy to have the formulas memorized. Know the difference between z score and the t score. Really know probability, the difference of independent events versus dependent events. Know the sample size formula. I thought for sure that I had it down but blanked out when I went to plug it in. I found it very helpful to write down all of the formulas right away ( before you even start.)
If anyone is considering taking this I'd say it really isn't that hard. Smile (I used Instant Cert, Statistics for dummies and the workbook, against all odds, )
I wish I knew right away what my score was. I feel pretty good abouth this one though.

Congrats on the pass. Where did you get the workbook - was it part of the book Statistics for dummies?
never2late
(To get a degree)

Enrolled-ECE BS-General Business

Current study:
CSU-Ops Management
STRLN-Business Communication

55 Credits Earned (so far) 22 tests to go:
Tests
Pass
CLEP
Financial Acct, A&I Lit, Info Systems, Prin of Management, Intro to Sociology
DSST
ALEKS
College Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Intro to Statistics
STRAIGHTERLINE
Prin of MacroEconomics

ECE Info Literacy

B&M Classes
Managerial Acct, Freshman Comp, Nutrition, Human Cultural Geo, Philosophy, Business Math, Elem Algebra, Speech
Hello, never2late, I got the workbook off of Amazon ( a website that sells used books in new condition.) You can purchase it as a set with the statistics for dummies and workbook or just by it's self. If I had to do it again, I would probably just buy the workbook.In my opinion, it explains things just as well as the actual text. The workbook has great examples and explanations for pretty much all the topics that you'll need. Couple that with IC and you're sure to pass! Best of luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Statistics RA credit available anywhere? echo64 7 948 12-11-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Online Learning Statistics Alpha 0 593 07-14-2022, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 7 1,352 05-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 0 629 11-29-2021, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Applied Business Statistics - alternative source? Vle045 6 1,257 08-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
Question Straighterline Business Statistics Tips Bunii 3 2,952 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Bunii
  College Math CLEP vs. Statistics DSST if not strong in math... S.Tesla 6 2,096 05-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Star Looking for Affordable Upper-Level Online Statistics Course Nightmoves5 2 1,084 02-16-2019, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Nightmoves5
  COSC Business Statistics (BUS 201) requirement stampbuyme 10 2,718 11-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  statistics question cookderosa 12 3,788 07-26-2018, 07:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa