Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best AAS to pair with a BLS
Hello,

Would like to hear your opinions on which AAS Area of Emphasis (Information Systems or Business) you think pairs well and is complementary to a BLS-Management Minor degree. Of course, it also depends on the specific industry the person is involved in, but perhaps one AoE would be more appealing than the other to overall employers.
Once you obtain a bachelor's degree, an associate degrees becomes pretty much something that's ignored. Most companies want employees to have a bachelor's degree and it's a checkbox item. Your experience and skills are what sets you apart.

Info Systems would pair better with the BLS with MIS Minor than Management Minor. Business pairs better with the BLS with Management Minor. Do you want to get into an IT managerial role?
I'm thinking you could do it either way: Info Sys AAS to go with a Management BLS, or Business AAS to go with the MIS BLS - to show that you're more well-rounded maybe?

But honestly, I'm not sure it matters.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
All other things being equal, given a choice between a technical degree and a nontechnical degree, I would opt for the former.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
@Samus477, your first post already answered it... basically, you answered your own inquiry.  The Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis in Info Systems, then ladder that to the UMPI BLS Management minor.  

Having said that, my answer still differs from the ones mentioned above, your UMPI should be both the Management and MIS minor as the Management minor itself doesn't have enough UL credits to allow you to graduate.  

You still need 24 UL from outside the minor, complete the MIS minor for additional UL, in fact, add a third if you needed... Here's an example UMPI BLS triple minor (MIS, PM, Management) spreadsheet:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid365771
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]