Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendation on Classes - BABA
I have officially received my updated UMPI evaluations for the BLS and the BBA.  There are a few more classes that have not been added yet that were just completed:

Sophia Business Law
Sophia Intro to Chemistry with Lab
Study.com Bus 209

Since my career is in the business world, I would prefer to start the BBA instead of the BLS.  When enrolling in classes, is there a specific order that I should try to complete these classes?  Are there any that are easier to knock out than others? 

I know this will take at least two terms, but I am excited to begin!

Attached Files
.pdf   UMPI BLS.pdf (Size: 147.25 KB / Downloads: 63)
.pdf   UMPI BBA.pdf (Size: 141.23 KB / Downloads: 93)
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

You want to complete Spanish on Sophia and transfer it to UMPI. Trust me! The professor is VERY difficult at UMPI.

Go for the BABA. It will mean more than the BLS.

There's no particular order to take classes at UMPI. Very few have prereqs. Start with 2 you find the most interesting. Then add one that isn't I find switching back and forth keeps me motivated.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
(01-11-2023, 04:14 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You want to complete Spanish on Sophia and transfer it to UMPI. Trust me! The professor is VERY difficult at UMPI.

There's no particular order to take classes at UMPI. Very few have prereqs. Start with 2 you find the most interesting. Then add one that isn't I find switching back and forth keeps me motivated.

I saw this in regards to Spanish, will French fulfill this foreign language requirement?  I completed that at a CC.  I surely don't want a difficult professor!
(05-29-2023, 09:18 PM)DolceDolce Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 04:14 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You want to complete Spanish on Sophia and transfer it to UMPI. Trust me! The professor is VERY difficult at UMPI.

I saw this in regards to Spanish, will French fulfill this foreign language requirement?  I completed that at a CC.  I surely don't want a difficult professor!

Yes, French will work too.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-29-2023, 09:18 PM)DolceDolce Wrote: I saw this in regards to Spanish, will French fulfill this foreign language requirement?  I completed that at a CC.  I surely don't want a difficult professor!

As long as you earned a C- or above, it will transfer and fulfill the foreign language requirement. The BABA only needs 3 credits of foreign language.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • DolceDolce
@DolceDolce, Yes! The French course (even an introductory 100 level) will go into the language requirement as long as you have a passing grade of C- or higher. My suggestion for you is to review the UMPI degree links, create a spreadsheet and link us to your viewable not editable template and we can then comment on what to do with the remaining courses.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • DolceDolce
(05-30-2023, 01:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @DolceDolce, Yes!  The French course (even an introductory 100 level) will go into the language requirement as long as you have a passing grade of C- or higher.  My suggestion for you is to review the UMPI degree links, create a spreadsheet and link us to your viewable not editable template and we can then comment on what to do with the remaining courses.

Thank you BJCheung!  So what I need to do next, is go to the UMPI online degree site, pull up the BABA class list, type that into a spreadsheet and link it here for you guys to help me sort out?  Do I do this link via Google Docs?  Is there a Blank Template Excel floating around here, that I can just type over/edit to fit my individual classes?

So I went to the BABA Management and Leadership Degree Plan per your link "Plans" and that looked daunting, then I saw that GE is even another page with so many classes listed. I'm so confused. So if something says "1A" and it's on 3 lines, that means that I have all those choices to fill just the one 1A, right?
Yup, create a spreadsheet on your one drive or google drive, it only has 40 courses and put your current college credits in. You should use the spreadsheet for reference and tracking purposes. Yes, You don't need to look at the 1A, it'll tell you the course names, make sure to have those 13 courses in the General Education area sections, one has to be a science and lab.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decision time: BABA/Leadership vs BLS/Management Kjnova 88 5,811 09-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 366 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Completed 20 classes this term Sean1234 24 2,543 07-29-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI BABA Marketing Mrbarbz 11 854 07-14-2024, 10:38 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  BABA class for last 2 weeks rrrr 6 1,052 07-04-2024, 03:26 PM
  BBA PM & IS timeline 16 classes seven9781 1 233 07-03-2024, 09:56 AM
  Accounting classes at umpi, most did these at sdc Sarajane 7 589 06-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  BABA Not Business Accredited klone 8 1,448 06-19-2024, 06:20 PM
  Find holes in my BABA plan BoatShoes 16 1,048 06-17-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: BoatShoes
  Sophia Classes for BA Psych? CollegeBraveB 6 1,260 06-10-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP