Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS in Data Science and Analytics | https://www.statistics.com/
It is cost around 5700$.

Are there any alternate course providers? 

Statistics - I got it from StraighterLine 
Python - I got credit from Study.com

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_4.png (Size: 40.51 KB / Downloads: 40)
------------------

Statistics.com IS an alternative course provider!

Since the $5700 is just for the 12 courses you need for the AoS, you'll want to use additional alt-credit for your GE and other courses.

You'll also need to pay TESU for the cornerstone and residency waiver - so about $5,100 there. A total of $10,800 before you even talk about the cost for the other 83cr you will need.

You'll also need to bring in 27cr of RA, so if you don't already have that, you'll want to plan it out as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And last, if you don't want to use TESU/Statistics.com for this degree, WGU has one that may end up being cheaper. Between Study.com, SL/WGU-Academy, and Sophia, you can transfer in 74cr, leaving 46 to complete at WGU. You could probably get that done in 2 terms which would cost $7,840. Again, that's the cost before the 74cr you need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • akr680, Pikachu
Haven't seen any. My husband ended up going to Purdue Global his degree in analytics because he couldn't find a cheaper way to do it at TESU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • akr680
That's actually not that bad.

But you also need 30 RA credits for a TESU degree. If you do a 16-credit term with the cornerstone + some easy gen eds, that's $4639. Plus 15 credits at TEL/ONU/TECEPs for about $1000. A couple of months of Sophia to round out the rest of your gen eds for $158.

Total approximate cost for that degree: $11,500

WGU or Purdue Global would likely be cheaper but $11k for a Bachelor's isn't too outrageous.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • akr680, Pikachu
Hey, I would review your BSBA CIS catalog year and notes at the bottom, are you one of the lucky ones who was not subject to 30 RA credits required for the Jan 1, 2021 update? Did you take 16 credits for residency requirements or did you transfer the credits and are paying the residency waiver? I am on the 2018 catalog year for my BA Comp Sci, in the bottom of my evaluation, it shows I am exempt from the 30 RA credits as I transferred much more than that max of 90, so they let me continue.

If you just transferred everything over (not required for taking 30 RA credits) and am paying the residency waiver, then you need to ask TESU what is required of the BS Data Science. If they require 30 RA credits, then don't take it with them. If they do not require 30 RA credits, then you can decide to have a BS Data Science for an extra $5700 OR if you want to move into a Masters degree instead. I suggest taking more time to decide this before you complete your cornerstone/capstone at TESU for the BSBA CIS.

TLDR: Know your scenario/situation - Copy/paste your academic evaluation and the other/notes at the bottom. It will clearly indicate what is required for your BSBA CIS. You need to decide if it's a deal for the $5700 BS Data Science or head into a Masters degree instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, Pikachu
(07-15-2021, 02:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, I would review your BSBA CIS catalog year and notes at the bottom, are you one of the lucky ones who was not subject to 30 RA credits required for the Jan 1, 2021 update? Did you take 16 credits for residency requirements or did you transfer the credits and are paying the residency waiver?  I am on the 2018 catalog year for my BA Comp Sci, in the bottom of my evaluation, it shows I am exempt from the 30 RA credits as I transferred much more than that max of 90, so they let me continue.  

If you just transferred everything over (not required for taking 30 RA credits) and am paying the residency waiver, then you need to ask TESU what is required of the BS Data Science.  If they require 30 RA credits, then don't take it with them.  If they do not require 30 RA credits, then you can decide to have a BS Data Science for an extra $5700 OR if you want to move into a Masters degree instead.  I suggest taking more time to decide this before you complete your cornerstone/capstone at TESU for the BSBA CIS.

TLDR: Know your scenario/situation - Copy/paste your academic evaluation and the other/notes at the bottom.  It will clearly indicate what is required for your BSBA CIS.  You need to decide if it's a deal for the $5700 BS Data Science or head into a Masters degree instead.

Please find my evaluation for review. I think it is not required for me. 

I just need Cornerstone and Capstone for BSBA-CIS.

Attached Files
.pdf   BSBA-CIS -u.pdf (Size: 232.35 KB / Downloads: 23)
.pdf   BS Data Analytics-u.pdf (Size: 232.12 KB / Downloads: 28)
------------------

[-] The following 1 user Likes akr680's post:
  • Pikachu
Amazing! Both the BSBA CIS and also the BS Data Analytics, you ARE subject to the 90 ACE credits. However, it seems the Foreign credits took up the need for 30 RA credits. If you want, I would highly recommend you to email academic advising asking if you are required to take up RA credits. I doubt it as they'll treat the Foreign credits as RA equivalent. But to be safe, I would ask them...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
Thanks for the review. Sure, I will check with academic advising.
------------------

(07-15-2021, 04:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Amazing! Both the BSBA CIS and also the BS Data Analytics, you ARE subject to the 90 ACE credits. However, it seems the Foreign credits took up the need for 30 RA credits. If you want, I would highly recommend you to email academic advising asking if you are required to take up RA credits. I doubt it as they'll treat the Foreign credits as RA equivalent. But to be safe, I would ask them...

For anyone who hasn't noticed, TESU recently added a paragraph about the non-collegiate credit restrictions immediately above the progress summary. At the bottom of that section is a count of ACE and NCCRS credits applied to the degree plan. For both of the degrees in this case, the foreign credits don't appear to apply towards the 90 credit limit.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • akr680, Pikachu
Reply from Advisor

---------------------
Students are able to apply up to 90 foreign credits towards their degree.

Senior Academic Program Advisor
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 625 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 348 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 440 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 450 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Bachelor to Masters Data Analytics homeschoolmom1 2 355 01-22-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,047 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 641 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  Seeking Insights on BS in Data Analytics akr680 14 1,139 12-09-2023, 09:31 AM
Last Post: evenFair23
  Bachelor degree in Computer science fiyajou3 8 943 11-08-2023, 09:43 PM
  TESU ASNSM in Mathematics Add-On for BA in Computer Science bradonomics 31 2,134 10-24-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle