Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAPMMIS - BUS 401 Discussions
Big Grin 
Hello!

Has anyone completed BUS 401 “BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II” for BA-PMMIS degree?  Angel
Would you mind sharing PMP format documents to me?  Because my BUS 141 & 401 were transferred from other platform, which are not easy line up with target course assignment. 

Appreciated if there is any tips for this course! Discussions are welcome. Big Grin

Thanks!
(05-23-2023, 07:39 AM)Sylvia Yang Wrote: Would you mind sharing PMP format documents to me?

My understanding is that everyone uses a different format, and the professor is fairly flexible on format as long as the requirements are met. There are various free templates available online, but you can make probably even use a template built into your preferred document editor. I recommend starting with the headings you need based on the requirements, then start filling in the information about your project. If it seems like enough, you can submit it as a draft. Best of luck!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
You'll need to create your own template. You'll work directly with the professor for this course as it is not on the Strut Learning Platform. Everyone's template is unique to them and their project. 

ETA: There aren't any PMP documents. This course doesn't lead to PMP certification.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-23-2023, 08:12 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You'll need to create your own template.

When I think of a template, I think of a pre-formatted document that can be filled in multiple times. However, this is a single course, so I don't understand how creating a template is useful. I would either find an existing (potentially modifiable) template that makes sense for your project, or just format a document in a way that includes all the required information. This could simply be a misunderstanding on my part; perhaps we're talking about the same thing?
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
(05-23-2023, 09:58 AM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 08:12 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You'll need to create your own template.

When I think of a template, I think of a pre-formatted document that can be filled in multiple times. However, this is a single course, so I don't understand how creating a template is useful. I would either find an existing (potentially modifiable) template that makes sense for your project, or just format a document in a way that includes all the required information. This could simply be a misunderstanding on my part; perhaps we're talking about the same thing?

It's more of a format you use than a specific template. We created one in BUS141 and the professor suggest using that one in BUS400 & BUS401. It's the same professor for all 3 courses. It's not a PMI template by any means. Each project is different so there are changes that are made, but the overall format which the professor refers to as a template is the same.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-23-2023, 10:34 AM)ss20ts Wrote: It's more of a format you use than a specific template. We created one in BUS141 and the professor suggest using that one in BUS400 & BUS401. It's the same professor for all 3 courses. It's not a PMI template by any means. Each project is different so there are changes that are made, but the overall format which the professor refers to as a template is the same.

Thank you for the clarification!
(05-23-2023, 07:39 AM)Sylvia Yang Wrote: Hello!

Has anyone completed BUS 401 “BUS 401: Advanced Project Management Applications II” for BA-PMMIS degree?  Angel
Would you mind sharing PMP format documents to me?  Because my BUS 141 & 401 were transferred from other platform, which are not easy line up with target course assignment. 

Appreciated if there is any tips for this course! Discussions are welcome. Big Grin

Thanks!

I haven't started 401 yet but I expect to add it this week.  I'll be in the same boat as you, having completed 141 and 400 elsewhere.