Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALS plan
It can be a psy course too:

“Well, that DSST can count as either PSY-361 Organization Behavior or MAN-311 Organizational Behavior; it depends on your degree program which one. So, if you were in the BA in LIBST, Psychology concentration, then it would count as PSY-361 and is upper level. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thank you.”
Passed the organizational behavior dsst. So I guess it’s time to hash out the last remaining items...

How is this looking?

Attached Files
.xlsx   jjsafari TESU BALS-CJ - Shmoop (2).xlsx (Size: 140.35 KB / Downloads: 27)
Anyone know if Principles of Marketing will count for an upper level in the BALS with no concentration? or will it go to free electives?
MAR-301 Principles of Marketing
(03-22-2018, 01:58 PM)jjsafari Wrote: Anyone know if Principles of Marketing will count for an upper level in the BALS with no concentration? or will it go to free electives?
MAR-301 Principles of Marketing

Free Electives
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Johmford
American gov clep passed.

My only worry is if they’ll count ethics in America for the ethics requirement and leave the PHI384 in UL
Got my plan mapped out, can someone review it? I am curious if the Ethics in America DSST is in the right spot or not since it isn't listed as one of the courses that can go there. I don't know if those are 'suggested' courses or the only ones you can choose from.

Also, on the TESU website they have Business Ethics in Society as a Humanities credit so I assume it stays in the UL section?

Attached Files
.xlsx   jjsafari TESU BALS 03272018.xlsx (Size: 142.84 KB / Downloads: 22)
(03-27-2018, 07:15 AM)jjsafari Wrote: Got my plan mapped out, can someone review it? I am curious if the Ethics in America DSST is in the right spot or not since it isn't listed as one of the courses that can go there. I don't know if those are 'suggested' courses or the only ones you can choose from.

Also, on the TESU website they have Business Ethics in Society as a Humanities credit so I assume it stays in the UL section?

Sophia's Developing Effective Teams is only 1 credit, not 2.  They do offer another 1 credit free course as well that could go into your free electives (The Essentials of Managing Conflict). Why not take the free Ethics option (2 credits), and have the one "missing" filled by the free Developing Effective Teams course.  Then move the Ethics in America (3 credits) down to Electives, or take something else totally worth 3 credits there.

Edit:  I see that you've place the free ethics in as an UL 2 credit.  I personally would try to find another UL that is of more interest to me to fill it and use the free ethics to fill in the Ethics requirement - but that is me. If you have an LL and an UL course that meets the Ethics requirement, I'm sure TESU would the LL to the Ethics at your request if it wasn't automatically placed their.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(03-27-2018, 07:31 AM)allvia Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 07:15 AM)jjsafari Wrote: Got my plan mapped out, can someone review it? I am curious if the Ethics in America DSST is in the right spot or not since it isn't listed as one of the courses that can go there. I don't know if those are 'suggested' courses or the only ones you can choose from.

Sophia's Developing Effective Teams is only 1 credit, not 2.  They do offer another 1 credit free course as well that could go into your free electives (The Essentials of Managing Conflict). Why not take the free Ethics option (2 credits), and have the one "missing" filled by the free Developing Effective Teams course.  Then move the Ethics in America (3 credits) down to Electives, or take something else totally worth 3 credits there.

Edit:  I see that you've place the free ethics in as an UL 2 credit.  I personally would try to find another UL that is of more interest to me to fill it and use the free ethics to fill in the Ethics requirement - but that is me. If you have an LL and an UL course that meets the Ethics requirement, I'm sure TESU would the LL to the Ethics at your request if it wasn't automatically placed their.

I am worried about that possibility of needing another UL. I might try to do the Vietnam DSST, I think that still counts as UL. I hate history but I think it might be the easiest to study for. DSSTs seem to favor me. TESU just sent me an email about receiving my DSST transcript the other day so hopefully I will have an answer when they finish evaluating it.
So my clep College Mathematics got put in to:
B: Liberal Stud (15 SH) (In progress
As:
MAT-103 General Math II
MAT-102 General Math I

Can i get one moved to satisfy quantitative literacy?
So apparently this is a thing:
In terms of the English course, unfortunately the ENG112 and ENG113 both count as ENC-102 here at TESU, so that will just be a duplicate not able to be utilized. Thank you, and have a great weekend!

Let’s see how much this sets me back...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,546 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,803 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,808 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 5,512 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 3,020 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,875 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,613 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,990 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 3,155 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 3,350 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM