Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALS (UMPI) vs. BSLA (Excelsior)
If you don't like writing, go with Excelsior.

Yes, the ACTFL UL credits count as Arts & Sciences. If you know 2 non-English languages, that's a lot of UL credits. If you need any further UL credits, LawShelf or Coopersmith can be good ways to get UL credit without doing writing.

That leaves just the cornerstone, info literacy, & capstone at Excelsior to do with writing.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-27-2022, 09:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you don't like writing, go with Excelsior.

Yes, the ACTFL UL credits count as Arts & Sciences. If you know 2 non-English languages, that's a lot of UL credits. If you need any further UL credits, LawShelf or Coopersmith can be good ways to get UL credit without doing writing.

That leaves just the cornerstone, info literacy, & capstone at Excelsior to do with writing.

Oh that's awesome! Yes, I am fluent in 2 non-English languages.
LawShelf seems to be a great source for UL credits indeed.

I've read that one should enroll in UMPI after completing the GE courses. Does the same apply to Excelsior?
The same doesn't apply to Excelsior. You won't get any help until you enroll in at least one class, but you can apply and see where you stand before you've finished with everything.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(08-27-2022, 11:04 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The same doesn't apply to Excelsior. You won't get any help until you enroll in at least one class, but you can apply and see where you stand before you've finished with everything.

Thank you rachel83az!

After talking to my husband I decided to go with UMPI.  Big Grin
UMPI is a great choice, just make sure you do have enough time on your hands to complete your assignments and assessments. Don't rush things, follow the instructions/rubric for grading and you'll do fine... Good luck, have fun on your studies! Oh, you may want to apply soon for the next session and send in your transcripts... If you still have courses to complete from Sophia.org or Study.com or something, do them, get to a max of 90 credits for transfer and finish the remainder at UMPI.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-28-2022, 08:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: UMPI is a great choice, just make sure you do have enough time on your hands to complete your assignments and assessments.  Don't rush things, follow the instructions/rubric for grading and you'll do fine... Good luck, have fun on your studies!  Oh, you may want to apply soon for the next session and send in your transcripts... If you still have courses to complete from Sophia.org or Study.com or something, do them, get to a max of 90 credits for transfer and finish the remainder at UMPI.

Thank you bjcheung77!
Yes, I still have a lot of courses to complete, but I'm making good progress though.
I'm working on my plan and I'm not quite sure whether Sophia's Business Law will transfer in as a UL course or not?

I see that there are discrepancies between these two Wiki sources:
#1 "UMPI Sophia Transfer Equivalents" (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
#2 "UMPI BLS Management Degree Plan" (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan)

Thank you!
(08-28-2022, 09:28 PM)lumina Wrote: I see that there are discrepancies between these two Wiki sources:
#1 "UMPI Sophia Transfer Equivalents" (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
#2 "UMPI BLS Management Degree Plan" (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan)

Thank you!

I recently (as in a couple of days ago) updated the UMPI/Sophia page. LevelUP has been the one taking care of the UMPI degree plans. What have you noticed that's different between them? I may have overlooked something or maybe the degree plans need another update.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(08-29-2022, 03:11 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 09:28 PM)lumina Wrote: I see that there are discrepancies between these two Wiki sources:

Thank you!

I recently (as in a couple of days ago) updated the UMPI/Sophia page. LevelUP has been the one taking care of the UMPI degree plans. What have you noticed that's different between them? I may have overlooked something or maybe the degree plans need another update.

Hmm, well, I just noticed that the UMPI/Sophia page says "may now come in as a LL course" while the degree plan says "UL course". But thank you for the info!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 411 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 938 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,586 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,648 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  BSLA recommendations Shogun 5 607 10-16-2023, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Shogun
Smile EU - BSLA nick00106 46 5,950 10-03-2023, 10:56 AM
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,319 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,078 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,738 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this