Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associate Degree ASAP
Hello, my fellow people. I have a quick question. I need an associates degree asap. I have at least 98 credits frm RA, military, and Sophia. This is specifically for a job and was wondering if I could apply those credits toward an associates.
How many RA credits? If it's at least 12 then you should be able to get a Pierpont BOG Associate's degree for free or with very little additional schoolwork on your part. They are a bit unclear on their requirements but this is the fastest and cheapest (no fees from the college) way to get an associate's degree.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ranscripts

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...G-AAS-2020
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nomaduser
So one can transfer enough for an AA degree and apply for graduation at Pierpont and in the meanwhile continue working toward bachelor degree at TESU?

Free always sounds good.

Why the link says this degree is bureaucratically complicated to obtain?
In what sense?
(10-05-2020, 09:19 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Why the link says this degree is bureaucratically complicated to obtain?
In what sense?

1. They aren't the most responsive of schools. Nancy Parks is good but they're still slow. It took over a month for them to evaluate my ACE transcript.
  2. You fill out the application for the BOG degree online then, once you receive access to your Pierpont email, they make you download, print, and return (this part can be done by email) a form that is the exact same thing, but paper. Why? Maybe they need your signature for something. I have no idea.
  3. They can be very picky about which courses count for what requirements/are equivalent to their courses. If you check the last couple of pages in the 2nd link I posted above, you can see what Sophia courses have come in as what for me at Pierpont. Intro to IT at Sophia doesn't seem to count towards the degree requirement and I'm not sure why.
  4. It used to be even more complicated in the past due to the (apparently now removed) requirement that a student needed to take at least 1 credit class from Pierpont. 
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • deucess, nomaduser
I have 46 RA credits
18 Sophia Credits
18 military credits
(10-05-2020, 09:08 AM)rachel83az Wrote: How many RA credits? If it's at least 12 then you should be able to get a Pierpont BOG Associate's degree for free or with very little additional schoolwork on your part. They are a bit unclear on their requirements but this is the fastest and cheapest (no fees from the college) way to get an associate's degree.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ranscripts

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...G-AAS-2020

Wow! I didn't know that! so the Pierpont BOG degree is free?!
I'd be interested in getting one.
(10-05-2020, 12:29 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Wow! I didn't know that! so the Pierpont BOG degree is free?!
I'd be interested in getting one.

Yep. Pierpont doesn't charge you anything to get the degree. Depending on what classes you already have, you might have to pay for another one or two because (as previously mentioned) they're apparently super picky at times. But that's still infinitely cheaper than any of the Big 3.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Even with the timeline you listed, that is not bad.

I could start with AA with them since I already have all the needed courses and then BA with TESU.

Does Pierpont accept a transfer and application for graduation while one is enrolled elsewhere?
(10-05-2020, 12:01 PM)Teacherwannabe19 Wrote: I have 46 RA credits
18 Sophia Credits
18 military credits

You should be good to go! Just in case, which Sophia courses did you take? And your RA credits? 

My RA transcript was processed almost immediately while the ACE one took a good long while. It's a good idea to double-check to make sure that you meet the minimum requirements first in order to save both time & money.

(10-05-2020, 12:42 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Even with the timeline you listed, that is not bad.

I could start with AA with them since I already have all the needed courses and then BA with TESU.

Does Pierpont accept a transfer and application for graduation while one is enrolled elsewhere?

They expect transcripts from all of the schools that you've attended. Since I do not have credits from TESU to include, I did not list TESU. It is my understanding that this is fine because they are different types of schools and different levels of degrees being sought. If I were officially going after an ASNSM at TESU, I don't think that would be okay.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Great, so I can send my community college ones and sophia and any foreign evaluation and I should be fine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone receive their BOG degree? DEPY 13 1,339 08-23-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: joebloggs
Question Guidance Requested - Degree Planning Help bandito_crispeta 12 822 07-08-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: bandito_crispeta
  Best cheap Associate of Arts degree? System360 7 665 06-06-2024, 04:57 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont AAS for international student with incomplete degree legarams 3 502 05-21-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: legarams
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 846 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 2,876 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Confirm degree completed Carnation 0 641 01-26-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Degree Approval Timeline for BOG (December Graduation) txc1500 10 1,636 12-13-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: txc1500
  Pierpont --- Associate degree question midnite123 17 2,175 11-28-2023, 01:54 PM
  Pierpont to Charge $130 Fee for BOG Degree MissRN 35 4,581 11-08-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: NapoleonInRags