Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anywhere to test out of Statics or Physics?
I would like to complete Statics and or Physics by the start of next semester but I don't know of any place where I could test out of them or complete them quickly. I have completed physics without calculus; but I need it with calculus. I should already know the majority of the material for both the classes and so I need a fast track program where I can take or test out of them in a matter of weeks.

If anyone knows some good resources to take or test out of these credits and other engineering courses online, it would be much appreciated.
I'm trying to make my way through a list of prerequisites to transition from a B.S. in Business Administration to a M.S. in Mechanical Engineering.

Thanks
First, you have to make sure your graduate school of choice will accept credit-by-exam to fulfill prerequisites. If the school does accept exams, most schools are accepting of CLEPs and DSSTs.

CLEP Exams | CLEP
http://www.getcollegecredit.com/pdfs/exam-list.pdf

Some schools accept ECE and Uexcel exams, but I don't think there are any ECEs of interest to you. Uexcel does have a physics exam; I don't know if it's what you're looking for.

Error: need cookies
UExcel - Exams

Straighterline offers ACE evaluated, online, self-paced courses. A lot of people finish them pretty quickly. Again, you would have to contact the school to see if their courses are acceptable.

Online College Courses - Take College Courses Through Our Distance Learning Courses - StraighterLine

Then, there are the Ohio University exams which earn you regionally accredited credit, but keep in mind that Ohio University is on the quarter hour system.

Correspondence Course List
Calc based physics, as far as I know, doesn't have a test. The CLEP exam is algebra based. You could check more carefully into the AP Physics, but how likely is your college to award credit at this point? If you mean "statics" there isn't a test. If you mean "statistics" the DSST is an option.

If I could ask a question, have you completed your undergrad degree besides these maths/sciences? If so, I think testing might not give you the full utility you're looking for. If you're still working on your undergrad, really THE best way to work these into any degree is through the general education requirements. Within that arena, you'll find the most flexibility. When you get into meeting prereqs, in major courses, or gen eds for specific majors (physics for math majors, biology for science majors, etc) and grad school requirements, you're going to find only the smallest and most narrow use for the exams. Tread carefully, good luck.
I think Kent State and Ohio State offer CBE options for undergraduate physics with calculus... there may be other schools that do, as well.

The AP Physics C exam (in two parts) is the calculus based version of that test (you'll have to check with the school you are looking at to see if they will accept it and what score you need to get on it)
I do not know about the Physics, but DSST has a Principals of Statistics exam and ALEKS has 3 different Statistics courses that are ACE approved. I would check with your college before doing any of these.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
AP exams are given once per year in May. You will find it difficult to find a place that will administer it to you.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
It looks like Kent state is the only place that offers a calculus based physics exam so I'll contact them and see what I can do. I would have gone the straighterline route, but they emailed me saying the class probably won't be up until may. As for 'Statics' not statistics, I found that TESC has it as a three month course, but I really need one that takes half the time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 212 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Test score rogeryoung 4 472 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 424 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 761 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,021 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,281 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Calc based Physics needed Hometeacher628 14 1,843 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Self paced physics I and II with lab dustyflyer 8 2,617 09-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Hometeacher628
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 1,066 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 911 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso