Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone dealing with the Cluster that is FAFSA?
FAFSA glitches leave students, colleges without crucial financial information | WVXU

I personally chose to do a INDS degree at Liberty University, however - this is creating a mess for everyone in terms of having to fill out paperwork to see what financial aid is even available. 

I've heard that people who filled out the new FAFSA in January still haven't gotten anything back - not boding well for me, who filled it out in March. LOL!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gumbeaux's post:
  • MFG
I completed my FAFSA in February and haven't had any troubles with it. My award letter came after the term began, but that might be due to how late I filed my FAFSA or my university is just behind.
So, the FAFSA issue apparently is in regard to the 24-25 school year. I think the 23-24 school year is on the old form and is probably just fine.
Your only option right now is to contact both the university fin aid department and see if you can contact FAFSA for a status update.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-27-2024, 10:13 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I completed my FAFSA in February and haven't had any troubles with it. My award letter came after the term began, but that might be due to how late I filed my FAFSA or my university is just behind.

The Department of Education didn't transmit 24-25 FAFSA information to schools until mid-March, which is very late and impacted financial aid offer decisions by schools and students.
23-24 is still on the old form, which is running along fine.
In my opinion, a lot of the changes had good intent but poor execution. DoE should have punted implementation until everything was truly ready to go.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Gumbeaux
I was speaking more of the issue at large; I'm just going to pay the tuition and deal with the financial aid on the backside personally.

However, the financial aid departments are just as in a bind as the applicants, because they cannot allocate their internal aid until they get the government stuff situated.
(03-27-2024, 09:59 AM)Gumbeaux Wrote: FAFSA glitches leave students, colleges without crucial financial information | WVXU

I personally chose to do a INDS degree at Liberty University, however - this is creating a mess for everyone in terms of having to fill out paperwork to see what financial aid is even available. 

I've heard that people who filled out the new FAFSA in January still haven't gotten anything back - not boding well for me, who filled it out in March. LOL!

Yes, you're not alone!--I just got admitted and they say it's hurry up and wait. I notice also some universities are posting info apologizing for the delays on their websites.
Ongoing:
MBA/MA Philosophy.
University of Mary, North Dakota.2024-

MLS Public Administration.
Interdisciplinary Liberal and Political Science Studies.
Fort Hays State University, Kansas. 2025-

Completed:
BA. Business, Economics, Education Studies, Psychology. 
Minors in Philosophy/History, Mathematics/Natural Sciences. 
USNY Regents College (now Excelsior University), New York. 1979, revalidated 1988.

Self-Development:
Associate Arts/Sciences-level studies. Philosophy, Government, Sociology, Computers. 
St. Petersburg College, Florida. 2013-2019.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New FAFSA Quackerz 5 838 01-20-2024, 12:24 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  PSA Apply for FAFSA/Pell Grant Now ashkir 0 714 01-18-2021, 09:21 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Fafsa Pell Grant Giantzebra 3 835 11-08-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Anyone doing a FAFSA for payment? onmygo 1 518 03-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  FAFSA, and shooting yourself in the foot. Drakemoore 2 693 07-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Sort of new to IC. What do people think about the social science "cluster strategy"? Grand4Gold 3 677 11-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Using FAFSA to pay for exams/other fees? goingforward 4 1,252 08-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  FAFSA Financial Aid Online App>>>Questions???? Doctor H 3 752 06-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Last Post: jaspert
  Dealing with lack of motivation and discouragement - tips? Aubs 9 1,806 11-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Last Post: DSH2007
  Test Cluster method martialartist 4 1,387 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku