Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amberton has recanted...half way at least...
I initial posted an angry... Amberton Lied to Me!!!... link. Well, they initially stated that my 12 graduate courses would be transfered, which includes 6 credits that went towards my bachelors degree. Amberton later stated that those 6 credits could not be applied towards the Masters degree, since they were applied to my Bachelors degree. I then asked about the other 6 credits and they stated that the date of completing those were also done before the Excelsior conferred date. I, however, pointed out to them that they were not applied towards my Bachelors degree though. They, however, seemed to not want to budge. Well, I waited a couple of months and decided to push the issue again. I explained again to an adviser that Excelsior takes 2 months to confer their degrees, and that those courses were done after I was done with completing my requirements for the Bachelors degree. The adviser told me to have someone at Excelsior send a letter explaining all of that and to indicate when I was actually done with the degree. Well, after I had my Excelsior adviser send a letter explaining that I was done with my degree 2 months before the conferred date. The Amberton adviser finally allowed those 6 credits to transfer.... Whew!!! Now I can graduate in 7 months time as I wanted to on May 21st.
How's the Amberton grad program? That's another school we don't hear much about on this forum. I was looking at their Graduate Certificate programs for a while which is only 4 classes which sounded appealing to me.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
Norema

That is awesome !!!!! I am so happy it was finally resolved in your favor.
taylor Wrote:How's the Amberton grad program? That's another school we don't hear much about on this forum. I was looking at their Graduate Certificate programs for a while which is only 4 classes which sounded appealing to me.

I like their graduate program. Like any school or any professor, you have to get used to how they teach. We all are scared of change or of the unknown, and I vented before about what I thought was unfair teaching. However, now that I know how certain professor operate I know how accommodate to their way of teaching and succeed.

Amberton just started almost all of the graduate certificates that are offered. I was going to include 2 of them within my MA in Professional Development degree. However, they won't be offering 2 of the courses that I need next semester to graduate, so I'll just have completed 1 of them. I could finish my degree in May and take the other 2 classes to complete the 2nd certificate later, but I might just leave it alone and save myself $1350... yeah, I think I'd prefer to do that... I would at least graduate with the above degree, and a Human Resource Management graduate certificate. That'll do...
peace123 Wrote:Norema

That is awesome !!!!! I am so happy it was finally resolved in your favor.

Perseverances... paid off today...
Congrats on the good news Norema. You are right, if you push alittle maybe you can change the out come. It worked for you. I am so glad to hear about your wonderful outcome.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Thanks, I was so happy I had to do my Ally McBeal 'imaginary baby dance' afterwards... for those of you that watched and remember that show... I'm happy to save time and money anyday!
Norema, that's really great that you were able to double dip and get a Masters and a Grad Certificate all at once. I'm sure that will look great on your resume. But did I miss something did you complete 36 hours in 7 months? If so I definitely have to take a second look at that because I would prefer something shorter and not the typical 2 years. BTW thanks for the info.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
They are allowing their graduate certificates to be included in their degrees. The one degree that I find that it really works with is the Professional Development degree, because 30 out of 36 credits can be made up of ANY graduate course. They accept 12 transfer credits, which is what I thought I was able to transfer. They allow 9 graduate credits per term to be taken, unless you come down to only have 12 credits left. This is the case for me. Well, with them transferring 6 credits instead, all I have to do was 30 credits. I technically finished my Bachelors degree with Excelsior in October. I completed 9 credits fall semester that began in September and ended in November. That was a 10 week term. I am doing 9 more credits right now that ends in a couple of weeks. This term was an 8 week term. Then I will be taking 12 credits in March which is a 10 week term that will end May 21st. So from receiving my Bachelors in October to my Masters in May is 7 months. I initially didn't realize this until someone pointed it out to me.

My advise to anyone looking to create their own Masters degree is to go with Ambertons MA in Professional Development degree. You can INCLUDE TWO graduate certificates within the degree, being 12 credits each. Although if 12 credits are transferred then only one graduate certificate can be done. They have 2 required courses that take up 6 credits. This would give you 3 in 1 or 2 in 1. However, first make sure that the conferral date is before the date that you take any transferable graduate courses. I HIGHLY suggest to transfer the 12 graduate credits that they allow. To save you TREMENDOUSLY in time and cost. I would take courses from VESi and send them to Morningside College. They are very cheap and can be completed in 2 weeks.
3 graduate courses a term is truly impressive. 4 graduate courses in a term is unbelievable. My original plan was to take 2 grad courses at AMU instead of the undergrad courses I'm taking now and apply it to a master degree upon graduation but I chickened out. I wish I read some of your previous threads before I made my decision. Oh well, at least I know 2 courses seem doable now but I would think 3 could make a person borderline Koo Koo, no offense. I don't even want to think what 4 classes per term is like, gives me a headache just thinking about. Thanks for the advice on the Morningside graduate credits...you obviously have done a lot of research to even know about something like this which is great. Also, do the Amberton courses require proctored exams, I thought I read that they do? And if so do I have to go to specific test sites? I'm crossing my fingers the answers are "no" and "no". Either way thank you for all this info, it kind of got my adrenaline pumping hearing someone who is finishing up a masters so swiftly and efficiently.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amberton website (major) redesign allvia 8 923 08-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Amberton Fall 2022 ss20ts 2 625 07-23-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Amberton University - New Degrees Fall 2022 ss20ts 3 1,200 07-15-2022, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Half-off tuition at Walden for BS GoodYellowDogs 1 1,098 01-04-2020, 04:43 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  7 months and I'm DONE!!! w/my Masters degree from Amberton norema 32 5,402 04-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: krj5045
  Amberton University MA in Professional Development Shemrat 8 1,124 04-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Last Post: krj5045
  Cheaper Than Amberton University? onlinestudent101 17 4,569 04-05-2015, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Poptech
  Half way through BSN, options for finishing online??? Ubuntu_user 19 1,665 12-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Ubuntu_user
  Amberton University:The Next Big Thing? Saharapost 39 4,040 06-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  ? Any tips for Amberton MA in Professional Development? Starting soon.... Jackieneedsamasters 1 456 05-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Last Post: NAP