Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on Independent Study College
I did several research and find out some college provide independent study course. what I need is to select the best college for me to full fill my requirement . Cheap, Easy to pass, no proctor exam, start every time, can complete in a month, no need to register with admission.

Here is my list

BYU - Brigham Young University Home BYU Independent Study - Distance Education Courses - Online Learning
LSU Independent and Distance Learning
Colorado State University-Pueblo > Division of Continuing Education > Independent Study
Ashworth College - Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, High School Diploma, Career Training Courses
New Mexico Junior College
Penn Foster College - Associate and Bachelor's College Degrees

It seem that pennfoster and colostate-pueblo full fill my requirement.

Is that correct please give your advice. Does anybody have any experience with pennfoster and colostate-pueblo.

BS-TESC_ general and marketing
Here are the classes that I need to complete

English Composition - Pfoster or CPueblo. My English is ESL so I really need to take English class
Managerial Business Communicaitons- Pfoster
Advertising - Pfoster
Public Relation Thought & Practice-Pfoster
Marketing Research-Pfoster
Sales Management-Pfoster

Does any body know any other college that Cheap, Easy to pass, no proctor exam, start every time, can complete in a month, no need to register with admission. Please help thank you
Why no proctor?

BYU, LSU, PFC, and Asworth all require proctors.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
BYU isn't easy and requires a proctor for almost all classes. My youngest just finished the wellness class there and is about halfway through the Christian Fantasy Lit. class. I don't know anything about penn foster and colostate-pueblo except Penn Fosters Information Literacy. It's proctorless but you need to look closer at their accreditation.

Have you looked at the University of Oklahoma or the University of Missouri?

CIDL Home Page

Center for Distance and Independent Study: Education Online

OU has an open enrollment Comp class. I believe most of their classes are proctored. So are most of the classes through the University of Missouri.
University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma - 32 credits
Oklahoma City Community College - 9 credits
Charter Oak State College - 3 credits
Penn Foster - 4 credits
BYU Public Speaking (IS) - 3 credits
UP- 21 credits
FEMA - 14 credits
ALEKS - Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra/Trig, Intro to Statistics, Behavioral Science Statistics, and Business Statistics
CLEPS - Analyzing Lit (55), Human Growth and Development (65), Educational Psychology (63), American Lit (64)
DSSTS - Here's to Your Health (435), Environmental Science (58), Business Ethics (442)

Completed my COSC BS with a concentration in Psychology in Jan. 2012.
Completed Penn Foster Animal Care: Dogs Certificate in April 2012
Completed Penn Foster Natural Health Care for Pets Certificate in May 2012
I went to college back in the late 70's and racked up a lot of hours, but no bachelor's degree. I decided to go back to school and to get my Associates at Excelsior College. I needed a basics class - 3 science/math hours - and Information Literacy (EC requires this course). They allowed me to do Information Lit at Penn Foster College..no proctor with that class. My advisor at Excelsior College also gave me permission to take Physical Science at Penn Foster College. A lot of PF's classes will transfer to Regionally Accredited colleges because they are ACE approved. I believe they have a final proctored exam in their ACE approved cllasses - as my Physical Science does. Believe me, each section of the Physical Science course has an on-line exam, open-book and no proctor, but it's not easy. I am actually dreading the open-book proctored final exam, but I'll do my best. I can say I've been very happy in dealing with PF for these two courses; and if anyone thinks PF is easy, they should try at least one course.

You are at the right place to learn about independent study, etc. Lots of posters on this board are very helpful.
joinnow Wrote:I did several research and find out some college provide independent study course. what I need is to select the best college for me to full fill my requirement . Cheap, Easy to pass, no proctor exam, start every time, can complete in a month, no need to register with admission.

Here is my list

BYU - Brigham Young University Home BYU Independent Study - Distance Education Courses - Online Learning
LSU Independent and Distance Learning
Colorado State University-Pueblo > Division of Continuing Education > Independent Study
Ashworth College - Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, High School Diploma, Career Training Courses
New Mexico Junior College
Penn Foster College - Associate and Bachelor's College Degrees

It seem that pennfoster and colostate-pueblo full fill my requirement.

Is that correct please give your advice. Does anybody have any experience with pennfoster and colostate-pueblo.

BS-TESC_ general and marketing
Here are the classes that I need to complete

English Composition - Pfoster or CPueblo. My English is ESL so I really need to take English class
Managerial Business Communicaitons- Pfoster
Advertising - Pfoster
Public Relation Thought & Practice-Pfoster
Marketing Research-Pfoster
Sales Management-Pfoster

Does any body know any other college that Cheap, Easy to pass, no proctor exam, start every time, can complete in a month, no need to register with admission. Please help thank you

I would really think colorado pueblo and lousiania have the best tuition rates for an independent course than take some costly exam from TESC or Excelsior.
CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Intro to Sociology- 64
Natural Sciences - 53
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Social Sciences & History - 54
Western Civilization I - 67
Western Civilization II- 57
Principles of Mgmt- 53

DANTES

Rise and Fall of Soviet Union - 54
Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to World Religions- 74
Intro to Computing - 53
Principles of Supervision- 51
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
Buisness Mathematics-56
American Ethics-51
AGS121068 Wrote:I would really think colorado pueblo and lousiania have the best tuition rates for an independent course than take some costly exam from TESC or Excelsior.
Excelsior exams aren't costly! 235 for a 3 sh exam is about 78 per semester hour. 335 for 6 sh is about 56. And many of these are upper-level. And the 8 sh nursing subject exams for students not pursuing an Excelsior nursing degree - which organizes its content in different course-equivalent sets - are 270 each, or 33.75 per semester hour, perhaps the lowest-cost source of credit in-house from an accredited senior college in the whole United States.
CSU IS courses require a proctor.....
a lot of Penn Foster's courses do not, they require a final project/paper....
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,966 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,769 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 131 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 351 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 476 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,038 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,349 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 238 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 624 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 448 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77