Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acclaim has switched to Credly, added confusion
So, just in case this wasn't enough of a sh*tshow, Acclaim seems to have gone away, and now Credly issues the transcripts (they're the same company, but Acclaim was the student side and Credly was the company side).  As if we needed more problems with this situation.  Dodgy  So now any school that finally understood that ACE credit would come on an Acclaim transcript...will now have to understand that the transcripts will now come from Credly...sigh...

I still can't figure out why ACE did the changeover, and why they went with Credly/Acclaim instead of Parchment or one of the well-known transcript providers. SMH.  It hasn't made sense from the beginning, and still doesn't.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Dorothy44
Oh that's nice. Not.

On the one hand, I like that Credly transcripts are 100% free to students. But a couple of bucks through Parchment wouldn't be so bad if things had been handled better.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44
Yeah, that kind of sucks. But now you can become a Credly Ambassador.

https://www.credly.com/org/credly/badge/...ambassador

Please refer to me as Ambassador Eriehiker from now on.
The one nice thing about the new credly.com URL is that it keeps you logged in. On the Acclaim version, I had to log in again every single time.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(04-15-2021, 09:57 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Yeah, that kind of sucks.  But now you can become a Credly Ambassador.

https://www.credly.com/org/credly/badge/...ambassador

Please refer to me as Ambassador Eriehiker from now on.

Big Grin  dfrecore, you've GOT to get that badge!
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
I am confused. Do we have to set up another account @ Credly? Also, has everything already transferred over, or are we going to have to wait on more things?
(04-16-2021, 01:09 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: I am confused. Do we have to set up another account @ Credly? Also, has everything already transferred over, or are we going to have to wait on more things?

Same account info as Acclaim, just a different name and domain. All of your badges should be there.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Dorothy44
(04-16-2021, 02:44 AM)jch Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 01:09 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: I am confused.  Do we have to set up another account @ Credly?  Also, has everything already transferred over, or are we going to have to wait on more things?

Same account info as Acclaim, just a different name and domain. All of your badges should be there.

Thanks.
I think it's a good thing that they switched from Acclaim to just Credly. At the beginning when asking course providers you had to tell the Acclaim/Credly because they would only know one or the other. Now you just say Credly and they put in your badges. Of course this should have been done from the beginning.

They have handled this transfer in the worst way possible putting it on the students to get all of their ACE courses transferred into the system. Some ACE credits are impossible to get into Credly. I've emailed ACE, Credly, course providers and they either don't respond or tell me they can't help me.

I've been waiting months for Coursera/Google IT course to show up in my Credly account. It looks like I'm on the right path though, they gave me the wrong badge last week, but at least they issued something and said they will fix it. The Institutes - Ethics course is another one that doesn't seem to have a badge. I'm sure there are others out there.
My DocuSign licenses didn't transfer so I had to readd them.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 2 1,428 05-12-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 867 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 485 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 627 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Confused about Credly/ACE! yc1981 6 1,121 12-01-2023, 12:10 AM
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 2,078 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Old ACE credits to Credly defscarlett 4 868 07-27-2023, 07:25 PM
  Is Sophia still using Credly? SCYankee 4 1,533 06-20-2023, 11:46 AM
  Teex - How long for Credly badges to show up? nyjosh 14 3,054 05-13-2023, 02:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  study.com to credly? kimmyk 3 1,991 08-25-2022, 07:29 AM
Last Post: evanmonast