Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available
(02-27-2024, 05:03 AM)xianbd Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 02:19 PM)McManus Wrote: Likewise, I just finished up the last course.

To add on to what is being said above, there is a canvas module that you need to upload all of your "final projects" to, but, the last class does not have a final project loaded yet. After uploaded to each class module, it looks like there is a central module that you upload them all into where the "expert" will go in a grade/validate them. For my anyway, only three of the courses had "final projects" in the modules. My guess, based on what was listed below in the last module, is that they will be forming these up for submission by summer time.

The final project module in the last class says:

"If you're interested in earning academic credit for this experience, submitting this final project is required.  If not, and you're only taking this course for a certificate of completion or professional development, please consider the final project optional.

Note: Academic Credit for all Advanced Courses will be enabled by Summer 2024.

Project instructions will be made available soon."

Have you submitted your application to Thunderbird using the link on the portal?
I have not, the link did not work for me. I was going to check back next week.
(02-27-2024, 02:57 PM)McManus Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 05:03 AM)xianbd Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 02:19 PM)McManus Wrote: Likewise, I just finished up the last course.

To add on to what is being said above, there is a canvas module that you need to upload all of your "final projects" to, but, the last class does not have a final project loaded yet. After uploaded to each class module, it looks like there is a central module that you upload them all into where the "expert" will go in a grade/validate them. For my anyway, only three of the courses had "final project s" in the modules. My guess, based on what was listed below in the last module, is that they will be forming these up for submission by summer time.

"If you're interested in earning academic credit for this experience, submitting this final project is required.  If not, and you're only taking this course for a certificate of completion or professional development, please consider the final project optional.

Have you submitted your application to Thunderbird using the link on the portal?
I have not, the link did not work for me. I was going to check back next week.

The information in the course introduction says that credit will be available by summer 2024, so we will need to wait a little longer.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 3 users Like Vle045's post:
  • indigoshuffle, jg_nuy, NotJoeBiden
It's only a few months wait, I suggest getting the classes completed and then work on other things while waiting...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • jg_nuy, NotJoeBiden

To add on to what is being said above, there is a canvas module that you need to upload all of your "final projects" to, but, the last class does not have a final project loaded yet. After uploaded to each class module, it looks like there is a central module that you upload them all into where the "expert" will go in a grade/validate them. For my anyway, only three of the courses had "final projects" in the modules. My guess, based on what was listed below in the last module, is that they will be forming these up for submission by summer time.

"If you're interested in earning academic credit for this experience, submitting this final project is required. If not, and you're only taking this course for a certificate of completion or professional development, please consider the final project optional.

Do you have any insight if the project will be related to the journal activities within the courses or a separate activity?

-
Joe
-
Joe
(03-01-2024, 11:33 PM)NotJoeBiden Wrote:

Do you have any insight if the project will be related to the journal activities within the courses or a separate activity?

-
Joe

No idea, but, I would imagine that it would need to be a college-level assessment of some kind for it to warrant academic credit as a summative assessment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes McManus's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
I like how they admit the program is sexist...

Quote:Women and young women will account for 70% of the 100 million learners that the program will reach worldwide.
(03-09-2024, 06:05 AM)Ares Wrote: I like how they admit the program is sexist...

Quote:Women and young women will account for 70% of the 100 million learners that the program will reach worldwide.

I've complete 3 modules so far and I have not seen anything remotely sexist against non-female genders in the content. I don't even remember anything specifically catering towards women though I do admit to skipping the optional videos/content. 

As the program is free regardless of gender and race, I think the statement should be taken as ASU/Thunderbird projecting that 70% of the people that sign up for the course will be female.
[-] The following 6 users Like Hotdogman1's post:
  • indigoshuffle, jch, NotJoeBiden, origamishuttle, rachel83az, ss20ts
(03-09-2024, 06:05 AM)Ares Wrote: I like how they admit the program is sexist...

How is that at all sexist? Y’all just feel the need to play the victim when you hear minorities succeeding.

-
Joe the engineer
-
Joe
[-] The following 5 users Like NotJoeBiden's post:
  • davewill, jch, rachel83az, ss20ts, Vle045

Quote:Women and young women will account for 70% of the 100 million learners that the program will reach worldwide
I don’t think it means what you think it means.  This is a global initiative.  Their hope is to reach more women in countries where there is a great gender disparity in education.  Like South Sudan where 73% of females don’t have an opportunity for education.  In some countries, girls are married off at a young age and don’t get the same opportunities as boys.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 6 users Like Vle045's post:
  • davewill, jch, KagomeH, NotJoeBiden, rachel83az, ss20ts

Well, given that statistically more women attend college than men, it does make sense that the majority of the learners will be female. They didn't say the program was sexist. They have zero control over who enrolls. They are reaching countries where educating women is highly frowned upon and where women have practically no opportunities. But yeah you go ahead and sit there in your ivory tower. You do know that everything doesn't have to cater to men, right?

(03-09-2024, 03:59 PM)Vle045 Wrote:

Quote:Women and young women will account for 70% of the 100 million learners that the program will reach worldwide
I don’t think it means what you think it means.  This is a global initiative.  Their hope is to reach more women in countries where there is a great gender disparity in education.  Like South Sudan where 73% of females don’t have an opportunity for education.  In some countries, girls are married off at a young age and don’t get the same opportunities as boys.

And by a young age, she means like 11 years old!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • NotJoeBiden

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 7 1,541 5 hours ago
Last Post: eriehiker
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,489 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 330 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 38,072 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,293 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 470 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue Global Owes $128 Million to Kaplan sanantone 6 529 06-27-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 549 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,130 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  It Costs Over $10 Million in Opportunity Cost to Go to College LevelUP 7 894 05-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy