Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANy advice on getting FEMA credits into EC?
Anyone have advice on a free or cheap way to get FEMA credits transferred to EC. I believe FCC is $60 a credit which is more than CLEP tests and DSST's. I'd like to try some of these but it seems like alot of red tape to get them transferred.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
mongoose65 Wrote:Anyone have advice on a free or cheap way to get FEMA credits transferred to EC. I believe FCC is $60 a credit which is more than CLEP tests and DSST's. I'd like to try some of these but it seems like alot of red tape to get them transferred.

Right now there is no way around it ...atleast not that I know of.
But if you look at the time it takes to get those FEMA credits. I think it's worth it. Though only applicable if you want to get things done a bit faster. But if time is not problem...then I agree they are pricey.
Also if you company does Tuition Reimbursement...that would be good to use. I went that route

All the best
Mapalo
FCC or bust......for EC.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I email Excelsior regarding FEMA courses transfered to Clackamas, emailing them all the information from CCC, and here is their reply:

We do accept FEMA courses as long as they are on either a Clackamas CC or Frederick CC transcript. I am providing the link for Frederick in case you want to compare programs.

http://www.frederick.edu/download/pr...ogramsInfo.pdf

Jodi Bernstein
Liberal Arts Advising Team

It's funny however to see that they included FCC's web site with the reply, it's obvious that CCC is the better deal. Well, maybe they do get some kind of kick back from them, because it looks like they're trying to promote them instead.
norema Wrote:I email Excelsior regarding FEMA courses transfered to Clackamas, emailing them all the information from CCC, and here is their reply:

We do accept FEMA courses as long as they are on either a Clackamas CC or Frederick CC transcript. I am providing the link for Frederick in case you want to compare programs.

http://www.frederick.edu/download/pr...ogramsInfo.pdf

Jodi Bernstein
Liberal Arts Advising Team

It's funny however to see that they included FCC's web site with the reply, it's obvious that CCC is the better deal. Well, maybe they do get some kind of kick back from them, because it looks like they're trying to promote them instead.

I read in previous posts on the forum that CCC is $30 per QUARTER hour, not per credit which would make it $120 per SH credit. Can anyone confirm or better yet disprove that info? $30 per credit hour would be a good deal.
mongoose65 Wrote:Anyone have advice on a free or cheap way to get FEMA credits transferred to EC. I believe FCC is $60 a credit which is more than CLEP tests and DSST's. I'd like to try some of these but it seems like alot of red tape to get them transferred.

Got some fresh info from Clackamas CC. They will accept and transfer the credits, however according to the Director, it takes 1.5 quarter hour credits to equal 1 semester hour credit. Since EC is on semester hour, this applies. So by my math, a FEMA transfer from CCC is $45 per EC credit as opposed to $60 from FCC. I may contact my EC advisor to double check this as it is still confusing, but hey, $15 bucks is $15 bucks!
I'm confused. Their website said, Attach a check or complete the credit card authorization for $30 per class/not per credit for all out-of-state residents and members of the United States Coast Guard.
mongoose65 Wrote:Got some fresh info from Clackamas CC. They will accept and transfer the credits, however according to the Director, it takes 1.5 quarter hour credits to equal 1 semester hour credit. Since EC is on semester hour, this applies. So by my math, a FEMA transfer from CCC is $45 per EC credit as opposed to $60 from FCC. I may contact my EC advisor to double check this as it is still confusing, but hey, $15 bucks is $15 bucks!
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Not sure how one would do this but I have wondered that since they are ACE approved see if you can get them on an ACE transcript. The little bit I read seemed to say they werent required to be transcripted as many are but that doesnt mean they cant be...I would sure as heck check it out if I was looking to use FEMA. Even though they say only through CC or FCC,they would have a hard time turning down something transcripted from ACE.

Just a thought someone may have already tried this..
Has anyone tried having FEMA send the transcripts to ACE instead of the school? Maybe EC or other schools would be more willing to take the credits if they are on your ACE transcript.

I have and old professional course that is going to give me 12 hours. I contacted ACE and they told me to have the academy send the transcripts to them and then they will add them to my ACE transcripts.

The catalog they have online does not list all of the courses they give credit for. When I called she asked a few questions about my course and then gave me a breakdown of the exact credits. It sounded like she was paging through a book.

I'm going to try this after I take all the FEMA courses. I still have a couple of weeks before I finish though.

It only cost $40 or $15, depending on if it is your first time getting a transcript evaluated by ACE.

If no one else tries it I will report back with my results after I get the FEMA course done (I'm doing all of them because I'm considering a second Homeland Security on top of the Social Sciences degree.)
That has been considered and it won't work. There is a post about it somewhere.

[align=left Wrote:jbinmontana[/align]]Has anyone tried having FEMA send the transcripts to ACE instead of the school? Maybe EC or other schools would be more willing to take the credits if they are on your ACE transcript.

I have and old professional course that is going to give me 12 hours. I contacted ACE and they told me to have the academy send the transcripts to them and then they will add them to my ACE transcripts.

The catalog they have online does not list all of the courses they give credit for. When I called she asked a few questions about my course and then gave me a breakdown of the exact credits. It sounded like she was paging through a book.

I'm going to try this after I take all the FEMA courses. I still have a couple of weeks before I finish though.

It only cost $40 or $15, depending on if it is your first time getting a transcript evaluated by ACE.

If no one else tries it I will report back with my results after I get the FEMA course done (I'm doing all of them because I'm considering a second Homeland Security on top of the Social Sciences degree.)
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 391 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 894 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 778 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 445 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 227 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 932 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,129 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,093 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,277 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 3,006 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM