Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS Courses "Expire" Soon
I just noticed that the ACE-approved ALEKS courses are currently valid from 12/1/2013 to 11/30/2016.

As some of us may remember, there was a lot of talk about ACE requiring proctoring, lowering credit values, etc., back in late 2013. Indeed there were a few weeks during which ALEKS classes did not receive credit although it was later retroactively applied.

To avoid the drama, if you are currently taking or planning to take ALEKS classes you might want to do them sooner rather than later.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
So if I finish my classes prior to 11/30 I am in the clear? What If I get the credit prior but apply to a school after 12/1?
corycarbonb Wrote:So if I finish my classes prior to 11/30 I am in the clear? What If I get the credit prior but apply to a school after 12/1?

You add it to your Transcript by the date completed. So if you complete the course by 11/30 you are fine. It should add to ACE. ACE credit is tied to the period in which you took it. So you finish all of the math courses by the date, those credits are yours.

Also the school isn't tied to ACE, schools don't automatically stop taking credit because it expired from ACE. My suggestion to you is if your worried about it enroll in the school and send them your transcripts so you are grandfathered in. I plan on finishing my degree by this time next year so I will be apply soon to the school. Once you become enrolled you have a year before it runs out. (I think)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
So if I'm reading that right, we just meed to complete the course and get it on to our ace transcript? Guess I better get statistics done today then
It doesn't need to be on your ACE transcript by Nov 30th, you just need to have completed it through ALEKS by Nov 30th. If you haven't added anything to your ACE transcript it can be a little confusing to understand the process. When you ask for a course to be added, you first find the course you want to add and click it. The course pops up, and then you click add to transcript. It then brings you to a different screen that asks what date you completed it. (I.E 10/20/2016) then you send it off for approval. So if you complete the course on 10/20 you go to ACE and request it be added. ALKES is very quick it usually accepted under 30minutes for each class. Shmoop has also gone really fast, they were both within about 8 hours to approval. Some places take days. (I.E. - Ethics course took 3 days to accept)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Thanks for the heads up!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Thanks for the heads up! I need to finish my Intro to Stat soon.
Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Mathematics - 54/61  (Graduate by June 2020)
ASNSM in Computer Science - 55/61 (Graduate by June 2020)
BS in Health Services Technology - 106/120 (Graduate by December 2020)
BSBA General Management - 72/120 (Graduate by December 2020)

US Military Apprenticeship Program
Certificate in Medical Secretary - Earned in 2019
Certificate in Dental Assisting - Earned in 2019
ALEKS "expired" last time in 2013 and was quickly renewed, I believe there was a short lag time - a few days. The main issue of course is that IF a change occurs, that's WHEN it will occur. It's a roll of the dice.
I need to have Business Stats done before the deadline. Thanks for the heads up Smile
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics
For those in a panic- if ALEKS expires on 11/30/2016 and is renewed 12/1/2016 then you'll be fine.

If ALEKS expires on 11/30/2016 and putzes around and isn't renewed until 12/7/2016 you'll have a lag- that happened last time. That lag window is a problem. For MOST of the students, I recall this was worked out in their favor, but a handful of students finished their course in that window- creating all kinds of technical issues and stress. The best advice is to finish before. IF we are in a situation where there is a lag, you should wait, let your account keep rolling and then finish once it's got new approval- in other words, if you MISS THE DEADLINE, then DON'T finish while they are expired - keep your account active and wait for renewal.

Even if it's a month or more, waiting for new approval will mean you'll finish an approved course - if you finish while they are not approved you'll have issues, especially if you transfer outside the big 3 or need this as a prereq for grad school. banghead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 525 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,696 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 355 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,742 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,661 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 348 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,378 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 496 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 578 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,207 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader