Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACP credit vs. "direct" credit
Is it normal for the ACP credit to take a lot longer to show up on an ACE transcript than the school's own version of the credit?  I have two SL courses that are also ACP-approved.  The SL credit was applied within just a few days, but four weeks later the ACP credit (for the same courses) still shows as pending.

It's not a huge deal; my school will take the SL credit.  I'm just wondering why there's such a significant discrepancy.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • docmarvin
My guess is that Ashford has explicit arrangements with Straighterline in their system, causing the credits to be applied automatically, whilst ACP credits are not predefined and must be evaluated manually.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
I'm looking at my ACE account, under "My Courses." I haven't sent them over to Ashford yet. (When I do, they do have a predetermined agreement with each other, though.)
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

I passed General Calculus II on Oct. 17 and submitted it immediately on the ACE transcript. I haven't had any action yet. I submitted it a second time on Nov. 22 and nothing. I have emailed both ACP and Straighterline, but nothing. I will eventually submit straight from Straighterline.
My SL courses were submitted after that, so I'd contact them again. (They've been approved on SL's end.) Let me see if I can upload a screenshot of what's happening with mine.

[Image: pending.jpg]
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

(11-27-2017, 07:46 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Is it normal for the ACP credit to take a lot longer to show up on an ACE transcript than the school's own version of the credit?  I have two SL courses that are also ACP-approved.  The SL credit was applied within just a few days, but four weeks later the ACP credit (for the same courses) still shows as pending.

It's not a huge deal; my school will take the SL credit.  I'm just wondering why there's such a significant discrepancy.

Ha! We had this issue end of last school year. At the beginning, ACP and SL credits all were approved close together in time, and usually pretty quickly. By the end of the year, I was LITERALLY submitting requests at a rate of 1/month for 3 months for EACH AND EVERY ACP class. My sons were both doing them, so I think at one time we must have had 4-5 each (x 2 kids) setting in their queue. Was very frustrating. My only guess is that they are short staffed and or not pushing ACP with the same gusto it started with. -they did all eventually get recorded. Be persistent.

I know for sure that Saylor is seeking independent ACE credit from courses that were previously approved under their ACP designation - and I noticed a couple colleges are no longer active on their list. Also, they are due to renew shortly, and there hasn't been any growth in the program that I can see. My prediction is that ACP is in hospice.

EDIT to add: I just looked at my Facebook messages between me and Steve (he runs the ACP and their social media account) he was previously quick to reply- but my last message to him on November 11th is still not showing as read.
Oh, no!  I hope not before I manage to finish Statistics. Sad
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

(11-27-2017, 09:52 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Oh, no!  I hope not before I manage to finish Statistics. Sad

I didn't check them all, but they look like most expire 3/2018

It's showing the only 2 stats ACP courses as being Saylor and Pearson- are you doing Saylor?
Yes, Saylor. Assuming I don't get halfway through and decide it's a lost cause. haha Math is not my thing. I'm hoping this one is heavy enough on methods, rather than the actual figuring, that I can manage it.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

(11-28-2017, 12:19 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Yes, Saylor. Assuming I don't get halfway through and decide it's a lost cause. haha Math is not my thing. I'm hoping this one is heavy enough on methods, rather than the actual figuring, that I can manage it.

If you bail, the DSST exam is doable. I passed it using only Khan Academy and Learner.org's Against All Odds videos. (not mathy at all)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Latin Credit Chimera 5 415 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Upper-Level History Credit Miggies 9 781 07-24-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: wow
Question Have any of y'all gotten Sophia credit at a Tennessee State school? tennessee123 1 293 06-26-2024, 11:30 AM
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 15 2,939 05-08-2024, 07:32 PM
  Biology & Chemistry Online for College Credit? Spaceghost 3 487 05-08-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 1,656 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 1,063 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 909 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 1,195 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 4,758 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20