Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE course/credit for French?
Hey folks! I’m currently working on knocking out as many credits as I can in hopes of transferring them to UMPI. I know the regular suggestion is to take the Instacert for Spanish. I was wondering, however, if any one knows an equivalent or an ACE course somewhere I can take for French? As a Canadian, I’ve taken a bunch of French classes (and try to keep up with it via Duolingo), so I feel like that’ll be a quicker/easier ride for me. Thanks!
Do you have access to a Canadian CLEP center? Otherwise, an ACTFL exam might be the best way to go. I can't remember if someone transferred in an ACTFL exam to UMPI or were just inquiring about it. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/AC...Languages)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • canuckian, Pikachu
Where in Canada are you? Easiest and most credits would be the ACTFL, you need to email UMPI if they would accept that through ACE/Credly. If you're close to a test center across the boarder <yes, they may open the border soon>, then you can do the CLEP at a CLEP test center for free with ModernStates.org - sign up, review/renew your knowledge!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • canuckian
(06-15-2021, 06:56 PM)canuckian Wrote: Hey folks! I’m currently working on knocking out as many credits as I can in hopes of transferring them to UMPI. I know the regular suggestion is to take the Instacert for Spanish. I was wondering, however, if any one knows an equivalent or an ACE course somewhere I can take for French? As a Canadian, I’ve taken a bunch of French classes (and try to keep up with it via Duolingo), so I feel like that’ll be a quicker/easier ride for me. Thanks!

Spanish is the recommendation because it's easiest to find as ACE credit. You can do it with InstantCert which is the cheapest and Study.com. They'll actually accept several languages. You can also take Spanish and French at UMPI in the YourPace program. Those are the only languages offered in YourPace at this time. Whatever you find, definitely check with them before you take it to see if they'll accept the credit outside of InstantCert and Study.com.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • canuckian
I'd contact them and see if they'll take ACTFL, because that's by far the easiest way to get French credit - and lots more than CLEP. You just schedule a time to do it online, and do a OPIc exam for $108, and you can score enough to get 12cr with that one exam (the higher you score, the more credit you can get). https://www.languagetesting.com/lti/prod...ng_id/7130?

You get an e-certificate giving your score, and then can get a badge (I think) on Credly - and then the ACE National Guide tells them how many credits you get based on your score. https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...Active%22)

Normally a school needs your e-cert (to see your score) and then can check the ACE National Guide themselves, I'm not even certain you need a Credly badge for it. My guess is UMPI will accept the exam, and go by ACE, and so whatever you get, extras beyond what you need in the GEC will go to Free Electives.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • canuckian, Pikachu
Thanks so much for the responses, everyone! I appreciate it.

I'll look into ACTFL more and see how easy it would be to do that. I went on InstantCert just now to actually check (silly me, I should have done this first!) their course offerings, and it looks like that really may be the easiest option in terms of convenience. I just might take this as a learning opportunity, if ACTFL works out to be too cumbersome.

Thank you again!
(06-15-2021, 09:18 PM)canuckian Wrote: Thanks so much for the responses, everyone! I appreciate it.

I'll look into ACTFL more and see how easy it would be to do that. I went on InstantCert just now to actually check (silly me, I should have done this first!) their course offerings, and it looks like that really may be the easiest option in terms of convenience. I just might take this as a learning opportunity, if ACTFL works out to be too cumbersome.

Thank you again!

ACTFL isn't cumbersome at all - it's done entirely online, and it's a conversation in French with the computer - so no course to go through.  There are also reading, listening, & writing exams if you want to do one of those instead (or all or some of them).  Just depends on how fluent you are in each area, and how much you want to spend.  Listening & reading are actually cheaper, and all LL credit.  If you just want something to show that you have the language at the 101 level, those might be better (they're less than $60 each).  All can be done online, and immediately.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College credit for EMT-Basic Certification Stonybeach 7 376 08-05-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  trying to complete French Teaching License NYC putterlee 1 165 07-29-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Assistance with Credit Transfer & Fast, Affordable & Efficient Degree Completion Plan PositiveSoul 9 726 06-24-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: PositiveSoul
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 13 1,611 06-20-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Ivo Lah
  Upper-level credit/BYU Independent Study alternatives clarissa23 10 797 05-24-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: evergreen
  Canadian 90 credit BA -> any 120 credit BA rarebird 4 611 05-07-2024, 01:59 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 609 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
Wink Fast RA Credit Options User7364 9 1,111 01-04-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Mature student seeks help with college credit/bypassing courses. Psychology oriented. Cyath 27 3,173 11-12-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Self Paced RA credit for English Literature? rlw74 4 924 06-11-2023, 02:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77