Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Transcript Service ~ Anyone use them?
Yes, if you want your CLEP score to be sent directly to TESC and to ACE, you will need to choose which one gets the "free" transcript included in the cost of your exam, and then the other one will need to be ordered using a transcript order form. In the future, if you only want to send to ACE and if you are certain they are not listed under the "DC" state list, you will need to have their complete mailing address with you (along with the 4-digit code if you have it). Thetest center will have you complete a form which is used for institutions not on the pull-down list. This form will get faxed to CLEP Services for fulfillment (at no additional cost as long as you selected "not listed" from the pull-down list under the state).

DSST is completely different. You need to enter the 4-digit DSST recipient code (not the same as the CLEP code) on your registration page. If your institution does not have a DSST code, enter "7777" and then contact DSST via email (getcollegecredit@prometric.com) with your testing information (name, birthdate, test date, name of test, and the complete mailing address to use for your score recipient institution). This needs to happen no more than the day after your test. Here again, they will not charge you a transcript fee as long as you entered the 4-digit code above. If you left it blank, they will probably require you to send in one of their transcript request forms.
Thanks BGSU that is very descriptive and exactly what I was looking for. One last question are you sure its faxed? I asked if she could 2 day mail it and I would pay the difference to TESC and she said that she couldn't because they had to use a certain envelope to send it to CLEP. So I'm worried that she will mail it to CLEP and next week CLEP will then mail it to TESC so its going to take at least 2 weeks to be done. I'm wishing I had chosen a different testing center now hahaha cause they knew less than me regarding this which was scary. She kept saying no no CLEP is ACE they same I'm like ummm then why they have to register with themselves.
SL Freshman - Intro to Psych,Intro to Bus,Bus Comm,Macro & Micro Economics, Biology w/lab,Crim Just,Acct1&2, Intro to Soc.
SL BOGO - English Comp II,Western Civ. I,
Fema - 12 classes
Aleks - Intermed. Algebra, College Algebra, Business Statistics, Pre-Calculus
CC B&M 45 Credit Hours
Penn Foster - BUS 110 BUS 425 BUS 430 FIN 301

A.A.S Computer Studies Conferred March ,2012 - TESC (34 B&M,12 Fema,12 Aleks/ACE,3 SL )
BSBA CIS - TESC (waiting for confirmation 9-2012)
CompTIA A+, Net+, Linux+, Security+
Microsoft MOS, MCITP,MCSA 2008
The test administrator needs to completely read the form "College-Level Examination Program Score Report Request Form" as it states in the directions that the completed form can be sent to CLEP Services by mail or by fax (the number is right there on the form) or even by email (as an attachment). I personally always use the fax method and have never had any problems reported by my testing candidates.
Oh, and the confusion with using the term "ACE" is that it refers to totally different organizations. If anyone ever questions you, just use the longer, spelled-out name of the organization. The CLEP test centers are going to assume that ACE = American Council on Education. You are looking at the same organization, but a branch that deals specifically with transcripting services.
I took a clep around 3 years ago, and never got it sent to ACE. I think I put down on the test itself I wanted it to go to ACE, but apparantly, there is no record of my test sent over to them. I just registered with them online, but can't seem to pull up anything on my clep. I was reading here on some post that certain things can be mailed to ACE to have them submit them. I should send in my FAA AirFrame and PowerPlant license, which is worth 67 credits and a copy or something of my clep exam. Can I do this?
I took a clep a few years back, I put on the exam I wanted it to go to ACE, but apparantly, this never transcribed. They have no such record. Did you ever call and speak to an ACE person on the phone? OMG! Here is what I found out. Because I wasn't registered with ACE online, and they received clep scores, they claim they had no social security to match the clep, so they deep six it in the trash can, don't hang on to those for very long. So another words, for me in order to send ace my clep scores, I would have to pay 20 bucks for clep to send them to ace.
29palms Wrote:I took a clep a few years back, I put on the exam I wanted it to go to ACE, but apparantly, this never transcribed. They have no such record. Did you ever call and speak to an ACE person on the phone? OMG! Here is what I found out. Because I wasn't registered with ACE online, and they received clep scores, they claim they had no social security to match the clep, so they deep six it in the trash can, don't hang on to those for very long. So another words, for me in order to send ace my clep scores, I would have to pay 20 bucks for clep to send them to ace.

That sucks.

When I was registered with ACE to submit my Aleks scores, they had my social and everything. I guess if they don't have that already they aren't going to maintain a record of it. That's unfortunate they have no way to record those. I guess you could setup an account beforehand, but it's too late for this time but not the next.
CLEP: Intro. Psychology -- 69, American Literature -- 61

CLEP's I want to pass:

German (60 or higher)
Calculus
29palms Wrote:I took a clep a few years back, I put on the exam I wanted it to go to ACE, but apparantly, this never transcribed. They have no such record. Did you ever call and speak to an ACE person on the phone? OMG! Here is what I found out. Because I wasn't registered with ACE online, and they received clep scores, they claim they had no social security to match the clep, so they deep six it in the trash can, don't hang on to those for very long. So another words, for me in order to send ace my clep scores, I would have to pay 20 bucks for clep to send them to ace.

You're adding a step that you don't need to. First, no one needs to send anything to ACE ever unless they take a class/exam with a company that is not a college or does not have an official transcript. An example of when you would use ACE is if you took a course through Straighterline or ALEKS, or had a special Continuing Education course through something in industry that awarded credit via this process.

CLEP and DSST exams do not need to go to ACE, in fact, doing so is a complete waste of time. CLEP/DSST scores are held officially for 20 years, and when you apply to college, you'll need an official transcript anyway- which costs just $20 for ALL SCORES to be mailed at one shot.

29Palms, your CLEP scores are on record with The College Board. Once you rack up more or all of them that you plan to take, you'll request -in writing- that your one transcript be mailed to TESC. Again, it will cost one fee of $20. EVEN IF you had put your CLEP score on the ACE transcript years ago, you'd still have to contact College Board for an official transcript.

Also, for anyone, opening an ACE account takes 3 minutes- is free- and can be done online. If you just randomly send them stuff without having an account, what should they do with it? You need to create an account first.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 4 1,008 07-30-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,482 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 731 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best Foreign Credentials Evaluator Service mariobros1985 10 1,701 11-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Chankosumo
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,892 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,653 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 3,734 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Transcript Designations vintage_jacket 2 856 09-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  My master "Omni Transcript" jsd 26 7,331 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
  CyberCorps Scholarship for Service (SFS) program nyvrem 0 697 08-13-2022, 10:23 AM
Last Post: nyvrem