Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
Odd. I just spoke with the Sophia staff. They said that they have received requests to manually add older credits to acclaim. However, it turned out to be impossible. Apparently, you can't do it retroactively. The confusion continues.
Excellent ! ?
(11-10-2020, 12:51 PM)openair Wrote: Odd. I just spoke with the Sophia staff. They said that they have received requests to manually add older credits to acclaim. However, it turned out to be impossible. Apparently, you can't do it retroactively. The confusion continues.

CSM added their course to my daughter's Acclaim account retroactively. It can be done.

I added my twins' csmlearn and their SDC classes to Acclaim. They were all taken last year.
So, yes, it can be done.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(11-10-2020, 01:44 PM)TwinMom Wrote: I added my twins' csmlearn and their SDC classes to Acclaim.  They were all taken last year.
So, yes, it can be done.

Good to know. It's too bad that the Sophia customer service has no knowledge of it. Maybe they're not communicating with the IT department, although the chat person said that he was checking with them.
(11-10-2020, 11:18 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Question ? With all the changes and uncertainty what would be the safest way to make sure all of your ace credits From Sophia are Accepted at tesu ? I know the obvious way is to apply and enroll but what if your plan is to complete all courses through outside providers like study.com and your plan is to just take the cornerstone and capstone through tesu. Which will be probably around 2 years away. Get what I’m trying to say ? You can’t enroll at tesu until it’s time to take those last two courses. So there’s a possible risk spending a couple of years knocking out provider courses through Study.com Danvar instantcert Sophia coppersmiths ect.

As others have already said, it's best to enroll ASAP to ensure that your credits and the current catalog is secure. Case in point: I technically started my journey about 2 years ago but it's only been in this year that I've been able to make real progress on my degree. In the meantime, TESU has dropped Shmoop from its accepted list of providers (they were going to be the main source of my credits at the time) and added the cornerstone requirement. If I had stayed enrolled and sent in Shmoop credits back then, I wouldn't have to pay the extra money for the cornerstone now and I'd at least be able to have the English degree I started out with. Not enrolling and sending in your credits on a regular basis could mean that the requirements change out from under you and you wind up having to complete a bunch of unnecessary courses.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ctcarl, davewill, openair
(11-10-2020, 01:22 PM)Murdockb Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 12:51 PM)openair Wrote: Odd. I just spoke with the Sophia staff. They said that they have received requests to manually add older credits to acclaim. However, it turned out to be impossible. Apparently, you can't do it retroactively. The confusion continues.

CSM added their course to my daughter's Acclaim account retroactively. It can be done.
CSM has had their badge hosted on Acclaim for quite a while now. At least since March when I added it(before I knew of the new ACE/Acclaim situation).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • openair
(11-10-2020, 01:48 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 11:18 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Question ? With all the changes and uncertainty what would be the safest way to make sure all of your ace credits From Sophia are Accepted at tesu ? I know the obvious way is to apply and enroll but what if your plan is to complete all courses through outside providers like study.com and your plan is to just take the cornerstone and capstone through tesu. Which will be probably around 2 years away. Get what I’m trying to say ? You can’t enroll at tesu until it’s time to take those last two courses. So there’s a possible risk spending a couple of years knocking out provider courses through Study.com Danvar instantcert Sophia coppersmiths ect.

As others have already said, it's best to enroll ASAP to ensure that your credits and the current catalog is secure. Case in point: I technically started my journey about 2 years ago but it's only been in this year that I've been able to make real progress on my degree. In the meantime, TESU has dropped Shmoop from its accepted list of providers (they were going to be the main source of my credits at the time) and added the cornerstone requirement. If I had stayed enrolled and sent in Shmoop credits back then, I wouldn't have to pay the extra money for the cornerstone now and I'd at least be able to have the English degree I started out with. Not enrolling and sending in your credits on a regular basis could mean that the requirements change out from under you and you wind up having to complete a bunch of unnecessary courses.
Your situation is exactly what I’ve been worried about. I should’ve asked about it sooner, but better late than never. I will apply and enroll in tecep. Thanks A lot  for the help.

It can be done. They just don't know what they're doing. ACE is not going to be issuing a paper transcript anymore so all of the providers of they want to stay a provider are going to have to move and move everything not just the courses after a specific date. This is probably a massive project for Sophia in a short amount of time. They were all kind of thrown into this and ACE hasn't been exactly helpful.

(11-10-2020, 01:48 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

Oh that is a huge bummer! That really does suck. I feel for you. I have 2 associate degrees and most colleges won't touch many of the credits because of their age. Never mind that much of the material hasn't changed. For awhile it made me feel like those 3 years were a complete waste of time and money. I did find schools that would accept them eventually, but it took a lot to find them.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • openair, rachel83az
(11-10-2020, 01:48 PM)rachel83az Wrote: As others have already said, it's best to enroll ASAP to ensure that your credits and the current catalog is secure. Case in point: I technically started my journey about 2 years ago but it's only been in this year that I've been able to make real progress on my degree. In the meantime, TESU has dropped Shmoop from its accepted list of providers (they were going to be the main source of my credits at the time) and added the cornerstone requirement. If I had stayed enrolled and sent in Shmoop credits back then, I wouldn't have to pay the extra money for the cornerstone now and I'd at least be able to have the English degree I started out with. Not enrolling and sending in your credits on a regular basis could mean that the requirements change out from under you and you wind up having to complete a bunch of unnecessary courses.

Amen. I avoided a capstone, cornerstone and math requirement (among other things) by enrolling and paying the yearly student fees.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Latin Credit Chimera 5 478 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Upper-Level History Credit Miggies 9 861 07-24-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: wow
Question Have any of y'all gotten Sophia credit at a Tennessee State school? tennessee123 1 318 06-26-2024, 11:30 AM
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 15 3,052 05-08-2024, 07:32 PM
  Biology & Chemistry Online for College Credit? Spaceghost 3 512 05-08-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 17 1,978 05-02-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 1,740 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 1,107 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 937 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 1,239 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM