Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Capstone samples???
OK...super frustrating.   My mentor said it would be 'unethical' of him to share any samples of other people's capstones.  

I KNOW I've read in here that other mentors have shared samples.   Can anyone share samples here?  the 'new textbook' for the course is not as helpful as I had hoped it would be.   I'm struggling with the wording on some areas and it seems like my only other source for sample papers would be to pay for something like Coursehero.  

can anyone help?
Here's one thread with one sample: http://degreeforum.net/mybb/showthread.php?tid=18568

and this one had the most examples but it is not working currently with the new board: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...helps.html

I will see if I have it screenshotted or links saved and let you know
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
THANK YOU!! I dont know why that didnt show up when I did a search!
They prob didn't show up in your search since it's a new board? I don't know. I had it saved to my toolbar as I'm in capstone now. :-)

Here is the link to one example paper, and you can look on the right (on the page inside this link) for some other samples listed. They may or may not be great, I can't say, but at least it gives some examples.

https://www.slideshare.net/GrahamPritcha...one-thesis
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
(08-06-2017, 07:01 PM)CM1999 Wrote: OK...super frustrating.   My mentor said it would be 'unethical' of him to share any samples of other people's capstones.  

I KNOW I've read in here that other mentors have shared samples.   Can anyone share samples here?  the 'new textbook' for the course is not as helpful as I had hoped it would be.   I'm struggling with the wording on some areas and it seems like my only other source for sample papers would be to pay for something like Coursehero.  

can anyone help?

The mentor I have just put up 6 great examples on the moodle announcements page.
I don't see how it is unethical when people search and use academic papers all the time.
TESU: Capstone completed Big Grin
Study.com: Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction (6)
Patten: Academic Strategies, Child Growth and Development, Reading, Writing, and Research, Social Psych, Lifespan Development, American Government (18)
Shmoop: Drugs in Lit, Holocaust Lit, Poetry, Lit in the Media, Modernist Lit, Shakespeare's Plays, Western Lit, Women's Lit, British Lit, Euro History (30)
SL: Cultural Anthropology, English Comp I, English Comp II, Biology, Intro Comm, Environmental Science, Philosophy, C++,  Religion (27)
TEEX: Cyber Security for Business Professionals, Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for IT Professionals (6)
Sophia: Art History, Psychology, Sociology, Visual Comm, Dev Teams  (13)
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics, Trigonometry (15)
NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators (2)
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences (3)
ACTFL: Reading Proficiency Test (6)
CPCU: Ethics (2)
(08-06-2017, 07:01 PM)CM1999 Wrote: OK...super frustrating.   My mentor said it would be 'unethical' of him to share any samples of other people's capstones.  

can anyone help?

It would be unethical to share them without permission. He's just too lazy to get permission from one of his students.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • rlw74, scout2family, socsci
Exactly what davewill said...he can do it if he has permission. Mine shared a sample paper. Granted, it was outdated in the sense it was following an old APA format and that was slightly problematic if you were relying on it as a crutch to learn APA. However, as far as structure of needing to know how the paper should be styled - it was exactly what I needed. I never had to guess at what my mentor wanted with the sample paper.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
I find the sample questions and sub-questions in the e-book to be very helpful. Check out pages 42-44.

Here is the link to the e-book:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Hl0w2...5xTHc/view
[-] The following 2 users Like CollegeKid's post:
  • Life Long Learning, n2yoga
My mentor is not helpful either, but yours sounds worse.
We have some examples. I am a creative project but I gave up because my mentor just kept sending me 'form answers' and didn't want to engage at all about it.
I'm sorry, I just feel about like you do. Not enough help.
(08-10-2017, 04:51 PM)mabby Wrote: My mentor is not helpful either, but yours sounds worse.
We have some examples. I am a creative project but I gave up because my mentor just kept sending me 'form answers' and didn't want to engage at all about it.
I'm sorry, I just feel about like you do. Not enough help.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything... but do either of you want to share who your professor is? May help others in the future know who to avoid...?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,159 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,344 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,766 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,676 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 5,028 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Capstone TESU d.cononge 16 4,838 06-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JayUsher
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,569 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  URGENT HELP NEEDED! Survey on Online Digital Learning due by 23 June for Capstone! Nightmoves5 6 1,808 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: fork
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone omuneek 8 2,630 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Just finished my Lib Arts Capstone at TESU jsh1138 32 6,167 06-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: jsh1138