Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else?
I just enrolled in the July term for BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone. I'm a little nervous because I've never done anything as writing intensive as this, but I'm excited to get it done. After this, I'll just have the Computer courses and some Gen Ed electives. Anybody else going in July?
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
I am going into the June one. Will keep you updated Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Excellente's post:
  • camjenks
I am currently in the May one if anyone has questions let me know, I am just starting the fourth module.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tobyisking's post:
  • camjenks
(05-22-2018, 10:08 AM)tobyisking Wrote: I am currently in the May one if anyone has questions let me know, I am just starting the fourth module.

How are you finding the case studies? Is it difficult and time consuming or no big deal?
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
(05-22-2018, 10:22 AM)camjenks Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 10:08 AM)tobyisking Wrote: I am currently in the May one if anyone has questions let me know, I am just starting the fourth module.

How are you finding the case studies? Is it difficult and time consuming or no big deal?

I do not think they are to big of a deal,  the first one took me maybe four hours tops. I got %100 on the first one.  My biggest problem was honestly just starting it, they seem kinda overwhelming at first but once you get going its no big deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tobyisking's post:
  • camjenks
tobyisking,
is it just one assignment per week? Would that be in addition to working on the 25+ paper?
I liked the case studies, I got 100% on all of them.

The main things I tell everyone:

1) Stay on top of your reading
2) Stay on time with your assignments
3) Start your capstone early
- who cares which of the 3 topics you choose, all are kind of dumb and outdated, just pick one and go for it
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • mc.christi
(05-22-2018, 12:24 PM)Excellente Wrote: tobyisking,
is it just one assignment per week? Would that be in addition to working on the 25+ paper?

It depends, I took the online version and not the guided study version. Most weeks you have a discussion post to do and you also have to respond to two other students post. Usually you have one case study due a week. The paper you do not start until around week 7 or so, of course you can get started on it as soon as you want, which I recomend. Another thing is you are not limited to only doing what is required that week. If you have some extra time you can get ahead on the discussion posts and case studies, all the info and questions are available once you start the class.
I would say the discussion posts including responding to other students posts took me 90 minutes tops a week
Case Studies once I did the first one,  they took me about 3-4 hours
I was beyond terrified for this class, but once you get in it and start working it really is not that bad. 
To put it into perspective I am taking the capstone, plus another class from TESU, and have completed an additional 15 credits since starting in  May
Thank you, that is helpful feedback. It seems less scary then I assumed  Smile. Except for the paper then...
What about the textbook, any tips on that? Where to get? Older edition OK? Is it needed? This is the one listed for June:

• Thompson, A. A., Peteraf, M. A., Gamble, J. E., & Strickland, A. J. III (2018). Crafting and executing strategy: The quest for competitive advantage, concepts and cases (21st ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
ISBN-13: 978-1259732782
Thats the one I got, I do know getting the latest edition is important for the case studies, since the info needs to be up to date. I rented mine off of Amazon for 70 bucks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,299 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
Question TESU - current status "Applicant" - how to change to "Enrolled?" Kelly Green 3 2,046 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  July 2018 current fees at the Big 3 dfrecore 70 12,905 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: KawJa
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,672 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,018 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,734 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,827 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,680 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,669 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: davewill