Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
University of the People now accepts Ace credits - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: University of the People now accepts Ace credits (/Thread-University-of-the-People-now-accepts-Ace-credits)

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - Notgodot - 07-02-2017

Some might find this good news:

Link: http://www.uopeople.edu/become-student/application/transferring-credits-to-university-of-the-people/?iesrc=ctr

Quote:Submitting proof of course completion may be satisfied the Submission of

AP courses: the record of the test results
ACE: an ACE CREDIT transcript
For US institutions: an official transcript or copy
For non-Us institutions: a transcript and evaluation from a recognized foreign evaluation service

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - Life Long Learning - 07-02-2017

Great news.....as UofP matures I bet they will accept even more!:hurray:

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - RANSOMSOUL - 07-02-2017

Nice addition....

There is a long list of National schools that have posts with a theme on them one day earning RA status. University of The People has some nice momentum in their corner and if they choose, I would not be surprised to see them earn RA accreditation.

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - sanantone - 07-02-2017

I would like to see them change their name. I wonder if they know about NCCRS.

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - Thorne - 07-02-2017

sanantone Wrote:I would like to see them change their name. I wonder if they know about NCCRS.

Same here. The first time I heard people talking about the dumpster fire that was (is?) UoP, I honestly thought, "Wait, University of the People is a degree mill?" After a few days of this, I caught on to the University of Phoenix thing (holy crap, $600/credit. Who actually wants to go there? Even without proctoring, that's a sham)

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - sanantone - 07-02-2017

Thorne Wrote:Same here. The first time I heard people talking about the dumpster fire that was (is?) UoP, I honestly thought, "Wait, University of the People is a degree mill?" After a few days of this, I caught on to the University of Phoenix thing (holy crap, $600/credit. Who actually wants to go there? Even without proctoring, that's a sham)

It's just hard to take seriously. It sounds like a university in a communist country.

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - Thorne - 07-03-2017

sanantone Wrote:It's just hard to take seriously. It sounds like a university in a communist country.

"Welcome to the University of the People comrade, here we will discuss the approved methods of journalism and the meaning of children shows like "Shoe and Lace," where one is meaningless without the other. Oh, and the class average is PASS, so enjoy your state-granted gray shirts and daily piece of bread. Do not worry about him, the gulag waits for those who refuse to work for the good of all..."

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - rlw74 - 07-03-2017

My first thought when hearing the name was that it wasn't a real university. It was the name more than anything that made me avoid it. I know I hear that other universities take their classes as transfer credit and it's legitimately accredited but I guarantee if I saw it on a resume I would think it was a joke. And most employers won't take the time to check it out. They'll just toss that resume into the reject pile.

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - Notgodot - 07-03-2017

The name wouldn't be an issue in SE Asia, where I live. Or in most of the areas students are most likely to come from. It's a big old world.

University of the People now accepts Ace credits - clep3705 - 07-03-2017

I could accept the name if the school was regionally accredited.