• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of the People now accepts Ace credits
Some might find this good news:

Link: http://www.uopeople.edu/become-student/a...?iesrc=ctr

Quote:Submitting proof of course completion may be satisfied the Submission of

AP courses: the record of the test results
ACE: an ACE CREDIT transcript
For US institutions: an official transcript or copy
For non-Us institutions: a transcript and evaluation from a recognized foreign evaluation service
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
Great news.....as UofP matures I bet they will accept even more!:hurray:
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Nice addition....

There is a long list of National schools that have posts with a theme on them one day earning RA status. University of The People has some nice momentum in their corner and if they choose, I would not be surprised to see them earn RA accreditation.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I would like to see them change their name. I wonder if they know about NCCRS.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I would like to see them change their name. I wonder if they know about NCCRS.

Same here. The first time I heard people talking about the dumpster fire that was (is?) UoP, I honestly thought, "Wait, University of the People is a degree mill?" After a few days of this, I caught on to the University of Phoenix thing (holy crap, $600/credit. Who actually wants to go there? Even without proctoring, that's a sham)
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Thorne Wrote:Same here. The first time I heard people talking about the dumpster fire that was (is?) UoP, I honestly thought, "Wait, University of the People is a degree mill?" After a few days of this, I caught on to the University of Phoenix thing (holy crap, $600/credit. Who actually wants to go there? Even without proctoring, that's a sham)

It's just hard to take seriously. It sounds like a university in a communist country.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:It's just hard to take seriously. It sounds like a university in a communist country.

"Welcome to the University of the People comrade, here we will discuss the approved methods of journalism and the meaning of children shows like "Shoe and Lace," where one is meaningless without the other. Oh, and the class average is PASS, so enjoy your state-granted gray shirts and daily piece of bread. Do not worry about him, the gulag waits for those who refuse to work for the good of all..."
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
My first thought when hearing the name was that it wasn't a real university. It was the name more than anything that made me avoid it. I know I hear that other universities take their classes as transfer credit and it's legitimately accredited but I guarantee if I saw it on a resume I would think it was a joke. And most employers won't take the time to check it out. They'll just toss that resume into the reject pile.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
The name wouldn't be an issue in SE Asia, where I live. Or in most of the areas students are most likely to come from. It's a big old world.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
I could accept the name if the school was regionally accredited.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 220 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,609 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,542 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,934 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 478 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar