Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant?
What the title says... 

Am I right in thinking that "full time enrollment" is a minimum of 12 credit hours per "semester" (4 months), so 2 classes (3-credits each) in one UMPI 8-week term is considered full-time?

I'm thinking it might be better for me to do classes directly through UMPI and not Study.com because I qualify for the full Pell grant...
Current Goal:
UMPI: B.A. Psychology (International Studies Minor)

I'm 42% through my degree!

Earned:  
Sophia: 48 credits
RA: 3 credits
(03-25-2024, 06:13 PM)RachelB Wrote: What the title says... 

Am I right in thinking that "full time enrollment" is a minimum of 12 credit hours per "semester" (4 months), so 2 classes (3-credits each) in one UMPI 8-week term is considered full-time?

I'm thinking it might be better for me to do classes directly through UMPI and not Study.com because I qualify for the full Pell grant...

Yes, Full Time for UMPI is 12 semester hours in a full 16 week semester term. You can register for 6 hours in each 8 week session to receive the full time rate for Pell Grant, but you have to actually attend BOTH sessions to receive the full award. If you take 12 sem hours in only one session and skip the second session, then you are still considered "Full Time" but you will only receive half of the semester award.
(03-25-2024, 07:43 PM)turbotortuga Wrote: Yes, Full Time for UMPI is 12 semester hours in a full 16 week semester term. You can register for 6 hours in each 8 week session to receive the full time rate for Pell Grant, but you have to actually attend BOTH sessions to receive the full award. If you take 12 sem hours in only one session and skip the second session, then you are still considered "Full Time" but you will only receive half of the semester award.

I received the full Pell Grant the term I completed 12+ credits and didn't take the second term. I was full time for that semester because I completed 12+ credits in Spring 1.
Basically, you want to pace yourself forward. What I mean by that is, not rush and to get a better GPA, plus the max use of your Pell Grant. Since you get the full amount, I suggest to have a degree plan that maxes the transfer of credit, allowing you 10 classes, mix/match those 10 classes and see if you can finish at minimum 5 classes each session. You can plan forward by taking 3-4 classes that can go towards the MAOL later if you decide to go that route, each session would be 15 credits, maybe switch it a bit and do 18 credits for the first session and the 3-4 MAOL transferable classes in the second session.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 125 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 274 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 273 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 194 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 179 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 329 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 307 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 188 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,634 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,496 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley