Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Sophia College of IT no courses anymore?
I went on the WGU Sophia partners page today https://partners.wgu.edu/transferring-pa...instId=796 and it looks like there are no courses. All other colleges have Sophia courses, so I am assuming this might be some website error. I called up WGU enrollment counselors, the person I talked to had no idea. I have also been emailing with another counselor, I emailed her, she did not receive any info but she's looking it.

I assume this is some site problem, but just wanted to see if anyone else knew something about this?

Quick edit: Sophia courses on their site show that WGU college of IT as one of their partners for various courses (US Government course no longer seems to credit transferable for college of IT based on the course description page).
[-] The following 1 user Likes jobojoe285's post:
  • Darknigh7
(04-01-2024, 10:52 AM)jobojoe285 Wrote: I went on the WGU Sophia partners page today https://partners.wgu.edu/transferring-pa...instId=796 and it looks like there are no courses. All other colleges have Sophia courses, so I am assuming this might be some website error. I called up WGU enrollment counselors, the person I talked to had no idea. I have also been emailing with another counselor, I emailed her, she did not receive any info but she's looking it.

I assume this is some site problem, but just wanted to see if anyone else knew something about this?

I would guess they are updating, which caused the error. Webmasters love tearing crap up when they update. Lol.

If you notice, BS Psychology is available as an option for Sophia, not under Study.com. They are in the middle of an update, I guess.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
WGU has been making a ton of changes with ACE credits over the last 6+ months.
(04-01-2024, 11:27 AM)ss20ts Wrote: WGU has been making a ton of changes with ACE credits over the last 6+ months.

Do they frequently add and remove credit courses from programs?
It's back working again.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
Patience is a virtue, they fixed it, I was able to go through various Sophia.org degree link options.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-01-2024, 11:37 AM)jobojoe285 Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 11:27 AM)ss20ts Wrote: WGU has been making a ton of changes with ACE credits over the last 6+ months.

Do they frequently add and remove credit courses from programs?

Like I said they've been a lot of changes to the ACE credit transfers the last 6+ months. Seems like they've been going through every program. They do periodically review all programs. They have to for accreditation purposes and profitability purposes.
(04-01-2024, 11:55 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Patience is a virtue, they fixed it, I was able to go through various Sophia.org degree link options.

Well, now I'm curious about what is going to transfer to the psychology degree. So far they only show 1 course for Sophia  Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 379 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
Star How The Heck do I fund college, with no aid? TaraD2020 13 1,048 03-09-2024, 11:47 PM
Last Post: natshar
  How fast (in how many days) can you realistically finish Sophia, etc. or WGU course? whiverem 32 7,732 01-19-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com Math - College Algebra & Statistics Marsbar 11 1,133 12-21-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Marsbar
  Sophia Learning vs. Study.com BrotherG 8 1,647 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,088 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Where can you take courses from study.com that are not longer accepted for CS major? whiverem 11 1,434 06-13-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: whiverem
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,672 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU Remaining Courses Indy73 6 1,371 11-13-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU - faster to just do it all there - or - Sophia/Study.com???? esh 19 14,581 08-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts