Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI YourPace Catalog Summer 2023
Hmm, wasn't it just two sciences - a natural science with lab and a non lab science? So, for example, they already have Human Biology and Environmental science, can't they just take the Human Biology Lab along and be done with it?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-03-2023, 09:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, wasn't it just two sciences - a natural science with lab and a non lab science?  So, for example, they already have Human Biology and Environmental science, can't they just take the Human Biology Lab along and be done with it?

No, you've got it slightly confused. You need a biological science and a physical science. At least one of these needs a lab. Sophia offers a few options now, but the easiest for most is going to be Human Biology w/ lab and Environmental Science. Another possibility would be Intro to Chemistry w/ lab and Intro to Nutrition.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-03-2023, 11:40 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 09:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, wasn't it just two sciences - a natural science with lab and a non lab science?  So, for example, they already have Human Biology and Environmental science, can't they just take the Human Biology Lab along and be done with it?

No, you've got it slightly confused. You need a biological science and a physical science. At least one of these needs a lab. Sophia offers a few options now, but the easiest for most is going to be Human Biology w/ lab and Environmental Science. Another possibility would be Intro to Chemistry w/ lab and Intro to Nutrition.

I had Intro to Chem plus Human Biology before I applied.  The chem lab was released first but before I was admitted, so I did the lab asap and therefore my physical science was covered (Chem), my biological science was covered (Human Bio) and I added the lab that marched the physical science (chem lab).  I don't think they care which one has a lab, as long as one of the two sciences has a matching lab from the same provider.
Completed
2023 UMPI Bachelor of Applied Science, Minors: Management Info Systems & Political Science, summa cum laude
2022 Pierpont BOG AAS, Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
[-] The following 2 users Like Tswede's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
To elaborate on what I mentioned earlier, you do need a natural science with lab and a non lab natural science. Natural science is split into multiple subjects, Bio, Chem, Environmental/Geology, Physics... Having said that, you need to make sure it hits all the objectives listed below, and you can do that by 'mix/match' of just two science courses.

Learning Objectives C
Students will demonstrate the ability to be consumers of biological and other scientific information to better inform one’s daily life.

BIO 103 - Human Biology 3 credits
BIO 104 - Introduction to Human Nutrition 3 credits
BIO 105 - Biology for Everyday Life 4 credits
BIO 112 - General Biology I 4 credits
BIO 262 - Human Anatomy & Physiology II 4 credits
BIO 300 - Human Nutrition 3 credits
HPR 101 - Lifelong Wellness 3 credits

Learning Objectives D
Students will be able to describe environmental or physical aspects of the Earth and its abiotic systems, and discuss humankind’s effect on and place within these systems.

CHY 111 - General Chemistry I 4 credits
CHY 112 - Intermediate Chemistry 4 credits
CHY 122 - General Chemistry II 4 credits
CHY 221 - Organic Chemistry I 4 credits
CHY 222 - Organic Chemistry II 4 credits
ENV 110 - Introduction to Environmental Science 3 credits
ENV 120 - Meteorology 3 credits
ENV 125 - Energy 3 credits
ENV 130 - Renewable Energy Resources 3 credits
ENV 201 - Fossil Fuels 3 credits
ENV 301 - Climate Change 3 credits
ENV 302 - Biodiversity and Climate Change 3 credits
ENV 308 - GIS I Fundamentals of GIS 4 credits
GEY 112 - Fundamentals of Geology 4 credits
GEY 114 - Historical Geology - History of Life 3 credits
PHY 153 - General Physics I 4 credits
PHY 154 - General Physics II 4 credits

Learning Objectives E
Students will perform scientific inquiry including aspects of the scientific method, such as observation, hypothesis, experiment, evaluation, and communication.

BIO 105 - Biology for Everyday Life 4 credits
BIO 112 - General Biology I 4 credits
BIO 113 - General Biology II 4 credits
BIO 261 - Human Anatomy & Physiology I 4 credits
CHY 111 - General Chemistry I 4 credits
CHY 112 - Intermediate Chemistry 4 credits
CHY 122 - General Chemistry II 4 credits
CHY 221 - Organic Chemistry I 4 credits
CHY 222 - Organic Chemistry II 4 credits
ENV 308 - GIS I Fundamentals of GIS 4 credits
GEY 112 - Fundamentals of Geology 4 credits
PHY 153 - General Physics I 4 credits
PHY 154 - General Physics II 4 credits

Looks like theoretically, UMPI would accept someone with either Environmental Science, Chemistry or Biology from Sophia or Geology or Metorology from other alt credit websites with Anatomy & Physiology I (plus lab)

What we don't know is if they have a class number for Microbiology.
(08-04-2023, 11:48 AM)Avidreader Wrote: Looks like theoretically, UMPI would accept someone with either Environmental Science, Chemistry or Biology from Sophia or Geology or Metorology from other alt credit websites with Anatomy & Physiology I (plus lab)

What we don't know is if they have a class number for Microbiology.

Microbiology does transfer to UMPI but isn't accepted for the GEC.

You MUST have a biological science at UMPI as it is 3C of the GEC. 3D is physical science. 3E is a lab science which can also be the science course from either 3C or 3D as long as it has a lab.
(08-04-2023, 10:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: To elaborate on what I mentioned earlier, you do need a natural science with lab and a non lab natural science.
Not quite right.  You need a biological science and a physical science plus a matching lab for one of those, but it can be either one.
Completed
2023 UMPI Bachelor of Applied Science, Minors: Management Info Systems & Political Science, summa cum laude
2022 Pierpont BOG AAS, Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tswede's post:
  • ss20ts
I hope they have more interesting courses than what is listed.  It seems like we are being forced to take everyone else’s minor courses to meet our free electives. For context: I am a BLS major.
(09-27-2023, 08:33 AM)Hwt673 Wrote: I hope they have more interesting courses than what is listed.  It seems like we are being forced to take everyone else’s minor courses to meet our free electives. For context: I am a BLS major.

You have control of what you want to take at UMPI, it doesn't have to fit the entire minor anyway, your minor doesn't have enough credits, you can also transfer classes from elsewhere, such as ACE options from Sophia.org, Study.com, etc. 60 credits are electives that can be anything you want...

Hello, everyone. I am a student of the second semester in the fall of 2023. The school replied that I can download the electronic diploma in four weeks. Where can I download it? I still haven't received the email from parchment prompting me to get the electronic diploma.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 119 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 271 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 272 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 193 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 178 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 329 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 306 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 188 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,616 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,494 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley