Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI Class Review Master Thread
(05-04-2023, 08:22 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 07:26 PM)Infinite-Telephone52 Wrote: Has anymore taken BUS 240- Change Management that can share their experience, or know if the final is an exam or paper? Thank you!

It was 2 papers when I took it a few years ago. A 5-7 page paper and a 1-2 page paper.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it! I was hoping I wouldn't have a 10-15 page paper for my first classes so that's great.
Name: BUS 307 - Fundamentals of Consumer Behavior
Subject: Business
Semester/Term: Summer 2023
Instructor: Trudel
Long or Short?: Short
Number of Outcomes: 5
Adaptive Outcomes?:  Yes
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: Essay (no word count)
Type of Final Assessment: Powerpoint
Notes & Overall Thoughts: will update later
UMPI BLS Management
Pierpont BoG AAS
(06-16-2023, 08:34 PM)upgrayedd Wrote: Name: BUS 307 - Fundamentals of Consumer Behavior
Semester/Term: Summer 2023
Instructor: Trudel
Number of Outcomes: 5
Adaptive Outcomes?:  Yes
Type of Milestone Activities: Essay (no word count)
Type of Final Assessment: Powerpoint
Notes & Overall Thoughts: will update later

Is the Final Assessment still creating a 30 second commercial?
(06-16-2023, 09:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Is the Final Assessment still creating a 30 second commercial?

Yes, that's what I'm working on right now. I feel like the instructions aren't very clear. How do I put a precisely 30 second commercial into 4 slides. Am I describing it? Are the slides like a storyboard for the video? Do I have just one slide where I speak for 30 seconds? Or is the audio in sections throughout the 4 slides totaling 30 seconds?
UMPI BLS Management
Pierpont BoG AAS
(06-16-2023, 11:28 PM)upgrayedd Wrote:
(06-16-2023, 09:54 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Is the Final Assessment still creating a 30 second commercial?

Yes, that's what I'm working on right now. I feel like the instructions aren't very clear. How do I put a precisely 30 second commercial into 4 slides. Am I describing it? Are the slides like a storyboard for the video? Do I have just one slide where I speak for 30 seconds? Or is the audio in sections throughout the 4 slides totaling 30 seconds?

You need to have audio in the slides. Not the cover slide or reference slide, but the others. And it has to be 30 seconds. I was over and he made me change it. Then I was under and I had to change it again. I had to edit out 75% of what I had in it. 30 seconds is soooo short. I speak pretty fast compared to most people and that was a problem. This was one of the most frustrating Final Assessments. I also didn't feel like a commercial really had anything to do with the text. It was just odd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • upgrayedd
(06-17-2023, 04:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You need to have audio in the slides. Not the cover slide or reference slide, but the others. And it has to be 30 seconds. I was over and he made me change it. Then I was under and I had to change it again. I had to edit out 75% of what I had in it. 30 seconds is soooo short. I speak pretty fast compared to most people and that was a problem. This was one of the most frustrating Final Assessments. I also didn't feel like a commercial really had anything to do with the text. It was just odd.

My audio is basically a 30 second audio infomercial with the requirements in the instructions. Even has music. I used the slides to visually represent the infomercial and dialogue, but couldn't get the slides to automatically advance and sync with the audio in UMPI's web version of Powerpoint. So I cut it into three 10 second audio files, one for each slide. The instructions said nothing about a cover or reference slide, it was fairly vague so I winged it. I can't turn it in yet because I'm waiting all weekend for milestones to be affirmed. Weird final.
UMPI BLS Management
Pierpont BoG AAS
Name: BUS141 Project Management 
Subject: Business/ Project Management 
Semester/Term: Summer 1 2023 
Instructor:  Richards 
Long or Short?: Medium 
Number of Outcomes: 18
Adaptive Outcomes?:  No 
Number of Milestone Activities: 0
Type of Milestone Activities: N/A 
Type of Final Assessment: 20 Page Project Plan 
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Use all the provided templates and fill them in , and you’ll get an A . 

Name: BUS240 Change Management 
Instructor: Michaud 
Number of Outcomes: 10
Adaptive Outcomes?: No 
Type of Milestone Activities:  Short 500 word response 
Type of Final Assessment: 2 Essays. One is a change management plan that is 5-7 pages . The next is a ‘reflection’ paper that is 1-2 pages. 
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Very straightforward, just read the material and apply the concepts and best practices into your essays . 

Name: BUS260 Leadership 
Instructor: Richards 
Long or Short?:  Medium 
Number of Outcomes: 16 
Number of Milestone Activities:
Type of Milestone Activities: Complete a required exercise/activity and then write a short 500 word blurb about it . 
Type of Final Assessment: 5-6 page essay on leadership 
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Very straightforward, just read the material and apply the concepts to your essay . 

Name: BUS321 Human Resource Management 
Instructor: Rockwell 
Number of Outcomes: 12 Outcomes with each having like 2-4 sub-outcomes 
Adaptive Outcomes?: Yes 
Type of Final Assessment: ~80 Question Multiple Choice Final Exam 
Notes & Overall Thoughts: I recommend saving your adaptives/ quizzes to study for the final exam. 

Name: HUM103 Creative and Critical Thinking 
Subject: Humanities/ Philosophy
Instructor: Frusciante 
Long or Short?: Long 
Number of Outcomes: 35
Adaptive Outcomes?:  No 
Type of Milestone Activities: Short 500 word response 
Type of Final Assessment: 8-11 Page Essay 
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Dr Frusciante is a tough grader, so you better read the material, have good sources, and follow the prompt and rubric to the T . 

Name: BUS415 Operations Management 
Instructor: Carolyn Dorsey 
Number of Outcomes: 14
Type of Final Assessment: 7-15 Powerpoint Presentation with voiceover analyzing a case study
Notes & Overall Thoughts: The FA instructions are kinda vague , so expect to do some external reading and research to be able to respond adequately. 

Name: COM210 Oral Communication 
Subject: Communications 
Instructor: Jennifer Lynds 
Long or Short?: Long 
Number of Outcomes: 24 
Number of Milestone Activities:
Type of Final Assessment: This is a big final assessment, possibly one of the biggest for YourPace Classes. 5 component project

1.) Topic Selection and Audience Analysis for a Speech , 1-2 pages 
2.) Full sentence (detailed) outline of speech - 3-4 pages 
3.) Speaking outline, i.e. Cue Cards for your speech in word format - 1-2 ‘page’
4.) Visual Aids used during speech (Powerpoint , Posters) 
5.) Video recording of you performing a 3-5 min speech in front of an audience with a minimum of 3 people, and you must be front and center ,you cannot simply do a voiceover of a powerpoint, you must be shown speaking.

Notes & Overall Thoughts: Do multiple takes of the 3-5 min speech and splice the best of each together 

[-] The following 4 users Like grogers14's post:
  • HeatherCO, origamishuttle, Pikachu, virino
@grogers14, great work with the course reviews, you did so many courses in one session!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-18-2023, 11:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @grogers14, great work with the course reviews, you did so many courses in one session!

Thanks ! And I even requested two more ????? I'm trying to maximize that $1400 !
I just realized where it asked for outcomes I did the individual number of chapters/concepts. For most of my courses taken , its only been 4-6 outcomes but some of them have several concepts

Name: BUS350 Business Law I 
Instructor: Ainsworth 
Number of Outcomes: 6 (Technically 7 but #7 is ‘Are you ready for the exam?’) 
Type of Milestone Activities: First one was a ~1 Page Response, the remaining two were to look something up outside the course material and respond, no word count 
Type of Final Assessment: MC Choice Exam 
Notes & Overall Thoughts:
Copy all the results for all quizzes in a Google Doc/Word Doc and use them to study .

When you miss a question, there's a blurb that highlights why the correct answer was the correct answer which you can use to pinpoint where in the course materials to study.

With the adaptives, there's a question ‘bank’ for each concept/sub-concept . You will only get more of the questions from the ‘bank’ if you ‘fail’ the adaptive, so I recommend intentionally failing the quizzes maybe once or twice to try and get the most questions to add to your google/word doc . 
[-] The following 2 users Like grogers14's post:
  • HeatherCO, samanthaschmidt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 116 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 256 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 268 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 190 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 172 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 321 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 304 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,610 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,493 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 503 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1