Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI Class Review Master Thread
(03-07-2024, 06:03 AM)ishady Wrote:
(07-14-2023, 08:49 PM)grogers14 Wrote: Name: BUS330 Marketing Management/Fundamentals of Marketing 
Subject: Business 
Semester/Term: Summer 2 2023 
Instructor: Darrat
Long or Short?: Medium 
Number of Outcomes: 5
Adaptive Outcomes?: Yes
Number of Milestone Activities:
Type of Milestone Activities: N/A 
Type of Final Assessment: 78 Question MC Exam 
Notes & Overall Thoughts:

Copy all the results for all quizzes in a Google Doc/Word Doc and use them to study .

When you miss a question, there's a blurb that highlights why the correct answer was the correct answer which you can use to pinpoint where in the course materials to study.

With the adaptives, there's a question ‘bank’ for each concept/sub-concept . You will only get more of the questions from the ‘bank’ if you ‘fail’ the adaptive, so I recommend intentionally failing the quizzes maybe once or twice to try and get the most questions to add to your google/word doc . 
Thanks for BUS 330 review. I will take it next Spring 2 term.  Big Grin

This info is from when the courses were on Strut. UMPI moved off of Strut and no longer has exams so none of this info is relevant today.
(03-07-2024, 11:54 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 06:03 AM)ishady Wrote:
(07-14-2023, 08:49 PM)grogers14 Wrote: Name: BUS330 Marketing Management/Fundamentals of Marketing 
Subject: Business 
Semester/Term: Summer 2 2023 
Instructor: Darrat
Long or Short?: Medium 
Number of Outcomes: 5
Adaptive Outcomes?: Yes
Number of Milestone Activities:
Type of Milestone Activities: N/A 
Type of Final Assessment: 78 Question MC Exam 
Notes & Overall Thoughts:

Copy all the results for all quizzes in a Google Doc/Word Doc and use them to study .

When you miss a question, there's a blurb that highlights why the correct answer was the correct answer which you can use to pinpoint where in the course materials to study.

With the adaptives, there's a question ‘bank’ for each concept/sub-concept . You will only get more of the questions from the ‘bank’ if you ‘fail’ the adaptive, so I recommend intentionally failing the quizzes maybe once or twice to try and get the most questions to add to your google/word doc . 
Thanks for BUS 330 review. I will take it next Spring 2 term.  Big Grin

This info is from when the courses were on Strut. UMPI moved off of Strut and no longer has exams so none of this info is relevant today.
Does anyone have any information on Education courses for the BLS education major degree?
Name: BUS 220 - Managerial Accounting
Subject: Business Accounting
Semester/Term: Spring 1 - 2024
Instructor: Stacey Emery
Long or Short?: Long (could be medium or short for accounting person)
Number of Outcomes: 7
Adaptive Outcomes?: Not adaptive but 3 quizzes that do not show the correct answe after, so you only have 3 chances
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: answer some Managerial Accounting questions from UMPI sources or outside (it's a common Managerial Accounting stuff so whichever the sources are the same)
Type of Final Assessment: answer 3 questions in Word and 10 problems in Excel
Notes & Overall Thoughts: for non managerial accounting people, I suggest consult Managerial Accounting tutors. Because the final already open from the first time, I suggest work on the final while doing the milestones. Some accounting tutors can not explain this Managerial Accounting things, so must be a specific Managerial Accounting tutors. The professor is nice to chat with the email if you have problems in the class or in your personal life. Communication is essential.
(03-12-2024, 12:37 AM)FunNgames Wrote: Does anyone have any information on Education courses for the BLS education major degree?

On the Discord ashkir created, there's a whole channel dedicated to the BLS with Educational Studies Minor.
Here's the link to the discord: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...s-YourPace
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hello everyone, I'm new here and still navigating through my courses. I've completed BUS 260 and BUS 240, both of which required writing three milestone papers and quizzes along the way, with the finals being papers as well. Now I'm on the lookout for similar short classes to complete. Can anyone provide insight into the length and format of the following courses I need to take: BUS 321, BUS 415, EDU 350, BUS 307, BUS 341, BUS 335, PSY 355, and BUS 469? Any tips on finding classes with a similar structure to BUS 260 and BUS 240 would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Since I'm earning my BLS with the major in management I'm willing to switch it out for any other business class if needed but it has to be upper division.
(03-20-2024, 03:37 AM)theea Wrote: Hello everyone, I'm new here and still navigating through my courses. I've completed BUS 260 and BUS 240, both of which required writing three milestone papers and quizzes along the way, with the finals being papers as well. Now I'm on the lookout for similar short classes to complete. Can anyone provide insight into the length and format of the following courses I need to take: BUS 321, BUS 415, EDU 350, BUS 307, BUS 341, BUS 335, PSY 355, and BUS 469? Any tips on finding classes with a similar structure to BUS 260 and BUS 240 would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Since I'm earning my BLS with the major in management I'm willing to switch it out for any other business class if needed but it has to be upper division.

If you review this thread, Dr Z class is the fastest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ivanswk78's post:
  • Dnightowl

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 122 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 272 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 273 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 193 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 178 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 329 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 306 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,621 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,494 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 503 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1