Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor CS101
Can anyone please give me some feedback on this final exam? I am very nervous to take it. I passed the non-proctored practice final 2 days ago and all the chapter quizzes but I have struggled quite a bit with the course material (spent 5 months on and off trying to learn it.) I have zero IT/CS/programming background so this was all new/foreign material for me. I am aware that the CLEP, DSST and TECEP options are available for the BSBA computer requirement but my top priority now is keeping the dollar amount down, even at the expense of time/effort.

Please share specific topics or chapters from the course to study and if the proctored final matches the practice final. This will be my 9th Saylor exam so I am aware of the general trends, just need feedback for this specific course. Thank you.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

kalishakti Wrote:Can anyone please give me some feedback on this final exam? I am very nervous to take it. I passed the non-proctored practice final 2 days ago and all the chapter quizzes but I have struggled quite a bit with the course material (spent 5 months on and off trying to learn it.) I have zero IT/CS/programming background so this was all new/foreign material for me. I am aware that the CLEP, DSST and TECEP options are available for the BSBA computer requirement but my top priority now is keeping the dollar amount down, even at the expense of time/effort.

Please share specific topics or chapters from the course to study and if the proctored final matches the practice final. This will be my 9th Saylor exam so I am aware of the general trends, just need feedback for this specific course. Thank you.

I know you don't want to look at other exams, but I do know that this is a harder exam than the others mentioned. I took both the DSST and TECEP cold without studying at all, and passed both. I also have no IT/CS/programming background (I worked in HR/Accounting/Finance/Legal) and haven't worked outside of the home for 14 years, although I'm computer savvy in terms of being able to use different programs, learn them easily, etc. MS Word, Excel, PPT, HR, Accounting, Payroll, Stock Option systems, etc. Front end stuff rather than back end.

This test is much more about programming than the others, those are more general.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Furthermore, the Saylor CS101 is an introduction to Java Programming. You should do a practice test and see how you do on it.
You can review the materials after you do the test to decipher what part you need help with, then get a "dummies guide" from the library.
Make your own notes with the smallest textbook or study resource available and use it for reviewing sections you're not familiar with.
Redo another practice final and see how you do afterwards, practice and repeat until you think you're ready for the proctored final.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor---Easy??? midnite123 12 1,783 10-06-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor Proctoring $5 for all classes now! bjcheung77 18 2,735 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  CUNY SPS and Saylor lawqueen04 3 1,462 10-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  College Algebra CLEP Prep - Saylor or Study.com? tifferbugz 7 1,993 10-27-2018, 11:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Saylor Academy expanding their offerings cookderosa 35 7,034 11-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Nixi
  Calculator for Saylor Business Statistics? keepsingin 7 2,683 10-21-2017, 11:19 PM
Last Post: keepsingin
  Saylor Intro to Statistics a2jc4life 0 1,054 04-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Anyone Taken Saylor's Intro to Comparative Politics? keepsingin 8 2,841 04-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: icampy
  Has anyone used the flash cards to study for a Saylor exam? xrep08 7 2,597 02-28-2017, 09:27 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel
  Saylor NCCRS all classes? morig 5 1,382 10-17-2016, 06:20 PM
Last Post: cookderosa