Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Taken Saylor's Intro to Comparative Politics?
I'm thinking of taking Saylor's Introduction to Comparative Politics instead of American Gov CLEP because it's cheaper. Does anyone have any feedback on this particular exam?
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
[-] The following 1 user Likes keepsingin's post:
  • cwendy111
Ha, so I thought I'd answer my own question for anyone else interested in taking this test. In my biased opinion, this test is an easier option in place of American Gov CLEP. Biased, because general political science is just more interesting to me than Amer Gov. It's less bureaucratic jargon and more stuff/ideas/issues that you would generally be aware of and affected by if you keep up with current events.

Resources I used to study:

This CrashCourse playlist, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhL5DCiz...5hQ3TfM1_k

Intro to Comparative Gov video series on YT channel "Zach Zhao" ...put 'em on 1.5 or 2x speed if you like.

Take the multiple choice unit quizzes and practice test; whatever you get wrong, Wikipedia it. Probably 70% of my studying for this test was on Wikipedia. Know and understand all the concepts, terms, and ideologies presented in the quizzes and practice test. If you can pass the quizzes and the practice test with a high grade (my rule is 90 but I'm an overachiever) you'll definitely pass the final test.

The Course Syllabus is very helpful for finding a particular article or document that the quizzes reference.

EDIT: Can't attach my notes because it won't upload them...oh well.

I studied off and on for about two weeks, and scored a 90, yippee! :coolgleam:
Graduated June 2018!
[-] The following 1 user Likes keepsingin's post:
  • MooSaysCow
I've been messing around with forum settings and formatting and I think this attachment may actually work now! These are my notes for this exam.

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">study notes.docx (Size: 12.6 KB / Downloads: 115)
Graduated June 2018!
[-] The following 2 users Like keepsingin's post:
  • MooSaysCow, MrCollins50
Thanks for your notes. It's much appreciated Smile
Thanks for the notes!!! I've been stressing because this is the last test I need to pass to graduate.
Thanks!

Did you read all of the texts? I don't know that I have time to read 1,500 pages of texts...

All of those crash course videos in that playlist are for comparative politics?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Thanks for the notes!!! Wanted to try and knock this one out this weekend, that's a huge help!!
TESU BSBA GM
Started: Nov 2016
Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
114/120

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for IT Professionals
Saylor: (18) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political Philosophy
Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnvironmental Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
DAVAR: (18) CIS 101ㅣCIS 315ㅣSCI 103ㅣSCI 102ㅣMAN 390ㅣAmerican Gov
TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421
I'm not sure what you refer to by 1500 pages of text? If you mean all of Saylor's course material, no, I didn't read it all. I found it quicker to look up stuff on Wikipedia than to wade through all of their course material. And yes, the entire playlist (13 vids) is on comparative politics. Glad you've found this helpful, don't stress, and good luck on your exams!!
Graduated June 2018!
Thanks buddy. I will do the same and use your notes. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor---Easy??? midnite123 12 1,687 10-06-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 977 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,068 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Saylor Proctoring $5 for all classes now! bjcheung77 18 2,678 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Has anyone taken the ONU Your Way HIS 379 Latin American History and Politics course Insert Name 10 1,353 03-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,370 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,567 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  CUNY SPS and Saylor lawqueen04 3 1,426 10-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,242 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,335 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla